Dragon Age: Origins

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ButtleMan, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Anyone else playing this awesome game? I am playing PS3
    I created a Daleish Elf - Rogue and am playing on hard mode so that there can be friendly fire damage and is a bit challanging. I have perished a couple times.
    Just finished the Ostregan saga and up to level 6.
    I hope that I can go back to the Kociari (sp?) Forest since their were some quests that I didnt finish.

Great graphics, great gameplay and fantastic cut scenes.
    It looks so much like Never Winter Nights but is much better.
    The 2 downloads I received with the game were the Stone Prisoner and a unlock for the dragon blood armor.

Put your notes or thoughts in this thread.

2. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

yeah I am playing it as we speak for the 360, a very good game, I was level 12 but had to start all over after I finally got my gold membership hooked up. i'll change up how I start to make things easier for myself

Initial thought the companion quests for Morrigan and Leliana are a big ass pain to try to complete

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I am playing it sparingly.

I love it though.

Who are the main party members you use?

Right now it's my character, the rogue assassin, the Golem (from the downloadable content), and Allistair.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably my character, Wynne, Leliana/Morrigan, Alistair/Dog

5. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I just got Wynne and she is mandatory to use in the Tower of the Magi so right now my party is me (rogue Elf), Wynne, Alistar and Sven.
    Alistar is pretty weak at this point but I dont want to add Morrigan since that would be 2 Magi.
    I might switch him out for Leilana. The dog might actually do better than Alistar at this point.

6. 624

624 Banned

I'm getting the PC version for christmas, I hear the PC version is a lot better then the 360/PS3. (I have a 360)

7. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Ok, here is a thing that pissed me off and I'm sure that I will see more of it as I play.
    Its the pimping of downloadable content while playing. I went up to a NPC and he's telling me his misery and wants me to help but in order to help, I would have to purchase this downloadable content.
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Its bad enough the prices of these games are so high, but then they have quests that they didnt include in the game and want you to pay an additional price for it.
    Its just not right but it's a good thing that this game is so kick ass and has plenty of game play that it wont matter and I will be content with the game as is.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What I found out is that Wynne is basically mandatory at this point since she is such a great healer, also Morrigan's shapeshifting abilities are god awful every time I try to use them in a tough spot the character gets slaughtered, she is a great offensive mage but that specialization stinks.

Also as I put a point in Coersion it is a much handier ability than I initially thought

Currently I am in Lothering

9. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

dragon age is amazing im using my warrior level 15 right now, golem level 15, morrigan level 16, and ogren level 15. Im a dwarf and i just went back to my hometown. This game is crazy long with so much to do.

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I managed to get near max relations with Morrigan and Sten, the attribute raises are massive

11. 624

624 Banned

Ahh I can't wait for this game, I love games like this where you level up and shit.

12. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I got my ass kicked over and over the other night.
    Im in the Tower of the Magi and there are a couple of rooms that I cant get passed. This Demon Desire just crushes my team.
    I avoided them but am now in The Fade.
    Has anyone figured out how to make Wynne revive fallen characters? I looked for it in her tactics but there is no option for a party member who has fallen.

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Beat the game as human warrior with dog, wynne and leliana, played it on "medium" (no friendly fire).

Started another game as female elf mage. Playing with zevran, alister and sten. I've already banged alister and zevran, so all things considered, it's going well. Ramped it up to hard on this one. My next playthrough will probably be elf rogue.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I'm getting through it with my human noble warrior with sword and shield, sten, leliana and wynne who's awesome for healing.

Great game, but it could have been amazing with a little more detail in the world, such as more towns, better stories, and much better characters. Oblivion is still better just because of the scope of the world, characters and quests.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

She comes with a revive spell usually I just take over her instead of relying on the tactics to revive characters, just make sure she has mana for it she loves using Arcane Bolt, I just got through the Tower of Magi and now doing Redcliffe Castle, my main group has been dual wielding human warrior, Wynne, Leliana and Sten, so far I have to say that I've been kicking ass pretty well compared to my first go around, i've only completely died once during the Zevran ambush

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anybody stuck in a love triangle, lol

17. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I am getting my ass kicked by the Sloth Demon in the Fade. He re-generates at least 5 times that I can see.
    I have got to find a way to kill him.
    Do not do the Circle of the Magi first!

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I always do the Circle of the Magi first because of the permanent stat bonuses the fade gives you, I struggled at first too, this latest game I had a pretty easy time with it although I am playing on Normal so it may have slight differences

19. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Goddamit, I got the game a couple of days ago so obviously the first goal is to get into Morrigan's pants. I went into that Broken Circle quest and as soon as I act like a dick to impress that slurry goth Wynne tries to kill me.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One thing about Morrigan is that she is horrible to be in your group for most dialogue, anything that shows even an ounce of humanity even if it is really beneficial to the group will still give her a hit on her relations bar, gifts and completing her companion quest will have it easy enough to nail her, the key is to take the hit anyway since she is easy to begin with