how are we going to beat the colts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinnumber13, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

nah im not trying to be the dickhead who rains on the parade since the whole purpose of a forum is the free exchange of ideas.

I just think the Falcons are a team you cant look past. they gave the Saints a run for their money without Ryan and Turner.

I'm more than confident in our team, I think our defense can play with anyone; its a matter of our Offense securing and capitalizing on the situations our D puts us in that is worrisome.

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The way TJ takes care of his body he might do another 5 years.. I dont know if for us but he has the work ethic

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i believe hes on the books for one more year after this, but in his contract he has an obscene roster bonus due to him in March if I'm correct. (someone might want to correct me on that one)

being that we'll be relying on Greene in his 2nd year and Leon coming off a compound fracture I'm sure the Jets will find it in their best interest to keep TJ around.

as far as physically? the guy prolly has 2 real solid years left after this before he starts his decline.

being he was considered a bust for the first 3 or 4 yrs of his career he didnt see much action till he went to Chicago.

4. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Certain players just shock you on the way they can keep going and being productive... TJ seems like a quiet back who gets the job done year in year out.. I could admit i was a hater of him previously but he gets it done and shuts me up every year

5. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

how are we going to beat the colts?

By scoring more points then they do!

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Fatcessa actually had a good point concerning TJ.

Since he wasn't used as much early in his career he should have a lot more gas left in him.

He says he bases RB's on rushing attempts and that's why Eddie George's career was shortened.

7. mayer_abadi

mayer_abadi New Member

The colts??? or peyton manning ?? of course we can beat the colts we are the 1st oass defense ranked in the leaguee

8. DustinK

DustinK New Member

3 weeks. :lol:

9. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I'm not going to address how stupid that comment was, but trust me, it's pretty bad.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Does Oasis defense mute the radio if they ever come on?

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Hope you didn't think Fatboy came up with that did you? It's been talked about here for a while. Less mileage and in great shape.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah, he's about a year behind the rest of us.

13. 1EyeWalker

1EyeWalker New Member

I just hope we hand the job over to Greene and cut ties with TJ at the right time and not too late. There was nothing worse than watching a washed up Curtis Martin for an entire season after we had already lost Lamont Jordan (I know he was terrible in Oakland, but he was great for us).

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Not in calorie consumption. He's way ahead of the curve there.

15. 1EyeWalker

1EyeWalker New Member

With all the love for TJ being at an all time high, I decided to take a look around the league to see where I rank TJ at his position. I came up with 8 running backs that I would say are currently better than TJ (Frank Gore, Ronnie Brown, Ray Rice, MJD, Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams). So I have him as being the 9th best running back in the NFL. Not bad, but im not sure he is hall of fame bound as some are saying.

There are a handful of rookie or second year backs that I would prefer over TJ because of their age and vast upsides. This list includes Rashard Mendenhall, Knowshon Moreno and Jamaal Charles. This means I have 11 backs that I would prefer the Jets had over TJ.

I would have made this a separate thread but Im not able to start them yet. What do you guys think? Does everyone agree that hes in the 9-12 range as far as ranking at the rb position?

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd say that's fair. His biggest strength is really his consistency.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Personaly, I am thrilled that the colts are playing to win, for numerous reasons.

First, I truely believe we can beat PM and the Colts in their own crib. We are perhaps the only team in the NFL that can stop their offense and run the ball down their throats.

Second, we waltzed into Tennessee last season (with almost the same team) and stomped, literally stomed, the 10-0 undefeated, noone can beat them, Titians.

Third, the PM colts will be in the SB, so.....if that is our goal, then let's get 'er done now.

Forth, if we beat a Manning-less colts team, their will be NO glory. The entire world will say "See how valuable Manning is to the team?". Our #1 Defense will be an after thought.

Fifth: Good defenses beat good offenses. That's our montra. Let's see.

Sixth: We will zoom 15+ spots in the power rankings, possibly to number 1. Like Rex said, you don't luck your way into the top defense this late into the season. Shutting down PM certifies us as the top defense in the nation.

Seventh: go jets

18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Ryan's defense has always given Peyton fits. If the Jets are able to blitz and hit him, Indy will put him on the bench. When we have the ball it's all about running and short passing.

19. L Washington29

L Washington29 New Member

LOL what?

In 2008, Manning hung up 31 points with a 132.7 QB Rating vs. Rex Ryan's Ravens.

In 2007, Manning hung up 44 points with a 157.5 QB Rating vs. Rex Ryan's Ravens.

In 2005, Manning hung up 24 points with a 98.6 QB Rating, 2 TDs, and 0 interceptions vs. Rex Ryan's Ravens.

Manning had one bad game vs. his defense which was in the AFC Divisional in 2006 -- that was in their Super Bowl winning year.

Manning has typically murdered Rex Ryan's blitz happy scheme even when Baltimore had the best of personnel and some of the best defenses in the league. He has a 120.1 QB Rating vs the blitz this year, I believe that's tops in the league. He isn't going to be beat by blitzing massive amounts of men aimlessly, Rex needs a hell of a scheme to stop him and I hope he doesn't let Manning destroy him again.

20. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Not really.
    W, L, Completions, Attempts, %, Yards, TD, INT, Rating
    [​IMG]