Dont hate on the Organization (It's the best in the NFL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by week17magic, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

i know, you're 100% right, gotta do it though. good for business ;-)

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this is exactly my point ...you hit the nail on the head

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I completely agree with your assessment as to the baltimore game. Today we should have gone for it on 4 & 1 at the goal in the 1st Q. But I don't see the playcalling today as a major impediment to winning. We cannot get in the end zone and we cannot handle a simple field goal formation.

4. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

yeah i loved all the series today where we ran for the first 2 plays for a total of 3 yards leaving sanchez with 3rd and long. then we blame him when he cant convert.

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Great post man! :up:

6. week17magic

week17magic New Member

for those of you who are still bitching about making the playoffs, you have to realize that this was somewhat of a rebuilding year, especially since we consistently started a rookie QB. Lions' fans would kill to have a kind of rebuilding year like this. This is such a great season to build off of and I am certain that our organization will have another successful offseason that will make our expectations high. Hopefully, we don't screw it up.

7. deef

deef Member

Great ownership is right. I especially loved how he wouldn't end his vacation a few days early to speak to a proven winning coach that was available at the time.

Lions fans would be happy to be 7-7 with a team this talented? If so, they must be retarded.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is where your entire post goes into the crapper. This team is cursed not blessed. This team is a Satan worshiper’s wet dream. We drafted Revis Christ and were still cursed.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

"We are blessed" LOL, not in the football world as a fan. Blessed? Wow.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think the Steelers are the best organization in the NFL and I don't think it's close. Look at the success they've had over the course of decades.

The Jets are not close.

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

The best organization in football should play it it's own stadium that is located in an easily accessible downtown area and offer reasonably priced tickets without requiring pSL's.

12. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Holy Fuck I never thought I would hear this from anyone. THe JEts organization is a fucking joke. They can't even get their own stadium FFS. Seriously? Ask people around the league about the reputation of this team. Or, save yourself the time and realize why we have few HOF guys and giuys like Revis get dicked in the probowl voting.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Why would the best organization in football decide split a venue out in Jersey and rip off its own fans for PSLs when it could have had its own stadium in NYC???

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i really am started to get aggravated at the negativity and constant flaming here (amongst our own fans). it's actually pathetic , and as a fan base we should be embarrassed. The only time flaming is appropriate is when you have a million assholes going off the deep end pointing fingers where they shouldn't be pointed just because they're emotional about a loss

i've been on boards of the otehr shit teams i root for (knicks, islanders, and mets) and despite those teams collective ineptitude this attitude isn't anywhere near as bad as TGG. That said, there are still a few rational posters here that make you smile/laugh

Sorry...it strikes a nerve when people try to make a point and look at the bright side of things and people come in and start being assholes.

That said....While i don't think we are the *best* organization in football (since there are other factors..i.e. ticket prices, stadium etc)... from a GM and owner perspective we are pretty fortunate. We have an owner that is willing to win at all costs and open his wallet, and a pretty good/savvy GM in tannenbaum. There are alot of owners out there who are complete tightwads and we have been spoiled being a big market team that we don't really know what that's like.
    Alot of our acquisitions the past few years (minus gholston) have paid off and i think as fans we don't appreciate some of the moves we've made. Jesus...Jenkins, revis, washington, faneca, mangold, braylon, david harris....all players we've acquired in the past 3 years.

It's sad, but as a fan base i think we have been so accustomed to losing in so many ways we have just become perpetually fatalistic in every sense and can never appreciate the good things amongst all the bad.

#34 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

yeah, heading in the right direction, but same results every year..

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There is a awful lot of supposed Jet fans that seem like Jet haters.

Please root for the Giants or whoever else.

I can't freakin wait until 2010, sitting in the new stadium and my hopes are that everyone that bitches and complains all the time continues with their bitchy tradition and bitched about PSL's.

Meaning that these schmuck Jet fans won't be in the building spreading their negativity.

Go grab some tissues, wipe away your tears and try and make rational posts and not just hate on the Jets because they ruined your life.

17. QB-John Huarte

QB-John Huarte New Member

Woody Johnson threatened to move this team to Los Angeles a few years ago unless he got a new stadium. There was nothing wrong with Giants Stadium but he HAD to have his PSLs. Stick it to the fans of the worst team in the tri-state area for two score years.

Ryan and Sanchez deserve more time. But I'm wary about whether they will win a championship. Blowhards seldom due because they have flaws and are trying to cover them up instead of correcting them.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Islanders, Knicks haven't won crap.

Mets haven't won crap since 86-

We've been in the playoffs since 1980 11 times.-

There are much much worse franchises then that in the NFL.

Any putz can be negative be a real trooper and stay positive. Get some freakin Prozac.

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i like this guy :)

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Ugh. Rebuilding from when? 2006? Maybe 2004? This team has won the AFC East only twice since the merger, and one of those times it only took a 9-7 season.

I've heard "rebuilding," "one player away," "need a new offensive coordinator," "need a new defensive coordinator," and "need a new general manager" so many effin' times, you'll excuse me if I get upset when someone tries to sell me one of them AGAIN. Meanwhile, I've seen the Miami Dolpfinz - the team I hate more than any other - go from a 1-15 season straight into an 11-5 season and an AFC East title, and then I had to watch them this season beat us TWICE. If we only won one of those games, we would be competing for the division. But, of course, not this year. Not ANY year, it seems.

We have a rookie quarterback, and I didn't expect ProBowl things out of him this year. In fact, I didn't know what the hell to expect from him this year at all. But LOOKING BACK, this didn't have to be a "rebuilding season." And so, I don't accept that nonsense.