POSSIBLE Snowstorm Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

or sanchez can throw plenty INT's when hes throwing a half a foot off target when he looks downfield and only sees cleats.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Seriously, when in the game do you think BS will call a double reverse?

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

GH...I see you follow this stuff..the trends of northwest with these storms is very true as they get closer.

The EURO model just came out and its even more northwest..show a major snowstorm for the entire area. This from a met on the Eastern site "Euro way north and west. Heavy snow for NYC."

Thats usually a pretty good model this close to an event. I think forecasts will be changing by tonite. Not sure of the timing yet..whether its a saturday night or sunday snowstorm.

This from a pro met on Eastern:

Euro verbatim, to me, says 16-20" for DCA-BWI... 14-18" PHL... 13-17" NYC... 8-12" BOS

Now..this is the first time this model has gone that high..but like you mentioned..this trend has been the norm as we get closer to storms...juts much colder air in place.

#63 jaywayne12, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

1st quarter

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I wonder if Sanchez has ever even seen snow before. David Clowney on the other hand...

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I know we are joking around but If he does, I will turn off the game or watch another game, I still have nightmares about the Denver game. :mad:

7. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Don't remind me, I was at that game :(

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

TAKE A LOOK AT THE 18Z NAM THAT JUST CAME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SAYS EL BLIZZARDO FOR SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, still a bit early to go all in, but this late in the game relative to when the snow starts is a very good thing.

#68 GreenHornet, Dec 17, 2009
  9. jaywayne12

Im looking at it now...its the last model to come aboard (gfs is almost there too) HOLY CRAP.

Im not just saying this...and Im going to get crushed for it...but there might not be a game on Sunday. That is a blizzard....1 and 1/2 qpf at snow ratios of 13 to 1...do the math...thats a ton of snow.

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

It snows in Mexico.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

it snows for know reason

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Whoa! I respect Jaywayne12's opinion! Nice to be under cover.

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I can't decide if a large snowstorm is good for us or not. You gotta think that just makes a Sanchez reinjury that much more likely. Plus, as they say, weather is a great equalizer. Run, run, run, and run some more will likely be the game plan (Schotty has hopefully learned his lesson from Seattle).

I say it favors us, but only a little.

14. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Okay, I don't know what "18Z NAM" means, but yo comprendo El Blizzardo (I think).

Oh man, I really love the Jets, but snow is probably a close second to me. I'm getting all misty-eyed reading the most recent posts in this thread.

Hot damn! A blizzard would be cool.

The game will take care of itself and the Jets will be fine no matter what because we are going to win out and go to the playoffs!

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

It says 39 degrees and precipitation on sunday. Probably wont be snow but still a cold messy game sunday.

16. jaywayne12

That will change my friend.

my local weather person just said "possible snow" maybe 1-3 inches..maybe more.

Guess what..hes really really really wrong.

GH....GFS Model just came out....its not nearly as potent as the euro and nam..but its moving in the right direction.

When you wake up tomorrow metro ny ...there will be a winter storm watch for your area.

Now...go f yourself san diego.

17. MarionBarber31

Hey JW12 and/or GH,

My friends and colleagues make fun of me for being a weather-nerd, but I'm not even in the same league as you guys!

Where are you getting all this stuff? Care to share a link or two?

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about and am humbled in the cyber presence of two TRUE weather-nerds!:jets:

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think this is a classic case of when you take into consideration the cold air bias of the GFS and the warm air bias of the NAM the storm will probably go in between the 2 tracks. That actually makes us fair better in terms of more snow!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is the day when the models will lock in on this storm, but it could go down as one of the more memorable December snow storms in a heck of a long time. I am really liking the chances of a White Xmas this year. We haven't had one since the '95/'96 winter.

There could even be another snowstorm around Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Probably another one after that. There is an outside chance we could smash December snowfall records before the end of the month...........not totally definte yet.

When you look at the tanking -NAO and factor in that it is in a bit of an uptick now, it usually always spells snow for the East Coast. The long range has us going into severe cold right around the New Year. With considerable snow depth in the tri-state area it would mean below zero F weather for lows for a few days.......that also would be amazing.

This could be......not definite............something pretty amazing.

Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!Just win baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 GreenHornet, Dec 17, 2009
  19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Here ya go for starters. Click on the links for the NAM models and the GFS and look where it says maps of SLP (Sea Level Pressure). Remember Z time, is Greenwich Mean Time (Go Jets), so 12Z is really 7am in the winter. You can look at the other maps of mb (millibar levels), but if you don't know a ton about meteorology you will find it very confusing. I can feed you much more, but this will occupy you for some time.

I am to weather what Revis Christ is to the New York Jets.

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/

20. MarionBarber31

Thanks Man! I'm gonna go check it out.