One year Ago Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Not that I know of. When Green Bay traded for him, he refused to report. GB wasn't a place a lot of guys wanted to go to in those days. Reggie White tried really hard to get him to show up. Halfway through the 1995 season when the team was looking good, Keith decided to report.
    I know that winning a Super Bowl was his only motivation for returning. He was a big bible thumper like Reggie. I'm pretty sure Keith devotes a lot of his time to his church. I don't recall him making a comeback at all. You sure about that?

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was thinking about that, the playoffs are going to suck with all the domes. On the AFC side, too, it's going to be at least Indy too. Not because of Favre, I just hate dome games, especially in the playoffs.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

junc is probably right, I thought it was Jackson. I remember Vinny hitting him with a TD in pre-season before doing his achilles in the opener, but maybe it was Eric Green. I've smoked a lot since then.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Peyton has never won a playoff game after a bye so we should only see that dome for one game:smile:

5. nyjunc

Keith jackson had a grand total of 5 recs in 3 playoff games in 1996, they didn't miss him too much in 1997.

5 recs, 44 yds, zero TDs in 3 playoff games.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Atlanta could be a Wild Card you could have 5 of 6 teams in a dome. Huge advantage for Favre and Brees. Totally different game outside in bad weather.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Cause you are unable to give specifics regarding INTs, how the drives went and what happened during the game

8. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

He was a huge part of their offense in 1996, Tony Reali. As we have discussed in the past, you have no clue about the Packers and more specifically in that Super Bowl run. You have in the past criticized Favre for throwing less than 100 yards in the divisional playoff game vs. the 49ers. I then pointed out to you that it was a mud bowl for that game so there wasn't a lot of throwing going on.
    Anyways.....the point of Keith Jackson being gone means that one less dimension that opposing defenses have to prepare for. Chmura was never the receiving threat that Jackson was.

9. Murrell2878

He doesn't watch the games. He reads box scores

10. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Personally, I think that teams like the Pats and the Packers benefit more from their homefield advantage. Dome teams really don't have much of an advantage over there opponents, with the exception of crowd noise. You're right though....Favre and Brees will have great advantages of continued play on fast surfaces. Its just that their opponents will benefit from this as well.

11. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I've known that since I first started reading his posts. He'd make a good statistician but not a good analyst.

12. nyjunc

Maybe not in this thread but I have always given specific examples such as Peyton leading his O to less than 14 PPG in playoff losses, Brett losing 3 games at home w/ the awful #s I showed,...

I don't just post stats but when a guy has 5 recs in postseason for 40 yds he wasn't much of a factor. Maybe he was in the run game, maybe in the LR but that's not tangible stuff.

You probably praised Favre for that performance in the mud which is why it was brought up or else I wouldn't have brought it up. As we know if GB loses and Brett throws for 300 yds he was great and if they win and he does nothing he was great- he's ALWAYS great to the favre fellaters:rofl:

says the guy who tells us peyton was great against SD the last 2 years:rofl:

You are hysterical. ALL YOU HAVE are fantasy stats from Favre to back up your pointless points. You cannot be serious?

13. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

What's funny about this is that you had no idea until you just today went and looked up Keith Jackson's stats for that postseason.......and now you form an opinion on it?!:rofl:
    Like I've said countless times......you're not too bright. Anyone who knows football and watched the Packers that year would know that Jackson and Chmura in the 2 TE set was difficult to defend. Its pretty simple to comprehend that without Jackson in the lineup and no other TE on Green Bay's roster that could do what Keith did, it takes a dimension away from the Packers' offense and thus makes them a bit easier to defend. You get that point yet Reali, or do I need to create a stat sheet for you to make it easier to understand?

No, I never brought up Favre's numbers in that game. You brought it up once by saying Favre did virtually nothing en route to the Super Bowl in that postseason. I merely pointed out the circumstances of that game because it was clear that your "expert opinion" was severely lacking in firsthand knowledge. Again....you're not very bright so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you don't get it.

"pointless point"

LOL @ ^^....you had me laughing at that one.

14. Murrell2878

these are all things you get from pro reference. And they aren't specific to game action.

keep rofl but you keep proving my point

15. Murrell2878

I'm re-watching the 2007 AFC Divisional. Manning on the opening drive drove the Colts right down the field. Using dump offs to Addai, hitting Utecht down the field for 20 yards and hit Wayne on 4th and 2 for 9 yds before hitting Clark for a 25 yard TD down the left side of the field with a bullet pass

16. Murrell2878

I'll put this on hold until tomorrow. There's an exciting matchup tonight. I'll be watching it.

17. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

how dare you try to prove a statsheet wrong!!

18. Murrell2878

Because the stat sheet some how tells me Manning had a terrible game.

19. nyjunc

I'm not allowed to look up the guys #s? I have a great memory but I don't remember every play of every game. What I don't remember was keith jackson making an impact during that SB run and the #s validated that. Again, maybe he was a good blocker or a leader? i don't know that but on field production he brought nothing that postseason.

1996: GB O scored 405 pts(25.3 PPG)
    1997: GB O scored 387 pts(24.2 PPG)

You are right, they really struggled w/o him in 1997. We know you don't have a point and you just need to try to attack me to deflect. keep makiing intangible things up to try to make yourself feel better.

Anything else you want to make up? Was there a ceratin way homlgren groomed his mustache that year that was vital to GB winning?

I watched every playoff game of manning's career and 95% of those games I rooted for Peyton and the Colts. I don't just use #s, if I did I'd make foolish comments like Peyton played great against SD the last 2 years.

Let me know when you get to the TWO INts that cost the Colts AT least 3 pts each time in a 4 pt loss and then tell me how great peyton was.

The stat sheet says he had a good game, it shows a 97.7 rating which fools most fans into thinking he was great which he clearly was not as he cost them the game w/ those 2 costly INTs and inability to lead them down the field late to win it. he had not one but TWO chances to lead them to the GW TD after SD took the lead but he played great b/c he had that 97 rating!

20. Murrell2878

2 costly INTs when one was an amazing play by the defender. GIVE SOME CREDIT TO THE OTHER TEAM ONCE IN AWHILE!

You read the stat sheet and the play by play. You don't watch the games. You blamed the last drive in the 2008 game on Manning, when it was clearly not his fault <- THAT shows me you do not watch the games.