Colts will be 'playing ball'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

So, it looks like the Colts will be playing their players (unless there are health issues) at least for week 13. If they beat Jacksonville it will give us an edge as long as we keep winning. However, if they win they will likely go into Week 15 against us with the same philosophy. So, as of now, the Colts playing their guys is a win/lose for us. It will all be a moot point if we lose to Atlanta this weekend.

2. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

So what? I know it's all about making the playoffs, but we're gonna have to beat the Colts! We match up well against a pass first Indy team. Our offense has to get into a rhythm and the defense has to play like it did against New Orleans and every team since the second half of New England. I have a feeling if Jacksonville and the Ravens/Dolphins lose next week and we win, this team will be major hyped up for the Colts.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The NYJ should prepare for Indy (when the time comes) as if Indy will be playing their starters. We can't expect any favors or charity.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Well, it depends for how long.

Manning playing an entire game against the Jags could actually beat them. But the Jags are going to be playing their asses off because they need every win they can get.

It'll be an interesting turn of events. If the Jags lose, I think the Colts will be that much more lackadaisical against the Jets, even though there at home. The Colts-Jets game is the hardest one to win. We all can't think we are playing Curtis Painter for 3 quarters until its announced by the Colts. We all have to think the Jets are going up against Manning and crew. They are a much better team.

Take nothing for granted for these next 4 games. But root your ass off for our guys. They can do it, because its been done before.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I hope the team isn't looking past the Falcons. The Falcons have a ton of talent and are still a tough out. I think we can beat them but it won't be easy. Defense needs to step up big time and as much as our running game is working, we need to attack Atlanta's weak secondary.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this team isn't looking past anyone.

they know they can't afford to do that. And I think they've learned their lesson from the middle of the season.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ryan should prepare his team as if they will be playing Indy's starters. If they don't play their starters, awesome!

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I would love for the Colts to sit their players because you have to get there first. However, there are a couple things.
    1. I would love for the Jets to ruin the Colts perfect season with their starters in.
    2. If the Jets finish 6th, and manage to win in round 1, guess who they'll play? The Colts.

To be the man!! Wooo!! You gotta beat the man!!

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they'll play the Pats or, and I want this to happen, the Fins in round 1. The Colts will have 1st round bye. then they play the Colts at home against an extremely well rested Colt team... but, the Colts are sometimes flat when they rest everyone from here on out in the playoffs. So a hungry and hot Jets team would actually have a chance. However, rookie QB in the playoffs on the road don't do that well.

10. Murrell2878

So what? We still need Jacksonville to lose one more game because we foolishly lost to them. Having them play a full Colts squad will increase the chances that they lose to them. If we don't win, it doesn't matter anyways.

11. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Who cares who they play. Let them play all their starters, if we can't beat the COlts starters then whats' the point of going to the playoffs anyway?

12. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I'm not a fool and I know we're not favored but we HAVE what it takes to beat them. This game will be about going out like warriors. I want to see our boys go in there and play smash mouth hard football damn it! I want to see LIGHTS OUT defence and I want to see our QB not lose the game with turn overs. I love the running back triad we have right now. Jones-Greene-Woodhead wear down that D-line and bust through. I don't care about the playoffs and I'm already looking forward to next season but lets show our opponents the Jets are for real BITCHES!

13. greaser

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

/head explodes.

15. Murrell2878

First we still need Jacksonville to lose, so them playing their starters is a great opportunity for that to happen this week. Second, I want to get to the playoffs. If you don't understand why that's important than it's pointless to explain it to you. I think we can beat Indy. However, I think it would be unlikely going against their starters in Indy.

16. greaser

Probably what he means is the same thing Rex said. Not even talking about the playoffs right now lets just take it one game at a time.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

:rofl:

the way it looks really is that way.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

hell the last time we played payten manning and the colts at full strength, in the playoffs no less, we STOMPED them 44-3.

payten will be so confused i fully expect him to line up under the tight end.

19. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Couple of things, we beat them 41-0 in the 2002 playoffs. We have played them since, the last time, we lost to them in a very very close game at home in 2006.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I like your thinking but are we playing that 4th game at home or away.