Sanchez sprained PCL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaJet, Dec 4, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he'll play against the Bucs.

It can hurt worse if re-injured, and I don't think his brace will ever be taken off, which I agree with.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've heard that too, and if that's the case we need a secret forum to arrange the details, lol.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

So does Aaron Rodgers, quite frequently, and has he been off the field for one play yet? Stafford's had at least two injuries so far. Hey man, you play QB in this league and you're probably going to get hurt at some point. P. Manning and Favre are just freaks, have had good O-lines and been lucky not to get hit in a bad spot.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

:lol: those corporate businessman who sit in the dark room with burning cigars in the ash trays that secretly run the world, but for Joe Namath's life.

5. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I didn't have a problem with the dive for 1st down. He didn't take a big hit, just smacked his knee on the Rogers Center turf, which looked like something from Veterans Stadium circa 1985. Was that the old school astro turf? Sure didn't look like field turf which is 100% more forgiving.

If they want to play more games there, they better invest in a nicer football field.

Anyway, Sanchez made some great throws last night and got it done. But he does need to listen to start sliding into 2nd base to preserve himself.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Joe Girardi should kick Sanchez's ass. Takes his time to teach him to slide and Sanchez goes and gets hurt because he decides not to slide. Thankfully it's not too serious.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

That was actually confirmed in "Little Nicky."

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, it was like Kellen had never been on a football field before. What a choking loser.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Honestly, I don't think this had anything to do with fragility. I think it had more to do with overcompensation thanks to the other knee. He got up just fine after the dive.

10. MadBacker Prime

They said it was old school, pretty much like landing on cement. That's not a great football field, with the shit turf and the lights. Hopefully we aren't back there for a few years.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I heard he slid incorrectly because he lost the turf in the lights.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I said it last night. After Buffalo's 5-year arrangement with SkyDome is over, their FO would be nuts to play there again. Buffalo had zero home-field advantage last night. There was no noise, it was like 2 teams playing at a neutral site.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm glad he ran for the first down. Unlike last week when he ran out of bounds a yard short of the sticks.

Dude is showing he is a competitor and that's great.

Don't really want to crush his mojo, you know?

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

That's what I don't understand all the hate for. Bang-bang 3rd down play, you think he's gonna slide there when the 1st down is right there? Revis forbid, the NYC media would probably be all over him for "not hustling enough." Can't expect any QB to slide there, even if it was Vinny and all 46 years of him.

15. MadBacker Prime

Who is hating?

He had to dive there, I loved the play. Many veteran QB's don't have the balls for that.

16. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

It's a stupid arrangement. The Bills get no benefit as the CFL is the game in town there and quite honestly, it's a bit of an insult to the city of Buffalo, which could use some love lately.

I know Toronto is a much more glamorous city, but Bills fans are rough and tumble people from upstate tundra territory. They dont give a crap about Broadway shows and fancy restaurants.

As for that field, the NFL players association should ban games on anything other than natural grass and field turf.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex was pretty pissed about it.

18. MadBacker Prime

+1 100%

It also goes along with your username, concussions were a big reason they went to field turf too.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, that wasn't aimed at anyone posting here, aimed more at the media types and even his own coaching staff. Sorry, should have said it better.

20. MadBacker Prime

I thought he said he was happy he got the first but siad the kid has to see the big picture.

I think he was just appeasing the media, back in locker room, Rex loved it.