Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

To be fair, Mike's praised Revis all season. I've heard him say more than once that Revis is a lock first-team all-pro.

2. Carl Spacklers Grass

YES Network is replaying the interview now. A pretty innocuous (google it) interview on behalf of Mike. He went after Girardi with harder questions when the Yankees were cruising through the regular season.

Shows how cowardly Mike can be considering that on his show after the Jacksonville loss Francessa said something along the lines of "This town doesn't tolerate someone who talks big and can't back it up.... this guy is a joke" mostly aimed at Scott but he lumped Rex into that bashing as well.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

he is a pussy and always has been a pussy. he talks big when its him versus callers and he can cut them off at will. As soon as Rex Ryan gets in his grill just a bit mikey melts and runs away. Same Old Francessa (SOF).

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah but when we all knew The Revis was doing this last year, Fat Man was up in arms about Revis getting any accolades because he thought he wasn't good enough in his godly opinion. Now he blows the all might daily, like the rest of the national media.

On a slightly related subject: During the draft coverage last year, it was either Dukes or Mayock on NFL Network who compared rookie Max Unger to Nick Mangold. I thought that was pretty cool. Jets players finally being used as an example to what a rookie may blossom into during his career.

5. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

You mean the same assclown who had stated that Corey Webster was a legitimite shutdown Corner but Revis wasn't . Let's call it like it is - Francessa is a Giants fan who loves Parcells . He loves to hate on the Jets and Jet fans. How he still has a major slot on a big city radio network continues to befuddle me.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

nice to hear the jets getting pub. revis too....can't hurt his pro bowl run.

i have a man crush on rex!

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Apparently, he and Parcells had a bit of a falling out years ago.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is true. Mike said that live on the air when Parcells showed up on mad dogs show before the superbowl last year.

9. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

My fav. part was when he said" Some people scoffed when you said after you were hired that Revis was the best corner in the NFL? Well, he is!" Mike 2 weeks ago you said he would have trouble with Owens, annnd YOU were the guy who scoffed when he said that. Just fess up when you say these things and we'd have more respect for you.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Got it out of Francesa...Good enough.

I don't care if its "Another Francesa thread" I'm on my phone and can't search the other thread, so feel free to merge.

But I called that slob and told him the Jets now have the #1 scoring D and #1 D in yards allowed. And said how he looked annoyed Friday when Rex kept praising his D on Friday.

So he tried to squirm in and I said "Mike, point blank, are the Jets a Top 5 defense."

He goes "mmm hmmmm....yes." Then the whale handwaves me and brings up the 2nd Pats game, 1st Miami game, and couldn't stop Jacksonville at the end."

But whatever...Foot in mouth Mike.

11. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

That was you? Yea I heard that. Good job man :beer:

He backtracked saying that there's a lot of bad teams this year so yes he might have to consider the Jets a top 5 D.

He's a fat mess...that is..when he's not taking calls about how awful the Mets are and Mets fans wanting to jump of the Tri. Then he's just awesome.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You should have mentioned that the Giants gave up twice as many points to the Eagles last night as the Jets have given up in their past 3 games combined.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he's right to bring those up. Our D has played like a top D MOST of the season but if we fall a game short giving the game away at Miami or vs. jax will likely be the reason.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And he's half right. Statistically it's true, but we have not been solid when we could have stopped teams on their last drive...
    (except the first Miami game....80 degrees at gametime when it's 60 here you have to expect a letdown...)

But where we would we be right now, with any two of those three games....

(it's also outright douchebaggery when your whole point rests on two division games, where
    ANYTHING can happen)

#994 Hobbes3259, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  15. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

What a great stat.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

So you're saying in order for our statistical ranking to be valid, the D needs to play that way 100% of the games played?

Please identify one team or player in the NFL who is perfect every week without exception?

17. Hobbes3259

LOL...GMTA

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Even if you subtract the 14 they gave up on that punt return and fumble return it's still less than

19. Hobbes3259

Tell me...If we are up 6 with 1:35 to go next week...are you going to feel like..

My Top 5 Defense is keeping me in the playoff hunt...

or...

$#!T...Mia, jax...here we go again.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

You put that whaleshark in his place. An its more like Hoagie in Mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.