17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not even sure if anyone will be able to get into the first 4 rows... isn't that segregated from the rest of the Uppers? At any rate, I for one would certainly NOT dangle any banners off of someone else's seat and violate the rules for fear that it would reflect on you, the registered ticketholder. And for sure, I certainly would never encourage my "tenants" to do that (I'm sure you won't, but just sayin'), because that could cause the Woodster to possibly revoke the seats.

That would be my only concern with your "tenant" situation going forward. You've said in the past that you know these guys from your old neighborhood or whatever, but just make sure to remind them to always play by the rules and don't do anything that will jeopardize your seats. I know you already know this... just sayin' for the sake of informing others who might be doing the same thing.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes there is a aisle after the 1st 4 rows & the remainder of the UD

Understand on the banner thanks for the advice

3. Section 227. Row 5

You guys are going down. Looking forward to the next Jets-Giants game so we can kick your ass in the new stadium.

4. Section 227. Row 5

After looking at the pics again, it appears there is a clear shot to just walk down to the first 4 rows from the rest of the Uppers. Security will be watching this, however, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever thought about doing this.

There have been plenty of times that I've been in my seats in Row 5 and walked down to Row One. IT's really nice to be able to watch the game from there with nobody standing up in front of you at the last second... what a pleasure! You are so lucky to have the Row One seats... probably the BEST SEATS in the house, from my perspective: No PSL and priced reasonably, yet a great view of the action. Doesn't get any better than that in terms of ultimate value.

I was hoping that my 1986 seniority would get me something like that but I grossly underestimated how many 1976 guys still had their original seats. I figured, after all these years, that many of them (from Staten Island and Long Island) would have given up their tenure, especially since the Jets have had such a long string of non-SB appearances (the Kotite years, Joe Walsh, etc., etc). It's absolutely amazing when you think about it... that so may guys held on to their season tickets for so long even though we had to endure the 40 years in the wilderness. I'm one of them, and so are you, but I always thought many others would not have held out for 25+ years. it just goes to show you what Jets fans are made of... persistent and perservering doesn't even begin to describe the mentality.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I thought I heard it on 1050 when the were talking about building the new stadiums.

I suppose I'm wrong. I thought they had to be set a certain amount back or put on columns.

Isn't there columns in the New Yankee Stadium, hence the obstructed views?

6. Section 227. Row 5

It's all water over the dam now and no use even going into it, but I think columns (if they had to have them) could have been installed and still not have been a nuisance. In other words, you could have them situated with stairways, escalators, tunnels and even concessions behind them instead of seats. But whatever... it is what it is.

I just think it's poorly designed from a football viewing point of view. Unless, of course, you pay $20,000 for a PSL in the Club Section.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

8. Section 227. Row 5

Looking at that last photo, if you were to ask me how many people the new stadium holds, I'd have to guess 100,000 at least. It's amazing to me that it only holds 82,000 vs. 78,000 for the old one.

They've obviously expanded the border around the playing field, which necessitated pushing the first row of the seats further away from the field. That, coupled with the spread out pancake effect, results in everyone being much farther away from the action.

9. MadBacker Prime

Actually the fronts rows are the closest of any stadium, in the LL that is.

I'll post some pics later from my tour, it's really close-

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Should be a lot easier getting through the concourses, that's good. Not worth doing all this for but a good thing at least.

#4570 Italian Seafood, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  11. Section 227. Row 5

Should improve the traffic flow getting out... so that's a good thing. But it's still a lot of walking, so I guess it's a wash as far as saving time.

12. championjets69

Yes we were most lucky that other 60s STHers before me opted for the more middle of the field which left my seats available. Yes in MHO F/row UD seats are the best seats in the house except for maybe F/row mezz seat which I never sat in nor sampled.

I to was suprised by how many pre SB3 STHers remained but I was more shocked by the amount of STHers that dropped out entirely that allow seniority like urs to obtain seats especially after the huge spike in STHers beginning with the 85 season.

As for sticking with them all this time I do not know if it is just plain block headness or stupidity but since I am out of pocket zero dollars it is really actually no skin off my back now.

I look at U & are amazed that U & other STHers still hang in there with all the money U have spent attending there games thru the years & in reality have gotten nothing in return for ur money but disappointment year after year

BTW my son says there is a glass partition between the 1st 4 rows of the UD & the remainder of the UD as well

Happy Holiday's to U as well!

13. Section 227. Row 5

Happy Holidays to you too, Champ.

Yes, I've spent a lot of money on my 4 Mezz seats over the years (will be spending less now), but you are wrong about "getting nothing in return but disappointment year after year."

True, we never made the SB again, but I have had TONS of fun at the games and gotten so much more out of it than most people do who maybe just look at it as failing years and huge disappointment. My family are Jets fans and we've had some great times in the parking lot and at the games. I've taken relatives many times and we've made a day of it.

Now I have 4 grandchildren and the only reason I'm hanging around with these tickets now is to introduce them to going to some games also. My daughter had a baby boy and my son's wife had a baby girl and they are both one now (the latest editions), so, of course, they will have Jets outfits under the tree this year for the first time. I have enough seats and live close enough that we will be able to take them and anyone else for even more fun. The tickets are now in my son's name (transferred in January). so they will be in the family for a long time should they decide to carry on.

So yeah, while it's been terribly disappointing to me personally that we haven't won the VLT, my grandkids will not even know the difference as we introduce them to the new stadium and once again start tailgating with a whole new generation of Jets fans in the family.

Damn you, Woody Johnson.

14. Section 227. Row 5

A lot of guys who've been going for that very, very long time just dropped this year... that was the thing that amazed me the modt. Look at all the empty 2009 seats the Jets are trying to peddle now (practically giving them away with military discounts, etc.).

So I was most shocked that guys are just walking away, even guys who could have gotten into the Uppers still. I think it's mostly the economy, coupled with the ticket prices, which are pretty steep despite the economy, but it's also lousier seating as well. All three factors caused massive defections this spring.

Take a guy who was used to sitting near the 50 in the Lower deck, maybe Row 16 or so, maybe he's under cover with nice views of the field. But his seniority is 1990 or so. Now the Jets are telling him he's got to:

1) Move to the Upper Corner in Row 21
    2) Be exposed to the elements
    3) Pay more for his seats

The triple whammy was too much for many guys, plus the principle of the thing. The Jets never took into consdieration his current location, ONLY his seniority. There should have been a 50-50 balance of that consideration, priced the whole thing better, and the Jets would have filled more seats instead of had massive defections out of the stadium altogether. Really piss-poor judgement by Woody Johnson... totally off the mark... and now he's paying the price for it.

I think this stadium will be very far from being sold out in 2010, at least the Jets games will be. Then what are they going to do? More smoke and mirrors, I guess, or face a blackout. Ridiculous.

15. championjets69

Well I am sort of a ROI guy & for sure at least IMHO Woody's side & before him Hess has not lived up to there end of the deal.

If U take the 10 years that Woody has owned the team & say that ur per seat average was $75.00 per year per seat U have given Woody 30 Gs & got zippo/nothing back from him for the 10 years he owned the team

I know if that was me I would have also gone route of all those STHers who decided to chuck it in since to me to spend 30Gs on my G/children is far, far more important then making a billionaire richer. I know all about the "family" thingy U mentioned having taken my son to the games from the time he was 7 in 78 until I left for FLA in 95 & when my son decided to lease the tix out. My tix are also in my G/sons name who is all of 3 now so I also negated whatever effect the Woody no transfer rule whould have down the line.

Everyone feelings are different & so if U feel U got a good ROI on it then good for U. I OTH do not feel that I got a good ROI on the money I gave them until I moved to FLA. In fact just like I boycott J & J products now & before that & to this day Hess Oil because i feel both owners have give us the broomstick up the a$$ without any grease no less

16. Section 227. Row 5

I truly don't get the concern over "ROI," but that's the difference between you and me. I have real estate rentals for ROI... and I watch that like a hawk. I have other investments that I've made over the years... some good and some bad. But I've never once paid for a ticket invoice in all these years and thought, "Oh boy, what's going to be my ROI this year?"

The thought just never enters my mind... these are recreational football tickets we're talking about. That's all they are to me. If I want ROI, I certainly would put buying sporting events tickets at the very bottom of my list.

But I understand where you're coming from, I think. You're not talking about financial ROI, you're talking about emotional ROI. All the years and 30 Gs and no VLT, right? But with me, it's about the journey... going to the games and just having fun that day... and feeling realy good about it. Yeah, winning is nice too when it happens, but I'm not going to the parking lot saying, "Christ, is we don't win today, this whole day was a shitty idea becasue I won't get ROI on these tickets today."

17. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

18. MadBacker Prime

19. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

Has anyone negotiated the language in the PSL contract before signing?

20. championjets69

It is not only all those years & no VLT. It is using that money for far better things like making sure your successors have good education etc, etc, etc. Cruises, vacations, new cars so on & so forth I am sure U get the pix of where I am going

As for that game day thingy shucks U & or any other STHer could T/gate in there D/way or at park then watch HDTV & have no hassles etc. Now with the G/children ur family might enjoy that even more. All I am saying is giving that F--- Woody 1 penny for the product he has fielded up to this date is just like throwing money down the toilet & that is why I smile when I think about it because in all of his years of ownership he is has not gotten 1 penny of my money & that makes the cockles of my heart warm up every time I think about it