Sanchez sprained PCL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaJet, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Sanchez diving for a first down. I think the injury was moreso bad luck than anything.... People would be bitching had he slid 1 yard short of the first down marker. Glad he's okay.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

which knee did he have the dislocated knee cap on during preseason camp at usc? it does seem like the kid has some weak knees.

3. quadcityjetsfan76

Ahhh yes. This may be the case.

4. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

ok.. so here is the question.. do we put sanchez out there next sunday.. it seems like this thursday night game may have been a blessing since he now has some extra time to recover..

but now, even if he is cleared to play.. do you risk making the injury worse.. I mean it is the bucks.. but then again.. that would mean we play *gulp* clemens..

it seemed that last week as soon as he came in.. our entire offense was completely useless..

I mean i guess a major part of this is to see how he feels before the game.. but knowing the type of player he is.. he is gunna wanna get out there and play.. but like i said do you risk it..

5. 624

624 Banned

He'll play, you can't overlook any team in the NFL because of their record, hopefully he'll be able to sit out the 2nd half though..

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

i kno.. but its already a stretch to get to the playoffs.. dont wanna put sanchez out to a point that he loses time in the offseason to condition and work with the team..

maybe we start with clemens.. and then if he can't get it done.. we bring in sanchez.. but i mean i know TBs CB Talib is really good.. but not sure about the rest of the defense.. a 1-10 record though.. but w/e.. we still have a week till this needs to be decided.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Tanard Jackson is no slouch either.

The Bucs run D stinks though....so that works in our favor.

8. 624

624 Banned

We wouldn't start with Clemens to "see if he can get it done" and then if not bring Sanchez, a rhythm QB, in with no rhythm and with a deficit.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This is all moot because Sanchez will most likely play, but I wouldn't underestimate the Bucs. I hear Josh Freeman is actually playing pretty well.

10. alleycat9

what exactly is everyone reasoning that sanchez is tough and will play because of his toughness?? where does that come from? what physical adversity has he played through at this point to make everyone so sure he will play through it next weekend?

11. mnewell1

mnewell1 New Member

I'm impressed with the kid for sliding head first, what I am not impressed with is the fact he limped off the field. A sprained PCL? What even is that? It looked like he could walk just fine. The fact about the NFL is that if you want to play an entire season you will have to play hurt at some time. If every time you take a nick, you point at your leg and get an x-ray you won't play more than two games in a row. Sanchez has to grit his teeth and stay in there and maybe just take it easy in practice. Every person who has played football knows that in every game you play you inevitably will feel like something is hurt, but if you walk off the field and ask for the doctors you lose street cred. Sanchez slides head first but other than that he isn't getting hit particularly hard, (he should ask his stadium mate David Carr about that) In conclusion I think many players in the NFL probably have sprained this or that yet they play through it and keep themselves on the field without getting it diagnosed. I don't mind that Sanchez didn't slide or that he took a play off, but if you can play you shouldn't take yourself out of the game.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Thanks for your expert medical opinion.

13. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

i hope the kid can play..hes a great competitor but he is our qb of the future...clemens needs to get traded for a 7th rounder haha...if sanchise cant go, i would start erik ainge

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't care that he is competitive and he dove for the first down, however he must understand that there is a business side to this game that he is playing, and as much as I like the kid I would hate for him to learn the business side of football because he is not listening to his coaches, so far he has tweaked both of his knees in back to back games, I just don't want to see him lose his career because he is stubborn.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I totally care that he dove for the first down. I think that's what makes him the guy we need. He has a competitive streak that KC never had. He's shown several times that he's willing to take a hit to get it done. Yes that's dangerous but with a little age he'll start to understand the appropriate times to take a risk.

This kid is balls to the wall most of the time, and that's what I want to see.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he broke a kneecap in college and played with a brace on.

So he has a track record playing hurt.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

did you forget about Rhonde Barber?

18. alleycat9

he actually dislocated it as i think i mentioned earlier in the beginning of august. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3526410

he didnt play until august 30th, it was a 1-4 week injury. he played 3 weeks later.

its not like he played the week after or anything. he got hurt let the rehab happen and came back when he was ready.

i still dont see why everyone is so confident about him being so tough and coming back without problems. not to say that he wont but people are making like he was byron leftwich getting carried down the field cause he couldnt stand on his ankle.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he'll have problems.

its a PCL sprain.

but it won't keep him out if he can tolerate the pain.