17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jetsss

Jetsss New Member

Has it been released yet how they are going to deal with the parking next season? They told me they couldn't even lock in parking for me .....

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

never thought I'd see the day but this thread is on life support

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I took a tour earlier in the year tomorrow I'm getting a chance to sit in my seats.

I'm going to write my name on them since I bought them-

I'll take some pics too.

4. no psls

no psls Banned

Hey Rodimus , ask your rep about the parking situation when you get the tour .

5. GordonGecko

Don't forget you only bough a time share, leave room for your Giants roommate

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The parking situation seems like it's going to be completely fucked.

7. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

Wall Street Journal article on PSLs....
    Dec 5 2009

"High-Risk (Football) Real Estate" By LIAM DENNING

Owning your own little piece of real estate in Pittsburgh has been a great investment over the past decade or so. That is, when the real estate is a seat at the Pittsburgh Steelers' Heinz Field.

The average personal-seat license, or PSL, at the stadium, which confers the right to buy season tickets, sold initially for $1,067 in 1998, says STR Marketplace, which runs exchanges for trading PSLs. This year, Steelers' PSLs have changed hands for an average of $10,488, a gain of 883%. In contrast, average house prices in Pennsylvania's Allegheny County, where Pittsburgh is located, have risen only 29% since 1998, according to West Penn Multi-List, a real-estate-services firm.

As an investment class, PSLs are high-risk. As you can only trade PSLs for 11 professional football teams, out of a total of 32, there is a paucity of data with which to analyze overall market trends. (The New York Giants and Jets are issuing PSLs for their new stadium, which opens in 2010.) Also, turnover in the PSL market is low: About 2% of seats change hands in any given year.

Still, this is a world that somehow has an appetite for leveraged exchange-traded funds.

And PSLs show some degree of moving independently of the broader economy. Houston enjoyed a 29% increase in nominal gross domestic product between 2005 and 2008, but the average price of a Houston Texans' PSL dropped 14%. Why? Even an oil boom couldn't fire up the Texans' play.

The National Football League's draft system for allocating players every season also, in theory, provides some rationale for buying on a team's "dips" in the hope of a cyclical recovery.

Still, there are drawbacks. For starters, if you want to enjoy the use of that seat, you need to spend extra money buying season tickets every year.

And however heroics on the field move the price, there is no escaping the economy's effects entirely: Teams like the Steelers and the Chicago Bears saw PSL prices slip this year, after having peaked, like much else, in 2008.

Indeed, the biggest gains largely have accrued to those who bought PSLs at the start. That makes sense. Like a company selling stock in an initial public offering, teams issuing PSLs want to maximize subscriptions so they can sell more tickets and merchandise. That makes for low initial selling prices and a high chance of future gains.

Realizing a gain on your PSL rests to a large degree on finding a greater fool, or fan, to sell to. Still, you could say that about a lot of mainstream asset classes, too.

Write to Liam Denning at liam.denning@wsj.com

Copyright 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

"Like a company selling stock in an initial public offering, teams issuing PSLs want to maximize subscriptions so they can sell more tickets and merchandise"

i guess the jets werent involved in that conversation.

"Realizing a gain on your PSL rests to a large degree on finding a greater fool, or fan, to sell to. Still, you could say that about a lot of mainstream asset classes, too."

the jets apparently are looking for 80k of them and having a hard time finding them.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The graph in the article shows Steelers PSL was a great deal and St. Louis PSL was a horrible deal.

But remember, this is an IPO, the Steelers sold their's for $1,067 and now they are worth $10,488. The Jets are doing their PSLs for a heck of a lot more. Do you think they can go up on average 883% like steelers? So 10K Psls will soon be 88K PSls?

When you underprice a IPO sales are good and there is a pop in price, when you overprice sales are poor and there is a decline from the IPO price.

I would have bought Steelers Psls for $1,067 but Jets Stealers PSLsat $10k no way.

"Realizing a gain on your PSL rests to a large degree on finding a greater fool, or fan, to sell to"

BTW this sundays daily news may have a big psl article.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A JET PSL for $1000,, HECK I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT 4, possibly more but the Jets priced them so high that you have a slim chance to be able to afford them let alone try and sell them and make a profit.
    ps I like many of you and very interested in the parking for next year, any answers are appreciated!

11. alleycat9

musberger during the big 12 championship tonight in dallas, well arlington but the cowboys new stadium says... there are over 3000 flat panel tvs so no matter where you are you dont have a bad seat. interesting... i never went to a game wondering what the game will look like on tv. and i will guarantee you none of those seats that you watch tvs in front of are better than the one at my house.

ugh what has football come to?

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

$4,000 (or even $8,000) for 4 would have easily worked for me too. But my current seats would have been $7500 each X 4 = $30,000. Ticket price was going to be $400 each X 4 = $1600 per game (plus parking).

A PSL is a great "investment" at a reasonable price. At a ridiculous price, now you're a fool, not an "investor."

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

EVERYONE SHOULD THANK that guy for writing the article I am going to rite now--great article

15. alleycat9

someone start printing shirts, make em big so people can wear em over their jackets.

i have hatred for woody johnson, if he actually said that shit he should be beaten. fuckin typical scumbag money grubbing cocksucker.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF I SEE t SHIRTS IN 2 WEEKS I WILL BUY PLENTY OF EM

17. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I was listening to Boomer and Carton this morning, and Carton mentioned that a certain celebrity that everyone knows wanted to purchase Jet season tickets for 2010 in the area where the PSLs are 20K. The celebrity told the Jets he didn't want to pay for the PSL, and the Jets obliged just making him pay for the season tickets. Did anyone else hear that this morning as well. Carton wouldn't say who the celebrity was for whatever reason.

18. GordonGecko

I heard that too, wouldn't be surprised at all. But this shouldn't be a scandal, you won't have to be a celebrity in August 2010 to buy PSL season tickets without having to pay for a PSL. Just wait it out

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sad that this stuff happens--I mean if true and I have nothing to dispute it, what makes more sense? A guy that can afford a PSL(celebrity)paying for one? Or a guy ( many of us)who can't afford a PSL being told he has to or he is OUT?
    The whole thing is depressing! Hopefully the uppers ROCK next year and we can chant PSL'S suck alla "REDSEATS SUCK " at The Garden-----if the team stinks or the whole new stadium thing stinks I will be one and done.

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Would they object to you taking a dump in the aisle and then smearing some feces across the seatback, as a means of marking your territory?