Does anyone else think the Revis Christ thing is a little much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My wife's family lives in GA and they are super-religious bible-belters down there. I mean, they're in church every single day. Really serious stuff.

So they're up visiting my mother-in-law in Mineola and we go over to see them. And they start talking about Christ and all at the dinner table and my wife basically tells them what you are saying above, because that's also the way we feel.

So my sister-in-law says, well, "It doesn't matter how you believe in Him, as long as you have Jesus Christ in your heart!" So I'm looking at my wife and we're both thinking the same thing: I guess that means that all Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists are pretty well fucking screwed!

2. ........

........ Trolls

I'm thinking that if anyone doesn't wish to associate themselves with Christianity in a tangential fashion such as this one, we should have a cult option.

The almighty cult of Revis Gate will now gather to await the return of the comet Darrelle Bopp, which will signal the ascension of all souls and, in all likelihood, a Jets Superbowl at last. Of course, it's not scheduled to return until 4390, so we're all screwed.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

simply put........NO!

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Man this stuff is just hilarious....I can't stop laughing.

5. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Actually, your wrong. Jesus said himself, I do not bring peace, I bring a sword. And he also stated that every word of the scripture should be taken literally, Old Testament included. In other words, my mom shoulda killed me along time ago for being an atheist.

Many Christians believe that Jesus did away with all this barbarism in the clearest terms imaginable and delivered a doctrine of pure love and toleration. He didn't. In fact, at several points in the New Testament, Jesus can be read to endorse the entirety of Old Testament law.
    For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall he called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    ---MATTHEW 5:18-19

:up:

6. ........

........ Trolls

Not to mention all those people who haven't even had an opportunity to hear about Christ. I always hated that idea that the man was more important than the ideals to salvation. It's just as screwy and unjust as Calvinist predestination. Of course, the earliest New Testament, in Greek, didn't make any claims that Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven. That was a later translation.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Catholic or Mormon??

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well...I'm fucked then......

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Pass the Kool Aid.....

10. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

In all fairness Revis' ability can only be a gift from God. If he does not get defensive player of the year I'll be shocked.

11. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Whatcha mean?

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Your faith, what religion your are-

13. ........

........ Trolls

No, YOU are wrong. Again, it's a problem with translation, one of the main reasons why you can't take the Bible literally. You left out the key verse before that in which he states that he's not here to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. In the original Greek, he says that he's not here to "remove the purpose" of the law, but to fulfill the law. There are other references to the fact that it can only be fulfilled (not destroyed, but achieved its purpose) by the ultimate sacrifice, which Christ then provides with his crucifixion. The Old Law falls into two categories: identification of sin and punishment of sin. Christ fulfills the punishment of sin in his death. You're safe from stoning.

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

yah it's a little much.. I mean come on.. And this shit above just guaranteed Jesus will come before we win anything good jinx.. Guaranteed..

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

There's no way he would win it over Sharper with all the picks and runbacks Sharper has. Chicks dig the runbacks.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Is that related to the bit where they shave off his mane and the stone table cracks?

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Couple things:

1) I hope no one is actually offended about my former problem with people named Hey-Zeus. I did say it was when I was a kid. I also believed back then that homosexuals could "infect" you with their "gayness" and that Santa Claus was real. I was just framing my argument by mentioning it.

2) To everyone with their Bible quotes and such, Jesus hearkened a new era if you believe correctly. He invalidated the 10 Commandments and replaced them all with just two: 1) Love and respect God, and 2) Treat every other person as you would have them treat you.

Anyway, Revis obviously doesn't want his heathen opponents to follow his Law. I'm sure the Savior Revis would hate to be anally raped the way he does to opposing WRs.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I guy can't give his opinion?

I don't find it offensive and I'm Christian. I like Family Guy and they do much worse with their portrayals of religion.

Of course, this is coming from the guy who said that Reggie Hodges had a hard on for God (which he does) and got killed for it....

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

do you not know how to read? or do you just dislike me and therefore dont think before you decide to come after me? i actually love posting here and have enjoyed it since you were probably in junior high school. i dont enjoy the immaturity that has taken over this place in the last few years.

i stated my opinion and then followed with the fact that this place used to be somewhere to come talk about football. it has grown larger and therefore there are alot more people on it. it just so happens that kids usually spend more time on here and form their little clicks and get together and act like douchebags.

that is what happened over the last few years. back years ago if you said something out of line to someone you got a warning quick and were told that you do it again you are gone. i just dont think that it is happening anymore.

and what will happen is the guys who actually know something about football and the history of the jets will just stop coming here and it will be 500 kids running around with no pants on.

the revis christ thing was asked, people answered, it should end at that or a discussion should be had. i really have far less of a problem with everyone getting down and bowing to revis christ than i do to the absolutely childish replies to those who said they didnt like it.

you all ganged up and started throwing rocks at the few guys who answered the question in a way YOU didnt like.

i would hope that petro and the rest of the mods can calm this place down before nobody over 15 years old or with more than a high school education comes here. the bullshit forum has definitely leaked out onto the main board as it usually does on forums.

its nice to know i have a leader for my fanclub though.

#239 alleycat9, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think Sharper might get it...on account of all the TDs he returned for TDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.