We Still Have a Good Shot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Nov 29, 2009.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

This week has been good to us, with a Jets win, Texans loss, Dolphins loss, Colts win, and Bengals win.

at 5-6, the Jets go against the Bills, Bucs, and Falcons...all winnable games against teams below .500. At 8-6 we will be playing the Colts and the Bengals. If the Colts are 13-1 or 14-0 when they play us, they will most likely have home field advantage locked up, and will not be playing Manning for most/all of the game. Also, this means the Bengals will probably be benching Palmer and Benson for our week 17 matchup....making those two games very winnable as well.

I don't like sneaking in to the playoffs, but I think entering the playoffs at 10-6 with a 6 game winning streak is good for momentum and confidence. I thought the season was over when Jenkins was lost, as our run defense would suffer tremendously. After this Carolina game, and holding Williams and Stewart to 75 yards, I have faith in it now. Hopefully the Jets win against the teams they should, and we don't keep hearing "SOJ".

Now lets hope the Chargers, Steelers, Titans, and Jaguars lose. And of course the Patriots because Bellichick and co are asses.

2. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

keep the hope alive! lol

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Miami lost to Bills hey remember the Bills beat us Miami was spamming our forums with

'HAHA YOU LOST TO THEM?'

hahahaha take the bills on thursday, beat the bucs.. hopefully other teams wildcard shots will go down and ours up.

4. 624

624 Banned

We have a shot, but I wouldn't say a good shot.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is fun to still be alive though after Week 12. Going into Week 13 with no hope is terrible and we have been there before.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

When you recognize the season is over it will be much easier to watch NFL. This win means nothing in terms of the '09 season.

Rex had his best game as a head coach though.

7. The Dark Knight

Yeah, he is improving as a coach and Sanchez did pretty well at QB. I also admired him returning after injury. This team is coming around, slowly but surely.

8. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

and please no "we should beat the Bills" threads this week. There are NO gimmies for our team this season

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

were gonna go 8-0 the rest of the way!!!!!!

and go into the playoffs at 13-6!!! after all we are on a run of 1-3 in the last 4!!!!!

here we come playoffs!!!!! i hate to kid but at some point you have to just enjoy the game and the win and not worry so much about what could would should happen.

10. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Steelers vs. Ravens

in terms of the Jets wildcard playoff hopes, who do we need to root for in this one?

11. ........

........ Trolls

This is what I was about to post. I'm not proceeding through the rest of the season thinking "Hey, we could still make the playoffs." I've already started watching the games for signs of growth and progress in our young players. On that note, it was nice to see Woodhead enter into the gameplan today.

12. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

i agree .... the last 2 games will be a true test

13. 624

624 Banned

Ravens I think

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

We can take the Bills if we keep the stupid mistakes to a minimum. They're running game is not what it was last year and our defense is much better than last year. I don't think that Ryan Fitzpatrick is anything special, T.O. will get taken out by Revis.

Off topic: I really, really, really hate Adam Schein and Ray Lucas as announcers.

15. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

So you're saying theres a chance!!!!

But who do we want to win tonight the steelers or the ravens?

16. The Dark Knight

Ravens for sure. But it does not matter really. Playoffs will be tough to reach. We really need SF to win.

17. 624

624 Banned

Yes, Woodhead looks like he is progressing nicely as a slot receiver, hopefully next year after a full Training Camp of practice he can be a go to slot receiver. And of course the occasional running play, he could be a useful hybrid, versatile player in the future for us.

That one 3rd down conversion was nice.

18. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I love ray lucas, he actually cares about the jets and whether they win or lose. Schein is annoying as hell though.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You know what, watching Lucas dress Schein down on TV is improving my opinion of him. If I have to hear about Schein whine about players' "responsibility to the media" one more fucking time I'm going to lose it.

20. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Here's to the BILLS and JETS coming down to the wire for the AFCE crown!!!!!!!