Worst Case Scenario With Sanchez Injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Dec 4, 2009.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Lets assume that Sanchez is out for the year. What do you do if you are Rex Ryan? I feel like he may get pressure from Woody to get a Veteran for the Playoff push. The only name that comes to mind is Garcia. I understand he hasn't played all year, but I think he can play mistake free football and give us a much better shot than Clemens. Any other Suggestions? I know it was only one quarter with Clemens, but he looked terrible.

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

We're talking about this scenario in the Clemens thread.

3. jcjet

jcjet Member

If Sanchez is out, we should see what Clemens and Ainge have

4. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

If Sanchez is done for the year, it is what it is. At this point, you're not going to get a Veteran to come in and learn enough of the offense to be any more effective than Clemens.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1

I've seen a few posts now...clamoring for Garcia to be signed.....he's not going to come in here and learn the playbook instantly.

If Sanchez is toast....so is the season. Unless Ainge turns out to be the next Tom Brady coming off the bench.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Exactly.Not to mention bringing in a vet would be admitting the FO/CS made a HUGE mistake not bringing in one from the start.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Play Ainge. Still wish we had Brett Ratliff but I'd rather have Braylon...

8. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I disagree. Garcia has been around long enough and would be an immediate upgrade over Clemens whether he knows the playbook or not

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Vince Evans would be an upgrade over Clemens. VINCE EVANS!

10. 624

624 Banned

I like Clemens as a person but hate him as a player, I'd like to see what Ainge can bring to the table since the season will be lost anyway.

11. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I don't care how much talent Garcia has. There's still a learning curve when coming into a new offense and with 4 games remaining we don't have the time to bring a new QB up to speed.

12. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

All signs point to an ACL injury right now, but I really hope I'm wrong. That being said I agree with most others here, even if he looked like garbage Clemens has 10 days to prepare to face one of the worst teams in the league and knows the offense backwards. As slim of a chance we have, Clemens is our best chance to win.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Sanchez is out for the year you play Clemens, with a huge dose of the run in the game plan, until it's clear whether or not he can do the job - which it will be after Tampa Bay. If Clemens can't do it you put in Ainge and give him a shot with the same formula of lots and lots of run and see if he has any more to give than Clemens.

Assuming the Jets finish out of the playoff race, which is the likely scenario at this point regardless of whether or not Sanchez plays, you let Brian Schottenheimer go his own way at the end of the season and you go find an offensive coordinator to run Rex Ryan's game plan and develop Sanchez.

14. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

As much as I hated watching Clemens tonight and he seemed to have no pocket presence..if Sanchez can't play...Clemens has to get the start..he knows the playbook and should have been waiting for this opportunity..

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones Is The Answer!

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If he's out for the season then he's out. Shonn Greene, Brad Smith, and Danny Woodhead should all get increased carries. Actually, just run the wishbone.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Say play clemens and if he struggles, see what ainge has.

18. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Worst case and most likely scenario, Schotty panics and out-thinks himself. Start Clemens (or Ainge) and keep doing what we've been doing with Sanchez. Rush, throw safe passes or go deep if coverage breaks.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Looked nothing more than a bruised knee. He'll be fine. When they said they r putting some braces on his knees, its enough for me to think that he'll be ok. Jets didn't bring him out cuz we had a 2 possession lead and were playing well enough to win the game defensively.

20. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

If you watched the SNY postgame he hobbled his way to and from the podium, not a good sign. Plus if you watched the play where he appeared to injure the knee, he was hit as his knee was in motion, usually the case in an ACL tear. The only good sign is that he said there didn't seem to be any swelling, and there usually is plenty of that in an ACL tear.