Does anyone else think the Revis Christ thing is a little much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's only distasteful if you believe in the invisible man.

Me? I find "Dirty Sanchez" to be worse because Kids will be saying it and IMO having a kid find out what a dirty sanchez is is waaaay worse than giving Revis a name of a cute story figure that says he has super powers.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I think he should be all things to all people.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this thread is awesome

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

As a christian...I could give two shits about the Revis name. I like to think my God has a great sense of humor. But I am always curious when I read a post like this one.

So you say most people...fucking hypocrites...what fucking percentage do you think that fucking is? Have you come up with a true fucking number?

Perhaps all people are sinners but those that follow religion are the true sinners because they have standards...but sin anyway right? Those fucks. Those no good fucks pretend to believe in religion...and tell you what to do...but they fuck and suck and screw anything they can get their sleazy fucking hands on right?

And I know all about those fucks that take the bible literally too, as you so brilliantly mention. Every night on the way home I pass a neighborhood stoning..fucking whores.

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Ya, I think its a little distasteful. Havent been a real fan of it. I like the island one though.

All that said... the guy doesnt need a nickname. Hes that good...

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

As a Christian, do you say fuck that many times in church? :breakdance:

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

My father is a hardcore Christian such as yourself, he loves Dennis Byrd too, probably for a lot of the same reasons. They went to the same church for a while and on a few retreats.

I've yelled out praise be to Revis Christ a few times in his presence and he wasn't to fond of it either. In the end he knew it was a joke-

In Revis name I post, Amen.

8. jaywayne12

Thats called sarcasm fucks. I cant help you out more then that. If you need me to explain in more detail..I would gladly fucking do it.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, now we'll make him a down home-y homeboy:

Repeat after me:

Yo Bro, who hang in heaven,
    You be da man!
    Thy kingdom mutha-fuckin' come.
    Yo shit be done,
    On earth as it is in heaven. Know um sayin'?
    Give us this day our daily bread, like "show me da money" bread,
    And forgive us our mo-fo practice trespasses,
    Like Rhodes sayin' we be in practice chillin'
    And lead us not into temptation,
    Like wha's wrong wit dat mo-fo Tiger, he got fine white bitch he be bangin'?
    For thine is the kingdom,
    and da mutha-fuckin' power, and the bitch-slappin' glory,
    fo eva and eva.
    Amen

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fuck that.......you goin to fuckin mass Sunday or what the fuck?

11. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

My respect for religion went up with the smoke of September 11.

That being said, if our league has a Satan (Belichick), it must have its savior. All hail, Revis Christ.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I admit it bugged me at first a little bit. Like people named Jesus irritated me as a kid. In the end though, it's just a name.

13. jaywayne12

:lol:

Good one. My point to Mr Hoi was...go to hell. Dont label christians or as he put it Most people following religion are total fucking hypocrites.

They are not hypocrites..they are fucking hypocrites..the really dirty kind of hypocrite that Mr Hoi. would never associate with.

Mr Hoi then goes on to say...in what might get him a nobel peace price.....Its like people who take the bible literally than you mention to them that the bible says its ok to stone your wife if she cheats on you.

How many religious people have been caught off guard with that one huh?

As I mentioned...I could give two craps about the Revis Christ stuff...I surely do not need Mr. Hoi taking advantage of the situation..stating he has caught many a religious person drooling with his wise "stoning" reference.

14. ........

........ Trolls

That's funny. My mother is probably the biggest embodiment of everything a Christian is supposed to be, goes on regular mission trips with her small group, gives 25% of her income to charity, and attends Church every Sunday, and she finds the name amusing as a pun. Hilarious, in fact.

As far as God having a sense of humor, have you ever seen a platypus? I tend to believe that the only rules that truly matter are the ones that pertain to how we treat each other. I very much doubt our name for God makes a whole lot of difference.

Oh, and to the people dropping the stoning laws, etc, search for them in the New Testament. Most people believe that Christ's arrival was the fulfillment of prophecy and the end of the old laws. It's why he taught us to pray and worship in an entirely new way.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I'm not getting into all of that, just having some fun with the topic. You do what you do, not my business.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Oh man, that's DOUBLY offensive. Not only are they calling themselves Jesus every time they write, but when you say the name, you're pretending to have much too informal of a relationship with the Greek king of the Gods. I mean, "Hey, Zeus!" Who the fuck do they think they are?

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

They didn't choose their own names, presumably. Besides, look at the Muslim world, almost everyone is called after Mohammed. It's probably not at all disrespectful.

18. jaywayne12

Thanks...I would never think to drag anyone into such a mess. Dont sweat it..your safe.

AND IR....Your mom has it right. My mom is on the same page..and if I ever mentioned this to her...I know she would crack up laughing.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!11111

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree 100%, it's all in good fun. It's not like we are actually starting a church and adding the "Newer" Testament, the Revis Chronicles.

The Bible is a very old book to say the least, and must be interpreted into todays society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.