17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nice looking stadium, poor pricing

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Should have been stacked better and should have had an optional slider. I don't mind the height as much as the spread out way the seats are. They could still have all the cockamamie five-star shithouses they wanted and still had the seats stacked (and protected better) from the elements.

I might have gone for a reasonably priced PSL if that were the case, but the way it is now, screw it... I took the inexpensive route and we'll see how it goes. No commitments.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

from what i hear you cant stack anymore. but yet some of the seats are covered in the end zone mezz???

fuck woody

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There is a law about that now, they have to be set a certain amount back.

All new stadiums have to abide by this-

5. MadBacker Prime

Article about the new Browns stadium built in 97-

"The main reason for the greater distance of the upper deck from the field in the new stadium is simple: The building has no overhangs and no columns.

The upper deck could be brought closer to the field, if the designers supported the structure with columns. But columns would obstruct seats below.

"Columns within the seating bowl are unacceptable," HOK Architect Dennis Wellner declared flatly in a telephone interview last week.

Other factors also contribute to the increased distance. "Current [building] codes have additional requirements in terms of dimensions for exits, aisles and [seat] tread depth, which all push the stadium outward," Wellner said.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires significant seating areas for wheelchairs at every seating level, which pushes the size of the building. An increase in restrooms adds square footage. Two tiers of loges, sandwiched between the three tiers of outdoor seating, push the building higher.

All of those factors add up to a bigger building. The new stadium will be roughly 1.6 million square feet, or half again as large as the old Stadium.

Fans in the upper deck along the sidelines will feel the difference. But they wouldn't be much closer to the action in other new NFL stadiums.

HOK's drawings show that the sightline distances in the new Cleveland stadium will be roughly comparable with new NFL stadiums in Charlotte, N.C., and Tampa and Jacksonville, Fla., also designed by HOK. Cleveland wanted a new stadium that meets NFL standards, and that's what it's getting.

Fans in the 21,750 lower section seats in the new stadium should rejoice. They will be 65 feet from the 50-yard line, compared to 144 feet in the old Stadium.

The main reason for the gain is that the seating bowl is configured tightly around the football gridiron. The old Stadium, designed as a multipurpose facility, had seats that curved away from the gridiron at the 50-yard line.

Holders of club seats in the new stadium should also be pleased. The front row of the club section at the 50-yard line is 151 feet from the sideline in the new stadium, 15 feet closer than the upper deck section in the old Stadium.

From there up, the numbers aren't as good. The upper deck in the new stadium is roughly twice as high as the upper deck in the old Stadium. The front row of the section is 196 feet from the 50-yard sideline, as opposed to 166 feet in the old Stadium.

Fans in the upper and lower sections of the West end zone are all winners. The first row of field-level seats are 31 feet from the end line of the field, as compared with 89 feet in the old Stadium. The first row of upper deck seats in the West end zone is 125 feet from the field, 14 feet closer than in the old Stadium."

6. Section 227. Row 5

That explains it then. I've been wondering all these months, why the hell would anybody intentionally spread out a stadium like that?

It also explains no roof. The wider you get, the more expensive it is to build a roof with structural integrity.

Oh Woody, you stupid bastard. You should have let the Giants move out of this building and then make a deal with the state to move in and renovate it for your very own Jets stadium. The place is a wonderful place to watch a football game. You could have still had your other shit on the perimeter and the fans would come in droves.

7. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

There's no law that says stadiums can't have stacked seating bowls. Where did you hear this?

8. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I guess the people that designed our stadium didn't get that message.

9. MadBacker Prime

I think I mentioned this but not quite sure, but on the tour my rep told me the new stadium is twice the square footage of the older stadium.

Craziness- The thing is huge though, I can't see any walking traffic occurring in the new diggs.

10. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

Dude enough with the roof already!!!! Who wants to have the roof closed by the NFL in inclement weather? what kind of homefield do you people want? not to mention none of the commoners are gonna get Super Bowl tickets anyway.....I pull my hair out anytime i hear someone mention the stupid roof

11. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

Let's be honest with ourselves, as much as we'd all like it to happen - the chances are nil the Jets will even make the playoffs this year.

Next year will be a different story.
    Oh if only I had a dollar for every time I've told myself that.

12. MadBacker Prime

What about a Giant Umbrella, would that be okay with you??

Not giants as in NY, but as in a HUGE umbrella.

13. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

Jets Colts playoff game and its a blizzard outside.....oh whoops! thats right! there is a roof that will be closed by the league!!!!

Brilliant

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm with you, no roof. Especially now, we're about running and D, play outside.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Dude, your "stupid roof" would have brought in many other venues and helped defray costs, hence lowering your PSLs and ticket prices. As for "homefield advantage," what do you think?... somebody who plays for the Dolphins who was drafted out of Michigan State has never fucking played in cold weather?

Get real, "dude." Me thinks you're not really a season ticketholder here, but rather a Giants fan here to agititate. I understand the original mentality of the antiquated Maras and the Tischs.. that being being that "real men" don't play in domed stadiums. Well, fuck you. I'm 64 years old now, been going to games out at Shea since I was 24 and I'm sick and fucking tired of coming home from games sick and fucking tired after sitting in 20-degrees in the rain and sleet.

So take your holier-than-thou Giants hoity-toity mentality and shove it up your rosy red and blue, Giants adorned, silk pantied ass. The fact is a domed stadium would have attracted everything from horse shows to antique shows to monster truck shows to help offset the costs of the stadium, thus enabling real fans and loyal ticketholders (unlike yourself) to not have to pay through our asses for this single-purpose stadium.

Single purpose.... Get it?

No roof=Single purpose.

No roof=Higher costs per seat.

16. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Not sure if anyone saw this, but I stumbled across this the other day. It's the usual 3d seat viewer, but includes virtual tours of the clubs as well - very interesting. The east/west clubs look to be the nicest of the three IMO.

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_meadowlands/

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NOT SURE about Citifield,,but as far as this "stacked " thing goes--I guess no one told the people at the NEW Yankee stadium about these rules as there are seats that are COVERED there.

18. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

"Dude, your "stupid roof" would have brought in many other venues and helped defray costs, hence lowering your PSLs and ticket prices."

If you think they would have lowered PSL prices you are on drugs. PSL prices would have been HIGHER because the roof was an extra 300 million!

"As for "homefield advantage," what do you think?... somebody who plays for the Dolphins who was drafted out of Michigan State has never fucking played in cold weather?"

I know the Jets don't go to the playoffs often but homefield advantage in weather that visiting teams aren't used to playing in is a huge advantage. Yea those Dolphins players sure did fare well all those times they went to Buffalo late in the season and S'd the bed

Get real, "dude." Me thinks you're not really a season ticketholder here, but rather a Giants fan here to agititate.

Got me there. I hate the Jets but the real reason I am here is to find out info on the new "Meadowlands (always will be Giants) Stadium" because you guys have a lot of info.

"I understand the original mentality of the antiquated Maras and the Tischs.. that being being that "real men" don't play in domed stadiums. Well, fuck you. I'm 64 years old now, been going to games out at Shea since I was 24 and I'm sick and fucking tired of coming home from games sick and fucking tired after sitting in 20-degrees in the rain and sleet."

Who cares about the Tisch's....yes Wellington and his family built football on playing outdoors. Ill be damned if the Ny Football Giants play a January playoff game in a dome!

"So take your holier-than-thou Giants hoity-toity mentality and shove it up your rosy red and blue, Giants adorned, silk pantied ass. The fact is a domed stadium would have attracted everything from horse shows to antique shows to monster truck shows to help offset the costs of the stadium, thus enabling real fans and loyal ticketholders (unlike yourself) to not have to pay through our asses for this single-purpose stadium."

I guess the 5 Bon Jovi sold out shows with 80,000+ does nothing to bring those costs down lol!!!!!! You must be delusional to think a horse show, a Final Four, and a Super Bowl every 8 years would have done anything to lower our season tickets. Its laughable.....In case you don't open a newspaper I'll clue your 64 year old, its to cold out arse in on something....they have scheduled lacrosse, big college football games, and major concert acts to the venue and will be using it almost year round. Keep holding your breath for that ticket price cut.

Oh, and I am a section 111 row 32 season ticket holder since 76.

Go Jints!

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

So who else wants to steal a piece of the old stadium after the last game?

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Personally I have not the sligthest care in the world if my tenants do not use the seats. All I care about is that there money is in my hands so I can pay the tab to the Woody. If U use my seats I certainly hope U enjoy them to fullest. Since they are front row UD seats do not forget to bring a banner expressing your feelings of both our owner & his PSLs & hang it proudly please.Thanks

#4560 championjets69, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009