Sanchez sprained PCL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaJet, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I guess Giraidi's advice on sliding hasn't sunk in yet.

2. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

I am with you born in 67 myself. Also what about 2012 the world ending crap. Man I'd be pissed if the 15 yr success holds true and the year before teh world ends. Such is life as a Jet fan

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

bottom line folks - an NFL QB needs to be able dive on the freakin ground and take a hit while doing so.

my QB better dive if it means getting a crucial 1st down in a big january game up in NE.

jil

#83 jilozzo, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I never heard of a sprained PCL, but if he is capable of playing on Sunday (barring severity of pain), then it must not be all that serious.

Good news for me to wake up to, to say the least.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

It was a shitty dive and he banged his knee to the point where he couldn't play the rest of the game. Its not first time he has taken off and nearly hurt himself. If that how he wants to play then fine. Im just not optimistic that he will have long term durability playing that way.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah, I think he just has to learn how to land/dive properly.

I remember getting yelled at as a young lad to put my chin to my chest when hit while jumping. Stuff like that-

7. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

No Sanchez knew that if he slid on that play he probably wouldn't have gotten the 1st down. He sacrificed himself for the team.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

oh bull. he made a stupid play and nearly got himself seriously injured. we don't need him sacrificing for the team. his job is to stay healthy, learn how to be a good QB, avoid turnovers, move the chains and win games. A qb who sacrifices his body is a dumb qb who will have a short career and not help his team.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

John Elway?

10. RevisNWash

RevisNWash New Member

all mexicans have bad knees

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's racist and not even close to funny-

BANNED!!!

12. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

This whole issue of sliding is way overrated. Sliding in baseball vs. football are worlds apart. The reasons for doing so are very different as are what can happen to you when you slide. Quarterbacks sliding was designed to protect the upper body and announce your intention similar to calling for a fair catch. During a slide there is no guarantee against injury. I sure as hell wouldn't want to attempt sliding with a hard brace on my knee. If the brace ends up catching the turf you could have some real problems.

Buffalo has had many blackouts over the years. When ticket sales indicate that the game may not be sold out it is broadcast on all the stations in the Buffalo/Rochester area. Numerous times extensions have been given. Many times local businesses have stepped up at the last minute to buy large quantities of tickets. Ralph Wilson has ponied up a few times also. I enjoy the blackouts, it gives me more opportunities to watch the Jets.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Jilozzo said: interesting - i have always said the jets are on a 15 year cycle of success - 1968, 1983, 1998..............2013

and then

Hmmm...

Year & Jets Success vs My Life

Year - My Life
    1968 - Sperm in daddy's nuts
    1983 - Didnt pay attention to Jets as Coleco Vision & He-Man was more interesting
    1998 - 3rd year bleeding green
    2002 - Got choked up standing inside front door to my house holding "Air Blast" cans, ready to celebrate outside, with win over Pitt as Doug "Laces Out" O'Brien sent it wide right (C'mon you have to include 2002)
    2013 - Will miss Jets 2nd SB win due to self admittance into Overbrook for being a fan of most losing-est teams ever.

That kinda sucks for me...

#93 fozzi58, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  14. RevisNWash

RevisNWash New Member

how do you know im not mexican and know from persoanl experience, and last time i checked mexican isnt a race

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

^I knew the doomsday clock was close to midnight on this guy.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You know it's been a long time when you have to factor in how long we have to live and the world ending when discussing our chances of a Super Bowl, huh?

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sanchez can play if he can play through pain. That means he will play right?

18. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Sanchez Apologizes to Girardi

well thanks for the first down mark... but girardi, rex and the rest of us kinda have a point, no?

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I may be stating the obvious, but he didn't get hurt from putting his head down and colliding with a d-back or linebacker, it was a non-contact injury, or so it appeared. If that's the case, couldn't he just have easily injured it by sliding? I agree with the idea that he shouldn't take defensive players on head to head, but here he was diving FOR THE FIRST DOWN, not challenging a linebacker to a collision. Sometimes I think Ryan says shit he thinks the media wants to hear.

20. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Exactly, and whose to say all that sliding practice didn't do damage to his knee.