Danny Woodhead is one spry mofo out of the backfield

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Nov 29, 2009.

1. joesanerd

joesanerd New Member

It's clear the kid can ball.. his preseason stats showed that going up against 3rd stringers/2nd strigners, whatever, he can play... but he's far too small and not as athletic to play HB, I mean who is he going to block? He can't do what Jones/Greene can do nor can he do what Leon could. But he's shown that given the chance he'll make something happen.

So then why root for him? ... cause he's on the team.. I agree with Thunder Jet fans are a different breed.

2. 624

624 Banned

Just regarding a couple of posts above, Woodhead is from a D.2 school and he isn't small, he is just short. So he isn't "1 big hit away from ending his career". You don't say that about a Desean Jackson who is what? 5'9 165. 5'8 200 pounds is fine.

3. denw1973

denw1973 New Member

it is true, everyone loves to hate him. too small?? may break bones or concussions may occur? are you serious? sometimes people's knowledge of the game on these boards are nothing more than playing madden on their x-box. he contributed yesterday, nobody is claiming he will make the pro-bowl next year.

the miami game was one instance....do we forget shonn greene has had multiple critical fumbles? is he incapable of playing rb in the league? sometimes i just don't understand the arguments made on here.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I have no problem at all with depth. I don't have a problem with Woodhead being a part of that depth. The kid has some talent, that's clear.

My only point is that before people start making him out to be a starter, maybe he needs to show he can perform against first stringers more than once? On one hand, people want Kerry Rhodes out of town, and his big day yesterday wasn't enough to change their mind. On the other, Woodhead's single play makes him the next Wes Welker?

Personally, I'd love Woodhead to be the return guy, and I've said so numerous times already. The latest time being after seeing Cotchery in returning kicks.

I think that's where Woodhead would excel. Returning kicks, not as a wide receiver or running back.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Danny Woodhead is not a starter, but he's going to be a very nice role player.

I was at the game on Sunday. There were numerous pass plays where Woodhead was wide open in the flat; Sanchez just didn't see him.

I think he could play a really important role as a checkdown man on third down. Perhaps it's only because the Panthers weren't paying any attention to him. But the important thing is that if either Mark starts paying attention to Woodhead, or the opposing defense starts paying attention to Woodhead, it'll make things easier on the rest of our receivers and our young quarterback.

6. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

It's funny, but I was jokingly thinking that he may be the best choice to cover Welker on D, assuming Revis is going to be covering Moss all the time. Welker is just too quick for anyone else we have on D.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

#47 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

i feel like people only like woodhead because hes white. He didnt even really do anything impressive yesterday so why dont we get off his dick until he shows us something.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I still dont think Woodhead is an NFL player but he did play a good game

10. aychichi

aychichi Member

Im a bigger fan of the black Wes Welker

11. flgreen

flgreen New Member

What are you basing that on? Woodhead is the second most productive RB in college history. He had 2 catches for 23 yards yesterday. Pretty good production from a role player.

That is like saying ?People only liked Bruce Harper because he is black?. Harper played for Kutztown. Not exactly a football power house. He was totally unknown when he came to the Jets, and became one of the most beloved role players in Jets history.

Give Woodhead a shot. If he stinks he will be gone. If he is a productive role player he may have a long career. We won?t know until he gets a shot.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

you realize somebody could say the same about our current president, change a word or two,.........

oops wrong thread :)

jil

13. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Guys upgrading roster is all nice and Dandy. The way you guys go about it you feel we need and can upgrade at 10 positions. Slot Reciever is a "need" on this team and Danny Woodhead might fill it. You really feel Ryan and the the team has given up on this season so that is why guy got some time. He got time because he has been working hard in practice and progressed to the point of getting playing time.
    Wes Welker was not a big D 1 college player either. Very good at the level he played at much like Woodhead dominated at the level he played at. I have to believe Miami must of thought Welker was just a nice story otherwise there is no way he gets traded in the division especially to NE.
    Are we not allowed to find another feel good story because we had one in Chrebet. I think Woodhead is a football player plain and simple. We killl Gholston because he has all the physical skills but no heart. This guy seems to be all heart, to me shows some great skills he is just undersized.
    Utilized right I think this guy can be a serious contributor on this team moving forward.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe they root for him because he is a Jet, and undersized player just trying to catch a break. Fans like underdogs. You are the one that seems to be fixated on color.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

On 3rd down he had a good sideline run after the catch to move the chains. Pretty clutch if you ask me. I didn't realize I had to be sitting on his dick to think that was impressive.

16. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Take a look at how Woodhead's teammates treat him. They root for him because he busts his ass. He doesn't look at the coaches with fearful eyes. He gets the ball and knows what he's supposed to do. Every player cannot attend the college of a NFL fan's choice. What Woodhead did do at college is be the best running back he could be.

Give him enough reps and if he doesn't cut it so be it. So far the chances he's been given have proved positive.

17. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

What's the opposite of above me?

18. dco20

dco20 New Member

Great post.

19. snipes824

snipes824 Member

thats actually wrong. welker played big time college football in the big 12 at texas tech and had a great career.

From Wiki: Over his four-year career, he had 259 receptions for 3,019 yards and 21 touchdowns, and 79 rushes for 456 yards and two touchdowns. He also scored eight touchdowns returning punts in his career, still tied for the NCAA record. In 2003, Welker won the Mosi Tatupu Award, given annually to the best special teams player in college football.

i am woodhead fan and want him to stay on the team. i'm just pointing out that welker and woodhead's beginnings were definitely different.

20. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The guy had one play. Ill admit he's a small ,fast and possibly an elusive player, but lets see more then a play before we kiss his ass.