PS3 not reading disks anymore!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by nyjetsrule, Nov 30, 2009.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

my warranty has to be up by now tuds. I got the system the november of the launch year. So basically like 2-3 weeks after launch date. it's been at least 3 years, so I would have a hard time believing it is still under warranty...

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope it all works out.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

yeah then you might as well send it. WHen mine crapped out I was a month away from the expiry of my extended warranty. Bought it in December of the release year. I made about 5 phone calls trying to get someone to admit that it was their responsibility to handle the return.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah the stuff is never easy to get returns on a warranty. Hopefully it all works out.

Of course I won't know for a lot longer than expected unforunately. While I was out trying to get a box to package my PS3 in yesterday some jackass rear ends me and left some not so nice damage in addition to setting off my air bag.

everybody is all right and what not, but since I'm not allowed to drive my car until I get it fixed thanks to the air bag deploying, I probably won't be able to send it out for at least a week, maybe more. Never had to deal with the insurance companies before, but i have heard plenty of horror stories.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Oh man that's rough....funning thing, the day I went to buy my PS3 back around Christmas 2006, I was rear-ended at a red light on the way to buy the system. No damage though...but it sucks...

6. hipsterfggt

hipsterfggt New Member

just buy a new one..they are only 250 now

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

299, but whose counting..

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Hope everything works out.

On a related note, I have a PS3 Slim and it makes this surprisingly loud cracking/clicking sound a few minutes after I turn it off and sometimes when it's on. Anyone else have this problem? I think it's probably the plastic expanding and contracting from the heat, but the thing is, my PS3 never really gets hot

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

It probably gets hotter inside that you can tell from the outside.....these overheating issues really piss me off..

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yep your right. I had a launch 60 gig, after taking it apart and repairing it numerous times I got tired of it and got a PS3 Slim. im not playing any ps2 games currently so the decision was pretty easy. ill worry about that later.

just like you said its just the plastic expanding/contracting. my room is relatively warm and its good for a few pops if i play it over 2-4 hrs. and itll do the same thing if its a cold night and I open the window.

or a random pop after playing for hours and the system is just cooling down internally.

the other PS3's get insanely hot under the Blu Ray Drive and the power supply in the back. specifically the launch 60 gigs.

my Slim only gets warm by the power supply (which is obviously normal for something producing electricity)

im just happy I dont have to worry about reflowing the motherboard on the old ps3's

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

do you have a launch model?

those bastards have a 380 watt power supply as opposed to under 300 for all other models.

the slim is 250 watt.

the old ones are heat monsters.

most of this is due to the fact of the power supplies, and the fact the Slim's processors are almost half the size of other PS3's (90 mm cell processors)

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah I got the big boy....size wise, not memory wise. It's a 60 gig which is pony piss compared to what they come with now. There's a pretty good possibility that I will wn 2 PS3s in this generation of consoles....

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I have a launch 60 gig. glad I never use it for more than 2 hours at time. I guess this is one instance where not having time to use the machine anymore than that is a good thing.