One year Ago Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i've had the same thought, because of what happened in his last season in GB. Since he's ancient by football standards, its really hard to see the Vikings win the SB with the old man back there, even as amazing as he's been this season.

Besides the Vikings are just like the Eagles. right philisophy, but can never put it all together to win when it matters most.

2. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Being a fan of a great player isn't out of the ordinary. Having the obsessive, twisted logic that you spew is downright messed up.

3. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Oh, you mean that game in which Green Bay already lead up to the point of Howard's TD return? That same game in which Favre threw for 2 TDs and ran for another? Interesting....

Liar. You didn't like him from the start. He didn't blow the season. The whole team sucked down the stretch with the exception of Thomas Jones Leon Washington. Recent revelations suggest that the coach and GM had a bit of blame to shoulder themselves, since they chose the injured QB over the backups. Hate to break it to ya but the injury was legit, no matter how many conspiracy theories you try to spin from last season.

I don't think he wants people to "bow down" to that streak. That's just psychobabble being spewed from a psycho.
    Yes....Minnesota was a good team before he got there. Green Bay was a good team when Favre left them. Funny how both are great teams when he's present, don't you think? (I realized that asking if you think is a loaded question)

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Favre is playing in living room conditions this year with Adrian Peterson behind him and against mostly crappy teams, they should win most of their games. We'll see what happens when he gets out in the elements again in a big game and throws the season away trying to be the hero like he's done about 12 other times previously in his career. He's been living off of 1996 for a long time now, and trust me, Favre4Ever, as Jet fans we recognize someone living off of one great day for decades when we see it.

5. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I do trust the opinions of a few people on this board but not this one. I doubt you've watched more than a few highlights of him this season, and not much else of Favre outside of his year in New York. I've watched every game of his pro career. You really have no clue on this topic and neither does junc.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I have to admit as much as I dislike Favre he is having an amazing season. I don't think it's AP presence that's doing it for him either, he knows that system and is on top of things right now. It pisses me off that he wasn't doing this last year for the Jets.

7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

its so annoying, i mean 21 tds and 3ints, are you kidding me? I hate it, I'm just trying to block it out this year

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I haven't seen much of Favre this season and I'm not disputing he's having a great year. He's had a lot of great years, many of them have ended with him throwing a dumb pick to end his team's season. I'm saying I won't be surprised when he does it again this year, especially after playing in a dome all year with a lot of help.

9. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I'm sharing the same sentiments as many people here....that I wish Brett was doing these things as a Jet. Him playing for the Vikings would be like you guys losing your best player ever to the Patriots. Its not a sight I'd ever thought I'd see......but I've had to accept it.

Anyways....I knew something was wrong last year when guys like Cotchery were waiting on his deep ball throws. You could just tell the arm strength wasn't there. Like others have said though......playing in the west coast offense again is key to his success. Hell.....its not like the Jets had a bad running game last year.....so I don't buy it that AP is the main reason why he's succeeding. Health, the WCO in Minnesota and I think he's also very driven this year.....even moreso than last year. Those are the majors keys to his success right now IMO. Did he have some dumb picks in the playoffs in the 2nd half of his career? Absolutely. I think part of the reason why many Packers fans weren't so hard on him for them is that there were a lot of other screw ups by other players in a few of those games that may have cost us the games also. It is a team game after all.

#69 Favre4Ever, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd like to nominate this post to be stickied for use whenever the usual suspect Favre ball-washer apologists show up to explain what its like to grow up in Wisconsin without electricity, running water, or live women.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

last year turned with that next game - the miserable day AT HOME in the cold rain against Denver. Cutler vs. Favre. Young QB on the road against HOF QB at home. Cutler played so much better than Favre it wasn't funny, and any of us that braved the elements that day in the stands should never forgive him. He didn't want it. He didn't want to even be out there. We lost the game that started to ruin our season.

Cut to this year and this week. Same match-up - Cutler vs. Favre, and I doubt the results will be the same because Favre gives a sh*t this time. He never cared about us. He just bided his time to Minnesota.

Yes, I am still bitter about it too.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I ,like many of you sat in the elements that day (against Denver ) and the weather sucked and so did Favre. I am glad he is gone---and I am not rooting for him in Minny ,I am rooting against him. Selfish guy end of story

13. Dierking

^^I was at that KC game that ended in a tie. In the fucking rain, too. That really sucked.

14. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

OYAT VG had 0.0 career SCKs

VG still has 0.0 career SCKs

15. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I'll bet you live in greenwich village

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Those are the last two games I went to - Den and KC. Miserable.

17. Dierking

That's bad.

My last two were the KC tie, and a game against Dallas maybe a year or two later, JJ's first season I believe, the Jets spanked them real bad, and I was on the phone later in the week talking shit to some guy in the Dallas office of the company I worked for, telling him how miserable his team was to get beat by the Jets of all teams, and he said something like, "new program, rebuilding, isn't going to happen all at once, gonna be good in couple years, blah, blah, blah."

I could kill myself.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

One grown man fawning over another one isn't exactly normal.

19. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I guess I'll have to ask you for something other than my screen name as proof of my "fawning". You should probably start by proving you even know what that word means, since I find it highly unlikely that you do.

20. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. The team was 8-3, leading the division and just came off of two monster road wins at New England and Tennessee......yet Favre wanted to pack it in for the season and had Minnesota on his mind. LOL.....some of you guys sure crack me up with your whacked out theories.