Absolute and total disgrace

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by baghead, Dec 20, 2009.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Some will call me a quitter but I pretty much mailed it in after the horrible OT loss against Buffalo. That game was enough to let me know the Jets weren't going to do anything but break our hearts this year. Ever since then the losses have hurt much less because to me the 2009 Jets are essentially done.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Next year, our defense should be amazing. They were very, very good this year, but I think they will really be spectacular next year.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Unfortunately the pain isn't over year especially w/ Denver losing. We still have hope and thye will drag this out a little longer and probably make it even more painful later on.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

almost agree - we need an OLB force to get the QB off the edge on passing downs. we are 22nd or so in QB sacks. that has to improve - especially on 3rd down.

jil

5. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

what sucks even more is the missed INT's during the game and esp Revis's on the 3rd down play at the end before the winning pass...he holds that and its over.

6. Kenny

Kenny New Member

that wasnt exactly in his hands... The one drop that stood out was Leonards that would of been a walk in touchdown

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/same_old_jets_xl8DWoj7ITKJcEKanNqrjP

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We got what we deserve as Jet fans, when 40,000 people show up to an 80,000+ seat Stadium for a december game in a playoff race then we don't deserve to see a winner.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thats the difference between the rookie and veteran darksiders.....i started having nightmares after the 2nd failure to come away with pts in falcon territory....

i had the L penciled in well before the final play :(

jil

10. sackexchange

I guess the most painful scenario is to win out and be the last team left out of the playoffs due to tiebreakers. However; I really cannot see us beating Indy unless the Jets miraculously discover a passing game.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Could be so, but it's not our defense I'm concerned about.

At the podium last night, Rex Ryan said the same thing you're saying above and took it a step further. He said he wants to be a "dominant defense" and when we score next year, we're going to win, because this defense will be a shut-down defense and not allow any points. "If we get ahead, we're going to stay ahead," almost as if he were comparing the 7-3 lead to the 7-10 loss.

Okay, fine, but here we go again. The DC-turned HC is still emphasizing our defense. I find nothing wrong with that but Ryan needs to become so much more involved with the offense too. He still thinks like a DC in many ways and we need to be more balanced. Putting up 7 points and then sputtering all day is ridiculous.

What I am saying is, he needs to bring the same intensity he requires of his defense to the offensive side, and that starts with our Pancho Villa mustachioed look-alike, the Cisco Kid.

#91 Section 227. Row 5, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  12. Section 227. Row 5

40,000? You're giving too much credit!

13. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Exactly, I knew we were going to lose. Sit there and watch 3 fucked up field goals..I knew it was going to come back on us.

14. sackexchange

Not just the missed FG's but how about the dropped INT by Leonhard that would have been a sure pick 6??!! You just cannot piss away multiple opportunities week in and week out and expect to be a winning team. Our D is real good but they are not quite good enough to pitch a shutout against a decent Offense. I have never seen a team find a way to consistently screw themselves every week.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh come on! The guy is playing with a broken thumb!

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The team is actually good enough to win now if they would eliminate idiotic mistakes. I think thats part of what is so frustrating w/these Jets. They are good now. They are good enough now to be in the playoffs. But they aren't in the playoffs because they cannot stop making stupid mistakes and shooting themselves in the foot.

Next year they should be better. But the reality is they could be worse next year. Sometimes teams don't improve. Sometimes teams get worse. Freak injuries occur, somebody loses their edge, players don't develop as planned, personnel changes don't work, bad luck, loss of mental focus, off field incidents...any of these things can occur. There is no guarantee that this team will improve at all next year. This could be the best season we see for the next 5 years.

That is why you have to play each game with a level of intensity that they Jets simply failed to demonstrate yesterday. They don't play hard enough. They don't focus on the details enough. They make stupid mistakes that cost them the game. They do this repeatedly. They do not play like champions.

Hope they do get better, but I wouldn't count on it.

All we have is beat the colts and see what happens.

17. Section 227. Row 5

After the game, Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez dress up like The Cisco Kid and Pancho and pose with Pancho's horse, Loco, to discuss next year's strategy:

[​IMG] [B]Then they ride off into th...www.genordell.com/stores/western/CiscoKid.htm

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That whole drive was turd-worthy, but that one play was pretty much one of the crowning turds of the drive, just slightly less bad than the TD pass to Gonzales, but for the same reason - because Rex had the team in a soft zone with zero contact to the receivers at the LOS.

It should have been Revis on White for that play, because Revis had that fucker owned all night long.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah I felt this one coming as the botched FG attempts mounted. It was such a typical Jetsian display of ineptitude, there was only one way to lose this game - by going 0-3 on FG attempts - and the Jets found it like a mouse in a maze going for the cheese. The last minute defensive letdown was fore-ordained after they'd done the hard part first.

20. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

That's when I gave up. Thanks to my ISP, I can't even watch the matches at the moment, which for the first time in a long time doesn't really matter to me.

Hopefully Sanchez makes some dramatic improvements for next season because no doubt Ryan will ride him into the ground no matter how bad the kid plays.