Sanchez sprained PCL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaJet, Dec 4, 2009.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Just for fun - fixed this to highlight the contrast between Sanchez and Sherry:

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I actually thought he looked really good last night before leaving the game. Crisp passes, moving quickly. Maybe some of that was because the Bills suck, I don't know. Its the first time in a while I knew he was the best QB on the Jets roster.

3. jetsflyinginjersey

Collectively, TGG.com's forum members take a sigh of relief. On to Tampa boys...

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

kudos to mom and us.....

it took JWN 4 years, so 2013 may do it.....

interesting - i have always said the jets are on a 15 year cycle of success - 1968, 1983, 1998..............2013

jil

5. jcjet

jcjet Member

I'm just hoping he's not a nother Pennington with Injuries, but at least it's the knees not his throwing shoulder

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That is interesting. I hope that's not true because I'm 42 and it means I only have one or two more shots at seeing us win it all. Unless you want to count winning when I was almost 2, but that's a tough one.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

True. That's why, even if we hadn't won these last two and were out of it, I want to see Sanchez play 16 games if he can because that in itself is an accomplishment in the NFL. Plus the more games he plays the better he will be. I was thinking when Clemens came in last night, he actually has less game experience now than Sanchez does.

8. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

:rofl: Quote of the thread!

9. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

If he can pay through it thats good, but since we have a longer time period off between our next game it gives Sanchez more time to heal which is always good

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

But that poutine - mmmmm good!

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Interesting that I was talking about Stafford's knee injury in another thread and a few Jets' fans said that they'd be worried about the kid's development if Sanchez were in a similar position. In fact, IIRC, it was stated that they'd be in favor of sitting him so he didn't favor the injury and develop bad habits while playing hurt.

I'd imagine that thought has been put to bed after watching how clueless KC looked last night and with the Jets still in the playoff picture.

12. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Sanchez with one bad knee > Clemens fully healthy with a week of preperation.

Sanchez - Don't change a thing. Do some of the old timers here remember Ken O'Brien shying away from a TD because he was afraid of getting hit again? This was the beginning of the end for him. Point being, if you want your team to give a maximum effort, you have to lead by example. The kid was trying to get a first down. Diving forward was the only way to get it at that point.

13. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its amazing how some fans can't see the truth until it kicks them directly in the nuts.

I'm actually struggling with the idea of keep Clemens behind Sanchez throughout his career so that no jet fan entertains the idea of bringing in the backup ever again.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

The only thing that bothers me about the "Please Slide!" mentality is that when Sanchez does scramble on a third and long and slides before the first down, the Meadowlands will erupt in a chorus of boos.

17. HOI

HOI Active Member

EXACTLY!! If he slid last night and missed the first down Fatcessa, Myers, Cimini...etc would be killing him for it. "He's a soft California kid", "What happened to the heart he had in Week 3 vs the Titans?", "Rex is making him act like a pussy", "Sanchez has to be more aware of where he is on the field"...blah, blah...

People in the city suck sometimes.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Glad he's okay. He won't be healthy for long if he continues to dive like that however. Its not the first time that he has nearly seriously hurt himself running the ball. I'm not optimistic about his long term durability.

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Its hard to get on his ass about being aggressive. It's one thing if he did something stupid to avoid getting hit. Its so hard to chastise him for being competitive. Kind of like yelling at your kids for staying up too late studying.

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

while he does have to start utilizing the slide, he did the right thing last night. im pretty confident that he would not have hurt his knee if we were playing anywhere else. that field was gross.