The Original Cesspool

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Who contributes the most to this heap of shit thread?

1. Jtrain

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Tanknyc

22 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. firemanedjr

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. TurktheJetFan

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. I love Beer

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Is this the new trash talking forum?

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why wouldn't the be motivated? they are professionals who don't want to lose. I just don't grasp the fan insecurity that completely makes up scenarios that may hurt their team, like another team not being motivated and thus might hurt their chances. just stupid.

2. Sinq15

Sinq15 New Member

Are you implying that teams are as equally motivated to win every game, no matter the situation or opponent? That is simply not true and any athlete or true sports fan knows it.

I will correct my wording to "less" motivated for those who can't grasp my logical notion that the reigning superbowl champs potentially might not be as motivated to beat BAL now that they virtually have no shot at the playoffs.

P.S. If you read my post, you would have realized that I did think they would be motivated.

3. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Because we will almost definately need to have Pitt beat Baltimore. That would have been more likely if Pitt is motivated. Realistically, the Jets will need to go 10-6 with some help, to get in. Pitt could go 10-6 and it won't make a difference to the Jets because of conference records, if both wind up 10-6.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

absolutely they are equally motivated, even if their motivation isn't identical. one team can be motivated because the win is important to their playoff chances while the other team is motivated simply because they want to win for pride. whether we regard those motivations equally or not is irrelevant, and fans, who rely on mystical aspects like motivation because they aren't in control and thus are insecure about a team's reason to win if it seems meaningless to them (not the players) project that fear onto the players. that just isn't so.

are there players who are less motivated? of course. but that occurs on teams who are playing for the playoffs. but to say that attitude sweeps prevalently through a 53 man roster and coaching staff is just asinine and projects your own lack of control of the outcome onto the players.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Jets have as good a shot as anybody fighting for a playoff spot, the Jets have 2 winnable games coming up (@ Tampa then home against Atlanta who might be w/o Ryan and/or Turner) then face Indy and Cincy at the right time (both teams might be resting some starters for a half)

6. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

+1........

7. Sinq15

Sinq15 New Member

No one is saying anything about "relying on mystical aspects" or about insecurity except you.

So you are telling me that in week 17, a team (when I say team I mean accounting for the 53 man roster and coaching staff as a whole) that needs to win to go to the playoffs is playing a team that plays in the other conference and is on the road in -15 weather is going to be generally as motivated as the potential playoff team. Definitely not!!

I'm not saying that the team that needs to win to make the playoffs will win or that no one on the other team will be motivated, I'm just saying, my money, and the money of the majority of informed athletes/fans would be on them. It tilts the odds. Last time I checked, Vegas does pretty well. Football is played with emotion!

Stop reading books on the theory of motivation...this is sports man.

#207 Sinq15, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think FootballGod should bring back the avatar of his girlfriend's cottage cheese butt.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I usually agree with your posts but I think you're off here. If you've ever played football at a competitive level you know the difference between the motivation when something is on the line and when you're just getting those last couple of games of a lost season out of the way.

There's a reason the game speeds up in the playoffs. There is more on the line and everyone is flying around giving maximum effort.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I want a gift from Detroit this Sunday...

11. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I want a gift from the Jets this Sunday most of all.

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i understand what your saying and i completely agree with you. Take last nights game for example. PITT needed to win to save their season. Tomlin had riled the troops all week. Then you have Cleveland who amongst the pukes of the league. PITT was absolutely motivated and so was CLE. It just so happened that CLE played their game of the year. It has nothing to do with motivation.

If we are talking about not taking an opponent seriously that is another story.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I know we are playing TB but we have Clemens as our QB. We should take nothing from granted.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They are rivals, so that game is a poor example.

15. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Yet Another Kerry Rhodes Thread

Being shitty ala VG is one thing.

Kerry Rhodes is a disgrace to this organization, and as the heart of all Jets fanbase, I say we actively ban anything Kerry Rhodes from this site.

Proposal to Admin/Mods:

- Disallow any avatar/signatures of Kerry Rhodes from this site except the ones that paint over his face.

- Disallow any further registrations of usernames with resemblence of Kerry Rhodes, 25.

- Allow current members with Kerry Rhodes names in their ID to change their name.

I SAY REMOVE EVERYTHING KERRY FROM TGG.

We cannot have this type of primadonna receive any form of support.

16. nyjets80

nyjets80 Member

Lol good one^

17. 624

624 Banned

Take Me Home Kerry Rhodes

18. nyjets80

nyjets80 Member

I love you Kerry

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Shit, I don't want to bother changing my sig.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

can we start by removing pointless threads bitching about him?