Absolute and total disgrace

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by baghead, Dec 20, 2009.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is frustrating but last year was much worse. Staubach and Bradshaw were frustrating when they first broke in. It's going to get better, it's just going to take a little time.

I loved Rex saying that we have a good D but not an elite D after the game. He said it an elite D doesn't let a team drive the field on you at the end of a game to take the lead, they don't allow it.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Nail, meet head. If we, as long time fans, haven't seen this same scenario played out SO many times before it would be one thing...

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i believe we are a corner , a safety to replace pretty boy rhodes, an upgrade at bryan thomas's position, a bad ass defensive end on either side, and a healthy jenkins (or the guy from nebraska...suh) away from being the defense that rex has in mind. then some major things must take place in the off season to help our offense.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fuck Ron Winter. He F**ks this team every time he's on the field.

Jones was about the 9th guy in, Atlanta was the team getting chippy after giving up the conversion..

Then there's the grounding cal on Mark, when a guy in the patern gets held, but NO F*ng Call on Ryan, on a 3 step drop throwing the ball away.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup..... Made Fatcessas point.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What drives me nuts about the Jets is that for every positive move forward there is an equal and corresponding step backwards to remind us what it means to be a Jet's fan.

1998 - the season builds towards greatness all year and then even after the loss in the AFC championship game in Denver it's hard to be disappointed because we finally have a coach that gets it and we're going to win a Super Bowl.

1999 - season over in game 1. Coach gives up on the team at the end of the year, and our shot at a Super Bowl goes away.

2000 - Jets get out to 6-1 start, beating good teams on the way. Finish 3-6 to make it just not matter. Coach gone at the end of the year.

2002 - Chad comes out of nowhere to nearly set a completion percentage record. Jets win out and get a break from the Patriots at the end and go a couple of rounds in the playoffs. Things look bright.

2003 - Chad injured in training camp. Season over.

2004 - Jets have a solid season and almost upset the Steelers in the playoffs.

2005 - Jets collapse into sad sack losers. Coach gone at the end of the year.

2006 - Mangini looks like a genius, Jets way over-achieve and make the playoffs.

2007 - Mangini looks like an idiot, Jets collapse. Chad gone at end of year.

2008 - Jets and Brett look great. Jets and Brett collapse. Coach gone at end of year.

2009 - 3-0 start, Sanchez looks great. 1-6 mid-season Sanchez over-exposed. 2-0 to get back in it and then inexplicably collapse to fall out of playoff race.

It's just a ridiculous string of events. I don't want the Jets to do well at this point - that just means they'll collapse afterwards. What I want is for them to collapse because then things will look up shortly.

The Jets are one of the worst organizations in the NFL. They do nothing by the book and their results yo-yo around based largely on strength of schedule and injuries.

7. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Excellent point. It just seems that the Jets (except for 1998) have been less than the sum of their parts. They have a knack of pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory too many times. They seem to always lose too many close games. How many different ways can this team find ways to lose? They hardly ever make it comfortable watching them even when they are winning in the fourth quarter. Anybody in their right mind will have the same crappy feeling in their stomach once something goes wrong becase the first thought is always "here we go again".

I hate to put labels on people as "winners" and "losers" because football is such a team sport, but it just seems that the Jets have been woefully lacking in people that "will not allow the team to lose" over their history. As Yogi Berra used to say "it's deja vu all over again."

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i do not know why i am seeing some say that this game is not on the QB. sub par QB play again was a major factor along with the field goal cluster phucks....

the QB has to improve, bar none. the basic NFL throws are still an adventure.

jil

9. baghead

baghead Banned

The Pain Is Over For This Year

Better tonight than in 2 weeks against the bengals, after we miraculously manage to score some points against the colts next week ,My prediction would have been for a blocked
    field goal in overtime that was returned for a TD ,as the clock ran out ..

:jets: :breakdance: :beer:

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Man just some fantastic threads today....some of the best all year

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Can you pump some Raid into that bag?

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

it was just explained in another thread the jets still have a decent shot at the 5 seed if they win out so the pain continues on.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Did you not see the Broncos loss today? The Jets have new life. They will take advantage of it!

14. baghead

baghead Banned

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please dont say it is so

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I have to agree...just end the season already.

I admire those who want to be optimistic.

I think I'll stay realistic. It helps cushions me against the disappointment.

16. baghead

baghead Banned

we have 2 hopes , NO and BOB ...

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont think people are jumping off the bridge or off the wagon. i think people see the talent on this team. i think people hope they will get better in time.

HOWEVER its nice to win when you have a chance, its nice to win when you have a better team. its painful to lose when you shouldnt and you only did because of ineptitude. people are going to be pissed about a loss like this, no point in talking shit to them.

18. baghead

baghead Banned

004 - Jets have a solid season and almost upset the Steelers in the playoffs.

John Hall enters the Hall of Heartbreakers Christmas Destroyed .

19. baghead

baghead Banned

that must have been after xmas ,foook knows weve never had a good one always some form of disaster ..

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We have the worst "franchise QB" in the history of the NFL. That final drive with 1:30 on the clock could have been a defining moment for Sanchez as our leader, "our guy." Wait, actually, I guess it was...

He never had to lead USC on a game-winning drive because all their games were blowouts. If our running game isn't blowing the doors off people (and even if it is, e.g. the first Buffalo game) we have no chance to win any game we play.

I hate the Dolphins more than any team in pro sports (with the exception of the Pats), but let's face it, Chad Henne is clearly better than the Sanchize.