List Your Top 6 NFL Ready/Draft Propects For 2010

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Nov 29, 2009.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I understand there are no guarantees.

This thread is to develop discussion on "your" top NFL ready players.

List your top 6 favorite, non-bust players that should be entering the draft. These players should be considered non-bust/can't miss NFL players. They have what it takes to be a top player in the NFL.

Don't list a great College player that won't transition well to the NFL. Also, there are some players that potentially will be great (measurables), don't list them here. Example: I have a hard time giving a top rating to a player that has to change position..DE/to OLB. I want the players you believe are a slam-dunk.

1) CJ Spiller....he can do it all, return kickoffs, catch the ball, and may be one of the fastest players in College football. My top NFL prospect..by far.

2) Ndamukong Suh....may take him a year to adjust to the NFL, but is one of the most dominating players at his position.

3) Joe Haden....Blankets his receivers and doesn't give them much separation. If he still on the board when the Jets draft (Jets need to continue to lose), strong consideration must be given.

4) Rolando McClain....solid linebacker that makes plays. He's a football player in every sense of the word. He's not a project like a DE/OLB rush end that needs to be converted.

5) Ryan Mallett....Great TD/Int ratio. Probably the strongest arm I've seen in a while. Makes huge throws on the run with great accuracy. Makes smart decisions and knows when to throw the ball away. May be the best QB to be NFL ready. Looks like an NFL QB!!!

6) Golden Tate....Not the highest rated WR.....but does everything well. Doesn't overwhelm you, gets the job done. Tate has vise-grips for hands, some of the strongest hands you'll ever see. Tate hustles and gets separation from defenders. I see Tate as a very solid #2 WR in the NFL.

Feedback appreciated.

Make your own list....should be fun.

#1 WW85, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

1. Ndamukong Suh. He's probably the best defensive tackle that I've seen play in college over the past ten years. He is going to be a dominant 43 tackle, and if he's not a top 3 pick, he's a steal.

2. Eric Berry. Not a fan of taking safeties in the first round, but Berry is elite. He's an instant game-changer in the NFL.

3. Jimmy Clausen. Mr E says all the time he's the best passer in the country, and he proved it again last night. He's put the Irish in a position to win more times than that coaching staff deserved. There's a lot of questions at the top of the QB position in the next draft, he's the only one without any.

4. Joe Haden. Going to be a Darrelle Revis type player in the NFL. Great speed coupled with tackling ability make for a complete corner and a top ten pick.

5. Everson Griffen. Dunlap is regaining ground after what I saw him do yesterday, but Griffen is still slightly ahead in the freak category for me. Had sacks in 6 straight games this year.

6. Demaryius Thomas. What? Yeah, that's right. He's a monster. An absolute monster.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Mike Iupati

Sean Weatherspoon

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Not surprising:) Great list GH.....I was close to putting Berry and Griffen on the list. As much as I love Berry, I have a "very small" amount of reservation about his adjustment to the NFL. Berry is till going to be a great player. It's just a gut feeling, no evidence. I love Jimmy C, just couldn't pull the trigger. I still believe he will be a Top 5 prospect. I just like Mallett's game for the NFL.

#4 WW85, Nov 29, 2009
  5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If we're going by who's NFL ready:

1. Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen: I'm going to say it again GH...Clausen is the best passer in college football. Clausen will more than likely be the top player selected in 2010 based on team needs.

2. Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh: Defensive tackles aren't supposed to take over games. One of the most athletic and dominating defensive tackles that I've ever seen.

3. Tennessee's Eric Berry: Ball-hawking safety that doesn't do anything wrong. He isn't the biggest guy in the world, but he hits like a truck. Berry should also run one of the fastest 40s at the combine

4. Florida's Joe Haden: This kid has shutdown corner written all over him. He's very good in run support and sticks to his man all game. Haden is definitely the best corner prospect in 2010.

5. Southern Cal's Charles Brown: I thought about taking him off the list because he's only a two year starter, but I just couldn't do it. A converted tight end that's been absolutely dominant at left tackle over the past two seasons. I can see this guy flying up boards a lot like D'Brick Ferguson did when we drafted him.

6. Alabama's Terrence Cody - How hard will it be for Mount Cody to adapt to the pros? He's the best 3-4 nose prospect in the draft and he most definitely going to play NT in the pros. Really, all Cody has to do is stay fat, strong, and take up blockers.

I don't really Ryan Mallett is NFL ready. The kid has a cannon for an arm, but he's very raw passer. If he comes out, he'll more than likely go in the first because he's so talented. I just can't label him as NFL ready yet.

CJ Spiller is definitely going to have to play in a RBBC. The guy has world class speed and hands better than most receivers, but he won't be able to take the beating. He may become a glorified return man at the next level if he's not used the right way. If Spiller ended up on a team like the Saints, he would kill in this league.

Everson Griffen is the most athletically gifted player that I've ever seen. I've never seen a guy that big run so fast.

D-Thomas has a great chance to be the first wideout selected in 2010. Bryant has character issues, Benn has been very mediocre this season, and Williams may not be a #1 wideout.

#5 Mr Electric, Nov 29, 2009
  6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think I mentioned Brown could be the first Tackle off the board, he's a stud.

I disagree about Spiller...5'11" he's just under 200lbs, he can put a little weight (10 lbs) without losing speed. He's stronger than a Sproles or Leon Washington. I do agree you can't run him into the ground, but most NFL teams use a two back system. Spiller will be fine with about 15/20 touches a game....enough to be a game changer.

What I like about Mallet......he makes smart decisions, his TD/Int ratio is one of the best in the game. that tells me alot. The Razorback receivers are decent, not exactly world class. Mallet's size and arm make him suited for the NFL. I do think Jimmy C will be a excellent QB, I was the first on this site that said he will be the #1 pick in the draft...to St Louis.

#6 WW85, Nov 29, 2009
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's what I meant when I said Spiller had to be in a RBBC (running back by committee).

Ryan Mallett is extremely inaccurate right now. He makes a lot of good decisions, but he also misses a lot of passes high and that will kill him in the NFL. The kid's got one of the strongest arms I've ever seen, and that is always important to NFL GMs.

8. chalomi

chalomi New Member

sorry just need to reply so can send pm

9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

1) Ndamukong Suh

2) Eric Berry

3) Joe Haden

4) Gerald McCoy

5) Dez Bryant

6) Sean Weatherspoon

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Spoon is one of my favorites, just a damn good football player.

11. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

1) Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
    2) Eric Berry S Tennessee
    3) Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
    4) Joe Haden CB Florida
    5) Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
    6) Sean Witherspoon LB, Missouri