how are we going to beat the colts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinnumber13, Dec 17, 2009.

1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i just watched this team beat a jags team that couldnt of played any better football then what i saw out of them and the colts still found a way to win. im a believer in our jets team and our number 1 ranked defense but can anyone really argue that manning isnt one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time. we are going to be in for a battle

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Let's take care of Atl first, then worry about how to take down that machine

3. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

it doesnt matter if we dont beat the falcons.

/lock thread.

4. allan1

allan1 Active Member

we've done it before, we'll do it again

5. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I feel that if our D-line can get pressure on Manning and show that there is a risk of him getting hurt they might take him out in the middle of the game to prevent injuries

6. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

The biggest challenge we are going to have against the colts is stopping Dallas Clark

7. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Yeah well I saw a Colts D that was just awful. Our offense will be able to score points. I say if we can keep Manning and there O under 24 we win.

8. 624

624 Banned

If there is one defense in the league that matches up well against this offense, it's the Jets, but that's enough of this thread until after the Atlanta game.

9. 1EyeWalker

1EyeWalker New Member

If we're facing Curtis Painter instead of Manning as people are saying, then Id say we have a great chance of winning the game.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

too be honest, with Revis shutting down reggie wayne, I would rather triple team Dallas Clark and force a guy like Garcon to beat Lito 1-on-1. Then of course it will be huge for Ellis to lead the charge of our DL to getting after Peyton.

Offensively we need to ride TJ, and not be afraid to challenge the colts deep with Braylon/J-co.

Oh and the Colts have no one who can stay with Keller, make them pay for single covering him. You know just like they will if we do the same with Dallas Clark

11. 624

624 Banned

Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

12. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Easy. First play of the game, send Marques Murrell in and tell him to decapitate Peyton Manning. After he leaves on a stretcher, it's easy.

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I hate to say it but we have to follow the Phin's gameplan. They played the *perfect* offensive gameplan against the Colts. If they had a defense that was 70% of what ours is, they would have won that game

14. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

yes we have to focus on ATL but us as fans are allowed to talk about the game after. win or lose against the falcon we still want to beat the colts. i do believe we match up well against them but i agree that clerk is going to be the big problem. can pace or thomas cover him? and idk about lito 1-1 i see him getting beat

15. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Our best is better than the jags best... its as simple as that.. you can't say that since the jags played a good game and still lost.. we can't win.. thats just stupid..

what i saw with this game.. the colts defense is horrible.. really poor.. and our defense is a lot better than JAX.. all we need to do is slow them down.. I don't see us having a problem scoring points..

plus, if you watch the post game.. manning was talkin about the team being a little banged up... the average bumps and bruises that goes along with playing a season of football.. i think if we get after him.. and hit him hard.. he'll take a seat on the bench.. and then ill get to watch Painter play football... AGAIN...

16. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

but look at what jax did tonight.. they threw the ball all over IND... miami didnt.. miami ran all over IND.. what does this show.. IND DEFENSE BLOWS!.. getting worked up over our offensive scheme is a waste.. teams are scoring on IND.. its stopping IND that is going to get us the W...

17. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Oh god no. We'll need Smith to be on him all day like glue.

18. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

i don't know.. that dude clerk is pretty good..

19. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I agree whole-heartedly....my contention is that it's easier on us the less we *have* to stop Indy (meaning run a ball-control game plan to keep them off the field)

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd suggest sending Eric Smith to break his face, but whatever works.