Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Don't get me wrong. I love this team and I want to see a playoff birth. But as a Jets fan I know how this works lol.

I think even the fact that the Jets have an opportunity to have a first year quarterback play MEANINGFUL games in December is a blessing in it of itself. Last year aside, qb's in their first year towards the end of the year usually are just playing the string out. Sanchez will be put in the pressure of a playoff race which will only help his development.

2. SanchezToEdwards

Imagine if it went to the coin toss part? haha

3. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

The playoff scenario is a fun thing to follow along with for now, but there is no reason to freak out if we lose a game and were out of the race. Like what was said above how great would it be if we can go 9-7.

I would also just be happy to see Sanchez continue to progress. I believe last game that Sanchez, the team and the fans learned how just important he is to the Jets. It must have been a good confidence booster for Sanchez to see that he really is the best man for the job on the team.

4. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

they really should come up with something better than that...something physical, a freaking tug-of-war or SOMETHING that the two teams can square off and force one to beat the other to advance

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It's starting to look like 2002.

6. Hobbes3259

Steel Cage match.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They must beat TAMPA--no excuses--thats a game the MUST and should win but anything can happen

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i dont think other teams have to totally SCREW up. If you look at the remaining schedule of Jacksonville, it is not out the question that they go 9 - 7. Pitt playing as they are, 9 - 7 isnt out of the question for them either.

Miami could actually come back to haunt the jets. But as it stands the Jets are right in the mix in the AFC playoff race and to say its a pipedream, as it stands today is off target IMO. I'm also interested to see what BALT does on monday night. The Jets definitly aren't in the drivers seat, but they are not reaching at this point.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's how it worked out and what it means:

Detroit @ Cincinnati - Bengals would need to collapse going 1-3 down the stretch for Jets to beat them out. Not happening is my guess.

Oakland @ Pittsburgh - Perfect outcome for Jets. Steelers were not catching the Bengals anyway and now are hurting in the wildcard chase as well.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis - Titans hot streak ended and they can't win 10 games now. Probably no longer a factor in Jet's playoff scenarios.

Denver @ Kansas City - Jets not going to beat out Denver for a playoff spot unless they collapse down the stretch.

New England @ Miami - Good outcome for the Jets. Pat need to go 3-1 down the stretch to win the division outright and Miami still needs to go 4-0 to eliminate the Jets. Jet's chances to win the division increased with the leader at 7-5 instead of almost out of reach at 8-4.

Houston @ Jacksonville - Bad result, Jaguars likely to beat out Jets in the wildcard race at this point.

San Diego @ Cleveland - Predictable pull away by Chargers, who like Bengals are no longer really on Jets playoff radar.

Baltimore @ Green Bay - Still outstanding. A Green Bay win would make the Jet's playoff split 4-4 this week. A few more weeks like that along with Jets wins and we'll be looking at a real shot at the playoffs.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Shin-Kicking Challenge. Biggest douchebag from each team take turns kicking each other. Winner is the first one to stop crying.

11. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Damn, that would suck for whoever drafts Tebow next year...

(P.S. for all you TT lovers out there I'm just joking, please don't crucify me)

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Jax finishes home against Mia, home Indy, at NE, at Cle. They could lose 2 of those games for sure and the Jets can beat them by winning out.

13. 624

624 Banned

This thread shows me how ridiculous it was we lost to Jacksonville and didn't win one of the two Miami games.

14. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

exactly, that right there killed our playoff chances. im still hoping but it is very unlikely. if we win one of those miami games we are tied for first place. if we win miami and jax we are in first place......aahhh what can you do

15. Hobbes3259

Miami (2), Jax, Buff (1), N.O....Think about it...

16. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Even if we make the playoffs this year, I think it would still be far from the miracle in 2002.

17. Hobbes3259

We won the division on a pats loss the last day of the season.After 3 kick ass weeks of football with a first year starter.

By the Time Sanchez is 25....He'll be the second name in NY Jets QBing behind Namath.

Namath..Sanchez...Pennington...OBrien.

18. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Pats actually won in order to put us in the playoffs. They beat the Phins thanks to some good old Dave Wanndstedt stupidity.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It is pretty simple really; the jets need to win out and they need some of the competition to fall. I think it is a lot like being on life support. This has happend to the Jets before and they have eked in, so will see.

Miami covered welker well in the forth quarter and that is why that won.

I thin if we win out, we take the division; that is our very best chances.

I expect we kick the crap out of TB next weekend. ijust hope Rex has Kellen and/or Ainge ready to go. Sanchez is one good hit from being out a couple of weeks right now.

We also need to get a little lucky coming in.

20. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I don't know how old timers feel about it, but for me, it would take something really exceptional to top that 2002 season. Like a Super Bowl win would top it, but that's about it. It wasn't about the 1-4 record and comeback, as much as it was about the Jets being the baddest mothers in the NFL for the entire month of december, and straight through until the Raiders stole their cool.

At this point, if the Jets win out, they've certainly got a shot at the playoffs, but Jacksonville winning today hurts, a lot. Either Jacksonville, the Broncos, or New England has to really flub the last three games, and the Dolphins have to lose at least once. It's far from a sure thing, but it'd suck to see the Jaguars or Dolphins getting that last wild card on tiebreaker wins at 9-7.

It's beyond painful knowing how many games the Jets lost by a thread, and just one more win would have us in the driver's seat for a playoff bid.