Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. JetsFanFromDay1

I agree. I posted this in another thread but I figured I would post it here to because it's relevant.

I think I want JAX to win next week knocking MIA out. Looking at the Jags remaining schedule I don't think they beat New England or Indy. If we win out and have the Ravens lose two more games and the Steelers one we grab that wildcard spot. I don't think we have a good chance at winning the division. I doubt the Pats lose another game.

Denver hasn't locked it up yet. There next 3 is against the Colts, Raiders, and Eagles. You never know the Raiders could pull out a upset win like they did today.

A lot has to happen but its possible! Hopefully we take care of our part but that won't be easy.

2. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If the Jets happen to win out, I think they will have a very good chance to get in. It is a big "if" though.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the problem there is, if they beat Miami, and then can beat just one of the Pats and Colts, they're automatically 10-6 cause they get the Browns week 17, and they have the tiebreaker over us. So even if we won out, we'd still be on the outside looking in. So the Jags beating Miami means they HAVE to lose to both Indy and the Pats for us to have a chance.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Due to the tiebreakers it looks like 9-7 won't cut it for us.

I think our lousy division record alone will kill us in any kind of three way tie.

I don't kow abot you guys but I am more worried about the Bengals than the Colts.

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

If that game is a win-and-get-in type game, at the Meadowlands, I can almost guarantee we win that; it'd be like the GB game in '02. The Bengals may be resting their starters anyway.

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

agreed.. i am definitely more worried about the colts then the bengals.. If we beat the colts.. i think this team will feed off that win and take us right into the playoffs...

7. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

guys
    Actually when its a 3 way tie for a wild card it goes to conference record first.... With that said the jets 7-5 conference record going 10-6 would put us ahead from pitt and most teams... 10-6 will get us in with all the clusterfuck that the playoff teams smash each other around...

8. James Hasty

I was thinking we would be fired up as well. That Packers game was the best Jets game I ever went to.

9. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

and the week after was even better

10. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Er, to be realistic, we lose to both the colts AND bengals, I mean in all honesty, we are not playing with the same momentum or skill ...imho:eek:hmy::shit:

11. James Hasty

I was at both games and the Packers game was more exciting for me. When the Patriots knocked off the Fins in the second quarter, the fans went nuts and what started as a low scoring game turned into a blowout.

Of course, I enjoyed watching Manning get shut down the next week as well.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We're one game out of the division and wildcard, tiebreakers aside. If we win out, we'll get in, I'm confident in that. The rest will sort itself out, the hard part is the jets going 4-0 the next 4 weeks.

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

well thats why i said IF.. i mean this is the NFL.. if you watch football.. you know on any given sunday.. any team can win.. and like previously shown on this board.. the colts have been in some very close games.. I watched todays game and truthfully they didn't look like an 11-0 team.. if the titans didn't turn the ball over like 5 times.. it would have been a much closer game and could have been their first loss..

14. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

now i see why your the most optimistic person on this board.. haha.. yeah going 4-0 is going to be the hard part.. thanks for that..

15. Floridason

Floridason New Member

We got a chance!...right??

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It is good to see that we have brought ourselves back into the playoff mix, I just hope this isn't yet another let down. Get our hopes up yet again, just to choke. Brum.. Brum..

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

18. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Not doing it...not getting roped in. I said this would happen at 4-6 that they'd get back to .500 and give us all hope...nope. Not gonna fall for this teams same shit that they pull year after year...

LETS GO JETS! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We'll finish ahead of Miami.

We need N.E. to lose two games while we win out....Long odds.

Not unthinkable.

If Jax should stumble along the way...so much the better.

20. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Its unlikely we will win the division because the patsies aren't going to lose another game. Thier schedule is against weaker teams. We should have a better record than the fins.

We can get lucky with some breaks as a wild card. But as MJ2 says, I'm not getting my hopes up. 9-7 or 10-6 to me is an accomplishment and successful year with or without playoffs.

Playoff is the extra whip cream on the apple pie that I can live without should it not happen.