Kellen Clemens.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Nov 29, 2009.

?

What's your opinion on Kellen Clemens?

1. He hasn't received a fair shot

12.0%
  2. It's Schotty's fault

4.7%
  3. He's been a pile of excrement for the duration of his professional career

49.0%
  4. Rachel Bilson has nice tits

34.4%
  1. IATA

IATA Trolls

You don't need to outright LIE to the guy.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Something you and your girlfriends giggle about during slumber parties while they braid your hair?

3. ........

........ Trolls

Then you, sir, may be the most bad ass rodeo clown I have ever had the privilege to encounter.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

:rofl:

haha, what a jerk....:smile:

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude.. Lame. The things posted on these boards are not important enough for me to take to our weekend slumber parties, come on now. :rolleyes:

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The guy is terrible. That is why after 4 years he is where he is.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

TypeO gets it....

4 years people....he's been here FOUR YEARS......and his ineptitude still shines through.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Since when has Clemens played good to disprove any of all the hate in this thread dished in his direction?

9. quadcityjetsfan76

The fans don't set the roster. I understand you aren't fond of Clemens. That's fine, but do you really want to hand the ball over to Ainge? The only headlines he has made in the NFL is a 4 game suspension for a drug violation. I am not saying Clemens is our answer at #2, but I would take his game experience over Ainge's. Especially with a possible playoff spot still in sight(laugh). My comment in another post, albeit farfetched is probably true. If Clemens gets released and becomes a starter for a division rival, or just an opponent we face next year, if he lights us up, you will call the front office scumbags.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm willing to bet a year's salary that Clemens WILL NEVER light it up in this league.

We have no idea what we have in Ainge.....i'd like to see what he can do in case we lose Sanchez for any given period of time. I KNOW what we have in Clemens...it's failure.....let's seen what Ainge can do in the #2 spot.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

After nearly 30 years as a Jets fan,you have finally givin me something about them i am confident in. That not happening.

12. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

man, imagine if we had LOST he game today....

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Ainge clearly outshined Clemens in preseason, and could not be any worse then Mr. "Happy Feet and throw the ball into the Ground" Clemens. And your statement about calling the FO scumbags is an assumption on a very unlikely scenario. You know what happens with assumptions, right?

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

In my opinion....the Jets should relegate Clemens to the #3 spot on the depth chart and promote Ainge to #2....he's got a live arm, played well in preseason, and deserves a chance to prove himself. At least, until the Jets sign a bonafide veteran QB to backup Sanchez.

Clemens has had a few chances now...and failed with every try. The fact that some posters on here are trying to defend them....is great comedy.

15. quadcityjetsfan76

And if Sanchez blows that knee next week? Clemens comes in and leads us to victoty over the Bills? Is he still a failure? If he is named starter for the remainder of the year and leads us to within a game of the playoffs? Is he still a failure? It takes more than a series to get in a rythm. Curse him all you want. I agree, that if a guy wants a shot, he needs to capitalize and show what he can do. Clemens didn't do that today. Do you think that could have had something to do with the CS a little preoccupied with the fact their franchise QB just got hurt? 1 pass play and some runs, seems pretty conservative to me. I would never wish for Clemens to take over this team due to Mark getting hurt. I am just saying, support the players we have, whether you like them or not. Oh wait, isn't that what you said in the post i have quoted?

#95 quadcityjetsfan76, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Kellen Clemens couldn't light up the Detroit Lions, much less the Little Giants....

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Ainge played well in preseason. Clemens is the de facto #2 because he lost the competition for the starting job. If the team didn't have Clemens and just had Ainge and O'Connell behind Sanchez, we really wouldn't be losing too much. He's going to be handing off to Jones and Greene, anyway. The #2 QB is not going to be called upon to wing the ball around like he's Peyton Manning, regardless of who he is.

2. Why bother putting this point in your response if you're going to refute it at the end of the sentence?

3. He's not going to get released because his contract is up. He'll walk away because the Jets do not have a place for him. He's a bust for this team. We have every QB position set for next season already.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

holy christ, man!! have you seen Clemens play??!!

I'm not talking "just today" either...i mean his entire Jets' career?! What makes you think he could light up anybody?!! he can barely see over the oline.

This is why i started this thread to begin with....if Sanchez goes down for any length of time whatsoever....and the offense is in Clemens' hands....WE.ARE.FUCKED....PERIOD.

The only silver lining from that scenario...is that our draft pick will be quite high in April.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

how lame to sit here and hate on your backup QB who just helped you to win a game...

20. mash84

mash84 Member

Will he be a good or even employed quarterback in the NFL, I don't know, but he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time for anyone to know for sure. He really hasn't done anything as a jet, but stupidity from the CS last year may have something to do with that. Clemens wasn't given the opportunity that has been awarded to Sanchez. Nobody could have done well behind that OL in 2007, and the only real chance he had to take the starting job was before this season. Diggs would have an interception if Clemens tried to complete that pass to Richardson.