Time to Choose: Patriots or Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Who are you hoping loses the game this sunday?

If Patriots win and go 8-4, it almost gurantees Miami eliminated from the playoff hunt

If Dolphins win they go 6-6, but go 4-2 in the division and move ahead of the Jets. However, both teams are then 1 game out of the division lead.

Pats Schedule:
    @ Mia, Car, @ Buf, Jac, @ Hou

Fins Schedule:
    NE, @ Jac, @ Ten, Hou, Pit

Its tough to decide, but essentially are you rooting for the division title or the wild card?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No need to choose when we already know New England will DOMINATE the terrible Dolphins.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Root for Pats. The Jets have a better chance of gettin in via wild card

4. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Root for both teams to beat the shit out of each other resulting in a tie.

5. 624

624 Banned

Fuck the Pats, go Dolphins. Fuck the Dolphins too, I hope the Patriots lose it, I don't want the Dolphins to win it. 2-0 safety in OT.

Dolphins have a pretty tough schedule and all they need to lose is 1 more game for them to be out.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm throwing my support behind a Phins' victory (oh god, I feel filthy for typing that).....The Fins schedule down the stretch is much more difficult than NWE's....and New England needs losses for us to get back into the picture.

7. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Gotta root for the Fish here, no way are they beating all 4 of those teams after NE. As little of a shot we have at the division, crazier things have happened (see 2002).

8. tubby

tubby Active Member

i want the pats to win... we're not catching up to them in the division and a win against the phins knocks them out of the playoff race. . our best hope is to win out. jacksonville will finish with atleast 7 losses, baltimore and pittsburgh are our main competition. denver all but has it locked up even if they lose to philly and indy as long as they don't blow a game against oakland or KC.

9. xxDebo9

xxDebo9 New Member

I feel much more comfortable in the Dolphins losing 3 out of their last 4, therefore making themselves irrelevant, then the Patriots. The Pats could very easily finish these last 5 games 5-0.

I hate both teams, I don't want to pick a side.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Dolphins aren't that good, but they did sweep us. Not out of the question that they win.

I don't really know the right answer. I don't think we're winning the division because that means New England has to lose 2 more on top of the Dolphins game, and Miami would have to lose one, too. Pats don't have any easy games left, but they don't have any really hard games either, though week 17 at Houston could be a fun one. Chances are, the Texans would piss it away though.

I'm probably going to root for Miami because I hate Brady, but for wild card purposes, it's much better if the Pats win. Dolphins play 4 WC contenders in a row next.

11. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Can't really root for anyone but I'd like to see Miami win because Miami should lose at least one of their remainding games after that..

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I won't root for either and let the chips fall where they may.

13. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

The Dolphins need to win. This would put us one game out of the division. I think only one team from the AFC East will get in the playoffs. The Dolphins will lose three games after that, the rest of their schedule is Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Steelers.

We need a lot of help when it comes to the Patriots.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm going to root for the Fins and the Jets longshot chance to win the division. I don't think the Fins figure in the wild card at all if it's a 10-6 affair and I know the Jets don't if it's 9-7 so I don't see the Fins as anything like a primary problem for the Jets playoff chances.

Short the Steelers going 5-0 and the Bengals going 2-3 (probably 1000-1 shot between the combo) I don't think the Jets win a wild card this year. They might have a shot at 10-6 but it's not a guarantee.

If The Fins beat the Pats this weekend and the Pats split the last 4 they finish 9-7. That's the Jets realistic shot at the playoffs because it doesn't require a cold team like the Steelers going 5-0 and a hot team like the Bengals deflating simultaneously when they have no games left to play against each other.

15. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I'm rooting for a Meteor to hit the field at game time.

16. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

It has to be NE, though I hate them like the Taliban. We're not winning the division since we lose the tiebreaker. May as well get Miami behind us.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Can't I just root for terrorism that week?

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is like the classic, Death or Ooga Booga joke.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

To be honest we gotta root for the Phins.

20. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I would go for that Pats even though there are very few things in life I hate more than them. I figure regardless of the Dolphins difficult schedule, the chances of us taking over the division are smaller than the wild card. Here's hoping the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Jaguars & Broncos lose.