Does anyone else think the Revis Christ thing is a little much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

I find it highly offensive.

2. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

This topic/complaint doesn't deserve to be talked about. It's a nickname, Jesus Christ's name has been used with some many things. Anyone who finds this offensive really needs to stop taking themselves so seriously, come on guys.

3. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Jetsfan11
    @Revis24 yo what up. A bunch of Jet fans have this wbsite and we call you "Revis Christ" on it. Does that offend you? Sum people think so.
    less than 5 seconds ago from web
    I'll get back with an answer

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He asked us a question, he is not getting a petition going to have it banned.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's just a play on the name. It is, and was never intended to take away from the religious aspect of Jesus Christ, and never to offend anyone.

I will continue to call him Revis Christ, because it's a great nickname, and the 'Midnight Service' thread is full of all kinds of win.

6. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

As a Jew, I believe that Revis Christ is the first coming of the messiah.

7. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

I don't see it as taking myself too seriously. As a follower of Jesus Christ I find using his name or any play on His name in this way as disrespect. Some things are sacred. Some things are to be held in a higher esteem. Not everything is a joke. Obviously if I didn't believe Jesus Christ is the savior of the world I probably wouldn't care much.

8. GreenMachine

At the Bucs game, every play he made we yelled" all hail Revis" The best part was this dude dressed like a priest.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Jesus's last name is not christ. That may be where you are going astray.

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/christ/full-etymology.html

Maybe if we called him Darrelle of Nazareth you'd have something.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Some of your best stuff right here.

11. firemanedjr

Grow a pair. What's in any way offensive about a simple joke? You think God's gonna smite us all?

12. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

Really bro? Is there nothing in your life that you care enough about that a joke would just not be funny? Your wife/daughter/mom?

13. firemanedjr

My mom's dead, and I'm too young to be married/have kids. If anyone made a joke about that, I wouldn't get offended, and if it was funny enough, I'd probably laugh right along with 'em. Seriously, Mr. E has been pestering me for months and I joke right along with him. There's nothing anybody should care about enough to not be able to joke about it. I'm Jewish, and I tell the best Jew jokes you'll have ever heard.

Here you go: these are all awful, horrendously abhorrent jokes, and I pity anyone who takes them as serious, but you're lying if you're not laughing at half of these.

#53 firemanedjr, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  14. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

The play on the name/title is just offensive bro. Calling a football player the Messiah just isn't funny or cool to me. I didn't start the thread, but someone asked so I answered.

15. DennisByrd

DennisByrd New Member

Just a difference of opinion I suppose. I believe that there are plenty of things that people should care enough about that the thought of joking about them wouldn't even be a possibility.

16. firemanedjr

Why? That's what I don't get, it's not like joking around about something means you can appreciate it any less?

17. GreenMachine

What about all those Latino guys named Jesus?

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You guys are going to do what you want to do, but it is distasteful to a lot of posters on this board. I find it very wrong personally, but I haven't said anything because everyone has freewill.

It is fucking dumb to tell someone to grow a pair towards the beliefs they have. Just because it is a joke to a lot of members on this board, doesn't mean everyone shares that same view.

What makes you so sure God wont smite those that dis-credit the savior of our race?

I personally think this is way to much and should be removed from the equation. It is offensive to many, that should be enough. We are here to talk about our team and the players on it. We are not here to appoint anyone "Christ", nickname or not. Religon is a very sensitive topic and that should not be brought into this equation at all. Period.

Everyone has a right to believe in what they want to believe in and that should be respected and considered. Regardless of what you believe.

That's my opinion, and this will be the only thread I post on this issue. I will stick to football from here on out.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

just tweak the spelling.....

revus kryst

jil

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Somebody just got Revis'D. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.