POSSIBLE Snowstorm Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Dec 16, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That's why you can buy a ticket for 15 bucks and why we won't get a superbowl. Bite Me Woody

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Waaaaaahhhhh! Whiners all of you.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Ain't that the friggin truth......

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

YES!!!

[​IMG]

NOOOO!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. Jetsman1987

Jetsman1987 New Member

Hey this may be a bit off topic but i'm new to posting on this site. I got tickets to sundays falcon's game, and it's my first game(i live in buffalo). Anyone got any suggestions on parking and maybe good places to stay near Rutherford. I thought i heard somewhere stadium parking was for season ticket holders only.

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

You can buy a parking pass on any ticket broker website, Highly suggest you get one, its only like 70 dollars on those sites, maybe cheaper. If you don't have one, I have no idea where you park, but they direct you somewhere. The Sheraton is right next to the Stadium. I live in Brick, NJ. Its about an hour away, I've never went up the night before a game but I am considering staying at the Sheraton due to this storm we are going to get.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It is. If you want to park in the tailgate section (closer to the Stadium), u need parking passes which u can (probably) find on eBay. Otherwise, I think they have satellite parking areas that u cannot tailgate at. You will also have to take a shuttle to the Stadium. If you don't wanna drive due to the storm, you can take advantage of the new Stadium train station. It takes you from Penn Station to the Meadowlands in a reasonable amount of time.

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I just went to the Jets/Panthers game a few weeks ago, first time to a game also. There is a Hampton Inn (Carlstadt, NJ on Paterson Plank Rd.) near the stadium that has a free shuttle to and from the game (except for night games). Less than a mile away I believe. We were very happy with it, just parked our car at the hotel and let the shuttle do the work. I'd recommend them to anyone.

11. Jetsman1987

Jetsman1987 New Member

awesome, got a hotel booked. If anyone knows or has a good area to tailgate let me know!

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey Gesh...hate to lay the bad news on you but you have no choice but to leave by tonite.

The trip tomorrow is starting to look almost impossible. Im not sure if GH would agree...but all the models are at least saying now a snowstorm to say the least. Some much worse then that.

I have no idea how anyone would be able to make that commute tomorrow...I guess you could start out and pull over if it got bad...just think it will already be a mess by morning.

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My latest update. I can't spend a lot of time because I am super busy today. Officially, the storm will be over Sunday morning early in the NYC area. There should be plenty of time to get things ready for the game. DC area - somewhere around a foot of snow; possibly a bit more. N. Virginia - again around a foot. Leave tonight from these areas if you can. PHil - 8 - 12 ". Atl City 10 - 15". NYC 6 - 12"; Rutherford same as NYC. Southern NJ from I 195 south 10" - 15". Central Jersey: Somerville area 6 - 12". As you go farther out on LI the totals will proably lean toward 12".

Game conditions: Highs around 32 with a north wind at 10 with gusts to as high as 20 mph; Partly Cloudy condiitons with some sunshine.

This is the best I can do for now. I will try to do another update a bit later.

#113 GreenHornet, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  14. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

I really appreciate it. I may leave tonight. My wife suggests that I wait for early Sunday morning to see what the situation is. I am currently leaning to not going at all and eating the $260 I spent on tickets and parking on ebay (42 yard line, 3d row from the field behind the Jets bench) & trying to cancel the hotel. I really want to go but I don't want to be reckless especially with my kid with me. I'll decide tonight what I'm doing.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

can't trust the weather-- this storm could still move east a bit and we get a coating of snow

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Dude, you have got to be kidding me. Leave tonight if you have to.

Football with your son in NJ in the snow with the Jets possibly playoff bound?

Its a no brainer. I grew up in NJ and we used to have big snow storms, and now that NJ doesn't have them- everybody is afraid to drive in the snow.

Grow a set and get to the game. :shit:

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Leave tonight. It'll be worth it. Just pack lots of warm clothes.

Alternative plan, ditch the kid and take me. :)

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Good bathroom at that Sheraton for those times where need to take an emergency dump before you hit the lot. Hope I was able to help. :lol:

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Don't need Jet fans like you, dealing with Phin fans is bad enough.

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Please go and enjoy the game. If you live in N. Virginia; the safest route to get you to NY is to go North up into PA. Stay between Harrisburg and Hazelton tonight and tomorrow night - the storm will not be as bad there. You should be able to find a relatively cheap place to stay. Sunday morning come to Rutherford on I 80. Snow totals will go up as you go east, but the crews should have been working hard on the roads and you should be fine. OR, early Saturday, come east and time your arrival by 10am Saturday and get a hotel near the stadium, then you just have a short trip on Sunday to the parking lot........This is an experience that you and your son should enjoy.

As long as you don't mind the extra driving and be smart, you'll have fun.

#120 GreenHornet, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009