Late Season Favre Collapse Tracker

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Favre is the missing piece for Minn. Any decent QB would have had similar success. The rest of a great team was already in place. That just needed a QB that wasn't a bone head.

And ya - its obvious Favre was here just to waste our time last season until he could be where he wanted. To go to a team where he could hurt the organization and fanbase that loved him for a dozen years. What an asshole.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Anyone who thinks he would be having the same success here with our team in our division playing outdoors, keep on thinking that. We saw how it went last year.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Any decent QB would be having an MVP like season and be in the same discussion as Peyton Manning and Drew Brees? OK.

I doubt anyone thinks he would be. Schottenheimer doesn't know how to run an offense and we don't have nearly as good of a team as Minn.

4. Italian Seafood

Shotty's offense works fine when the QB throws the ball to our team and not the other. That's why Chad Pennington could get us to the playoffs running it and Brett Favre couldn't with a better team. Also why we're struggling this year.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

Even Pennington had way more INT's in Schotty's offense than he normally did throughout his career.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1481526&postcount=22
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=51314

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

How long have people been saying this?

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm kind of over favre and I enjoy watching him play just not speak...the diarrhea that comes out of his mouth is impossible to listen to

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good ole' Broadway Brett.

9. jetmart

jetmart New Member

Simple - playing indoors insulates Favre's arm against the elements. I believe Minn don't have any away games where the weather is gonna be cold, apart from at Chicago in week 16.

By then Minn will be in the playoffs and therefore Favre can limit his throwing in that game or come off at the half.

Looking at the potential playoff teams, its very unlikely Minnesota play away except perhaps at New Orleans then its the SB. so, there's the simple answer, Favre's not gonna fall apart cos he doesn't have to throw in cold weather.

And yep, I reckon Minny will win the SB.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Coming off surgery with a very weak arm and a terrible OL and running game. Chad for a guy who couldn't get the ball outside the numbers played brilliantly in 06 compared to what Favre did last year. Favre is a much better QB but he was throwing shit up for grabs that was an outright disgrace last year. Pennington's INT's came from trying to do to much on basically a bad Offensive team. Big difference.

Shotty did a great job in 06 and Favre sabataged him last year with some brutal decision making or just not giving a shit?

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Good post. The dome protects Favre and Brees from the elements and Favre has been decidedly more fragile in weather as he has gotten older.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

From his point of view he gave his career to the Packers and they put him to the curb saying they thought they could do better. Well they couldn't do better, and it's Brett's new mission in life to rub it in.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Fuck Favre, right in his gray beard. Twice. That old' bastid!!!

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Pennington had only 1 more TD than INT in each season he played under Schottenheimer. That's a big difference from most of his career in terms of TD/INT ratio.

Favre played poorly last year but I don't believe Schotty put in in very favorable situations down the stretch when he knew damn well his throwing arm was injured. We were playing weak run defenses with a strong rushing attack and he continued to air it out with a broken down 39 year old QB.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Fair enough, but I guess it's OK for Manning and Brees but not for old man Favre?

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fixed that for you.

He was on the cover of madden last year.

i don't know why anyone seems to forget that. Because Madden had a Green Bay Favre on it? I don't think that matters.

17. Italian Seafood

How much of that was Favre doing it on his own? He had a lot of autonomy and remember Shotty had to dumb down the playbook in the first place because Favre got here in August with no off season and no early camp.

Pennington had two rookies on a patchwork O-line and no real #1 RB in 2006, rookie head coach and rookie OC. Favre last year had two All-Pros on the O-line, All-Pro RB in Jones, a more established Leon, Tony Richardson at FB, and Keller at TE.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm not sure why this has turned into a Favre vs. Pennington comparison. Neither had good seasons under Schottenhiemer when compared to the rest of their career. Favre had the better team but he also injured his throwing shoulder down the stretch. Prior to that the team was doing very well. Schottenheimer never adjusted. Pennington had the benefit of being in a system that people didn't have film on and caught a lot of people off guard.

Again, bottom line is that neither did well under Schotty. Look at what they both did after leaving Schotty's system.

This thread is to track the late season Favre meltdown that has been promised. It looks like GB has a good shot at making the playoffs too ...

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Let's see... Favre played for years in one of the most God awful climates you can play football in and succeeded much of the time in doing so, but now all of a sudden.... he's some kind of fragile china doll that can't throw into the wind? The same guy who is without a doubt the toughest QB to play the game no less.

Some of you have some mad imaginations... :lol:

20. Italian Seafood

You blamed Favre's meltdown on Shotty's playcalling, I'm pointing out to you that Shotty's system was successful here with a lesser team, the QB happened to be Chad. Both guys went to teams with superior running games when they left--as good as ours is, Minnesota's is better, in my opinion.