Chad Henne vs Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zor, Dec 14, 2009.

1. zor

zor New Member

almost end of the season and we've all had a chance to see the two QBs in action....

as QB, what are the traits YOU most associate with a "great QB" and how do these two QBs compare?

zor

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Traits I most associate with a "great QB"

Wins games.

Comparing the two QBs in question is silly. I'm happy with Sanchez. EOS.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I like Sanchez better, he seems to have better pocket movement/awareness, which keeps more plays alive. Once he figures out when not to try and over do that he will be better. Henne is good but kind of immobile, reminds me very much of Ken O'Brien--smart, tough and cccurate, but if his line or running game doesn't work he's a sitting duck. Just an early observation.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Do you WANT to go to the playoffs?

5. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Henne is in Year 2, Sanchez in Year 1. Henne had much more college experience, a year to sit on the sideline and learn his team's system and a brilliant football mind in Chad Pennington to teach him. Sanchez was thrown into the fire with little experience and no real safety net.

Henne's numbers are a little better, but I have little doubt that Sanchez's potential easily eclipses that of his counterpart.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe we can get a Lions fan to start a Stafford vs. Sanchez thread.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Indeed. Shanchez by comparison, on Opening day was 16 starts from his last high school game under center.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Take tylenol for the zorness

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I give the nod to Henne over Sanchez because of Dan Henning. Schottenheimer is not helpful to our QBs.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well, so far Sanchez has some moles on his face, but Henne's head looks like a huge, sideways vagina with his helmet on, so I will go with Sanchez at this point.

cough cough

11. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Great....end of story. lol!!!

12. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Thats funny cause I've seen some threads on FinHeaven where they say the exact opposite (about the offensive coordinators). It's always greener on the other side I suppose

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Perhaps. I loved Henning when he was with the Jets. Not every team can be the Colts.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They've both showed glimpses of what could be a very good rivalry for many years. From what I've seen so far Henne is a little bit more polished but that's to be expected considering he's been in the league for a full year prior to this year.

15. zor

zor New Member

funny shit. he started wearing a different helmet to help with the vagina wrinkle he's got going on.

to everyone else who's posting just to bitch, go fuck yourselves and skip this thread if it bothers you so much...nothing worse than someone who wastes everyone's time by posting completely irrelevenat comments.

chad henne and mark sanchez are franchise QBs....they're going to stay put with our teams for a long ass time and they're going to face off two times a year for many years. henne is a 2nd year player, yes, but he started his first game week 4 of this year......sanchez started this year......they're practically equal in NFL in-game experience. it's good to compare the two and see how the two are growing.

personally, i value accuracy in a QB... i think winning is a consequence of specific passer traits and accuracy is the more significant. one of the posters above mentioned Henne's immobile nature....and that he relies on the running game or he starts to resemble a sitting duck- this was a good observation and this was henne's m.o. at the beginning of the season. i have to admit that there is a solid line of progression where each week he is definitely doing better and better. yesterday's 17 straight completions was more proof of this trend. his reads are getting much faster and consequently his accuracy is improving. this is what i saw in sanchez at the beginning of the season and have noticed that he is beginning to get a bit wild-eyed and trying to make too much happen by forcing the ball into bad situations...why that is happening after starting so well confuses me. maybe you guys have more input on why sanchez appears to be digressing.

zor

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Perfectly said-

If we had Chad here this year to teach/guide Mark along and even sit out maybe. In 2010 Mark would've exploded all over the place like a Phin fan watching Dan's isotoner commercials.

#16 MadBacker Prime, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Zor!.....yeah.....what is it good for?.....absolutely nothing....sing it again, y'all.

18. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Undoubtedly Henne is the more polished QB at this point in his career. He started for 4 years at Michigan and has been in the Dolphins system for an extra year. Sanchez has started just 25 football games since high school, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. I don't think there is any doubt that Sanchez has a higher ceiling than Henne, but it's all about if he's gonna get there. If I wanted to win a game TODAY and I had to choose between the two of them, I'd take Henne.

19. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Wow that was a quick ban.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I fail to grasp your logic... Henne has the better coach, so he gets the Nod?

Wouldn't the guy operating with less help get the nod?

Henne has thrown more passes for less yards (higher comp %) and less big plays...

How does he get the nod?