how are we going to beat the colts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinnumber13, Dec 17, 2009.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well I think the fact that Jax has the 27th ranked pass D and the Jets have the #1 ranked pass D could help us just a little.

Indy also gave up 139 yds on the ground. Being the Jets have the #1 rush O in the league may help also.

2. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Ahh, the old "ringer" trick. Me likes the way you think. Late hit to the side of his right unbraced knee. Evil Genius.

3. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

More Evil Genius!

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Football is still about the fight in a team and the Colts really don't have much to play for. Revis on Wayne is worth the price of admission but if the Jets are going to have any chance Kerry Rhodes is going to have to get his head out of his ass and match up on Clark.

5. DustinK

DustinK New Member

Really, the worst part is that Manning has 3 days extra to prepare.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Ive been waiting since week 3 for this match up. Revis vs Wayne and Manning. Clash of the titans.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Is Manning usually a guy who picks on top corners to prove he's better or avoids them to prove he's not stupid?

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I read a VERY interesting article that said the Colts were playing the starters this week:

A) to sweep out their division

B) Because in a short week you don't have enough time to prepare your backups... while youre starters are already in game mode.

The article also said that with a long week coming up the Colts would have more time to get the backups ready so they could play half a game against the Jets.

Also, Manning is the main piece of the puzzle for the Colts and we are quite a physical team. If there is one team Manning can get hurt playing against that's us. With all the blitzing we do he's gonna get a lot of hits (remember the first games) and if Caldwell is smart this is the game he'll pull him out.

I say blitz the heck out of him the first half and make him feel the Jets pass-rush... even if it's not the best gameplan in that exact situation that will get him out of the game for the second half!

I want to see another Ihedigbo celebration :p

9. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

either way we have to beat them either here or in the playoffs. so if they beat us next week then we kind of dont deserve to be in the playoffs then.:manning:

10. HOI

HOI Active Member

If we score more point than them...I think we'll win.

11. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

not sure scoring more points will win it....sounds like a long shot

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

take a couple of late hits against peyton. what the hell

13. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

That is my thought exactly ... The Colts want to win to stay undefeated, BUT they will not risk getting Manning injured to do so ... If we can get pressure on him, I think they will put him on the bench ... The Colts "D" did not look that good MJD gashed them for quite a few good runs, I would think that TJ and Shonne can do even better ....

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i think as a superstitous person can we lock this thread till monday??

then reopen it???

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I believe the Colts can be overpowered, as the Jags showed with Jones Drew last night. On defense, it is on the secondary....hello Revis.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

does anyone not want manning pulled out of the game. I love manning and enjoy watching him play and watching him play against revis is going to be one of the best matchups of any in the nfl this year.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

With all due respect guy's but for those who think that we are going to score more points than the Colts, what passing game do you think is going to make this happen?

David Garrard threw an interception last night inside the Colt 25 yard line and killed the Jags chance for an upset.

MS would have to play a perfect game for us to win, personally I don't see it happening.

Hopefully that will be our only loss in the next couple of weeks. :jets:

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I can't even think about the Colts until we beat the Falcons on Sunday. That is primo; without that, the Colts game almost falls off the map.

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

If Revis shuts down Wayne this game, he better be DPOY. I definitely want Manning to play, at least the first half cause I really wanna see the matchups between the starters. Conversely, I'd rather have an easy win against the Colts so none of our players get "extra nicked" for the Bengals game.

Although as stated before - unless we beat ATL, this is all a mute point.

20. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Assuming the Jets beat ATL.....

Should be a good one. NFL's top passing offense against the top passing defense. If we can keep that to a draw and run the ball we have a shot. However, Peyton Manning is the best I've ever seen. Even if we completely dominate, I wouldn't bet against him.