POSSIBLE Snowstorm Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You might not want to make him learn in the 3 most important games of the season when he isn't 100%... those 2 things together are a bit too much to handle right now.

Sure, playing KC isn't getting me excited either but...

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If it doesn't kill him, it will make him stronger..

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about his death.. I'm worried about our playoff hopes death!

4. Drew

Drew Active Member

I was one of them. I was so unhappy but I stuck through it until the Jets punted on 4th down in the 4th quarter. At that point, there was no reason to stay. They were playing to get out of there.

5. Cman68

Think long term compadre. Its time for Sanchez to take off the diapers and man_up. That's why he practiced without sleeves. He knows he's gonna have to deal with the elements here sooner or later.

If he can't play in the winter weather, it won't matter if we make the playoffs or not as he won't be successful. We drafted a SoCal kid and now that it's winter in the NE, the kid has to learn how to play in it. Looking ahead, its better we find out now about how he deals with the elements. Its better for the Kid too as he'll know what he needs to work on going forward.

By "death", I meant his career with us or any other NFL team not based in warm weather states.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It has nothing to do with whether or not he can play in weather or not. It has to do with the fact that both of his knees are going to be in braces. You don't put a QB (or any player) on the field in double braces in slippery weather. That's just asking to lose the game, because he can't move around enough to do anything else and also to lose the player for good because one of his knees gets blown out.

This is just a silly conversation. It's not like Sanchez in braces does anything for us in bad weather that Clemens couldn't do just fine anyway.

7. Cman68

If that's the case B'way, then Woody should have built a dome. This has everything to do with playing in the elements. What do you do? Only start him between Sept and November then give him the rest of the season off? Only play him in domes? How about playing him only against warm weather opponents on the road between November and January..

Cmon man. You know better than that.. Nothing silly about this. Let see what the kid can do in winter. If he can't play in the winter in the NE, then we got an entirely different set of issues..

Then again, perhaps you're right. Maybe we don't play Sanchez in the Rain, the Snow, in temperatures below 45 degrees, on cloudy days....

#27 Cman68, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If we don't make the playoffs, this will be learning experience for him. We cannot keep holding Sanchez out. Every coming out, from the Jets and the beat writers, is that Sanchez's new brace is a precautionary measure, not a necessary one. The kid better play.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If you are playing in a snowstorm you should be running just about every play especially since you are going up against one of the worst defenses in the league.
    Let Sanchez rest for Indy and Cinn

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You know that's what he's ALWAYS thinking.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he called 35 passes in the seattle snow last year, so 50 wouldn't shock me since he's at home.

12. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

somebody call matt jones.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Update...nam model...which is a us model for shorter range just came out..and its showing a near blizzard for the baltimore area...ravens/bears. I will know in about 10 minutes if this continues north to east rutherford.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Actually you can be very effective throwing in the snow. Its sometimes easier to throw than it is to run.

15. jaywayne12

I will tell you this..bet the under in the ravens/bears game.

16. jaywayne12

storm grazes the city and leaves just decent snow to the west of the city. Plenty of time to change..but areas south of nyc get a pretty huge snowstorm.

Ok...back to football. I would take crappy weather over good weather when playing a dome team...having the number 1 ranked rushing team in the nfl...and a very good defense any time...regardless of who the qb is.

This what the team was built for...run the ball and good defense wins games in December and January.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Snow Storm? Lets have Brad Smith start as QB. lol.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Excellent point. It's very hard for DB's to break on the ball in the snow, whereas the receiver knows where he's going. Brady was throwing it all over the place in that snow game this year.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Ive seen it before in the snow the receivers have an advantage as long as they don't slip and the ball is there for them. It can be very effective. Especially against a dome team that will not be used to playing in the elements.

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

haha i was a row back of the where the deck above grabs the rain and drags down in that game, worked out great