Kerry Rhodes (BENCHED!)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HarveyTheJetFan, Nov 25, 2009.

1. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I'm on summer holidays now ('till March :grin:) and I'm the same. Rockin NBA Jam.

I'm glad he's getting benched, hopefully it lights that fire. If he whines about it, he can go get rooted.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

I'm glad Rex Ryan benched him. But this was done for two reasons...

1) First and foremost, Kerry was no playing to his ability. He reminds me of Randy Moss in the way that he takes plays off. He always comes to the ball late, and when he makes mistakes; he's not making them at "full speed", as most of us like to say it.

2) Secondly, and this one is probably not so obvious. I think this is an attempt by Rex to save face with the fanbase. I don't think this move would've been made if Kerry was under-performing and the fans/media didn't like Rex.

As far as the whole thing goes, I think Eric Smith will fill in nicely for a couple weeks; if not the rest of the season. He (Smith), realizes that this is his opportunity to step it up. The Eric Smith of this year reminds me of the Abram Elam of last year. He makes bit hits, and comes up big when we need him to, but he plays almost two yards off the receiver on almost every single play. Because of this, he usually gives up the big receptions for 20-30 yards. I do love that he gives is 110%. Big hits, big time INT's, blocked punts, hard sacks. I think this is an improvement over what we've had the past few weeks, so I'm happy with the move.

P.S. - Let's not forget that Smith was the guy that basically stopped Edelman from making that big time last reception of the game in our first meeting with the Pats. I'll always remember that play.

3. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Now that is a coach! I've been sick of Rhodes for a while now. And who knows? If we keep losing then maybe we'll draft Eric Berry!

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Since this is one of the best Defensive NFL Drafts' in a really long time, I say we bench Lito for the rest of the season, this way we don't have to give up anymore than we have to. Lose out the rest of the season, and rack up them draft picks, lol.

5. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

Now I have something else to be thankful for tomorrow! It's about time....

6. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

7. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

or fragile.

8. jetsflyinginjersey

Great move by Rex. Smith may not be the better athlete or player, but he plays hard and hits hard.

9. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

You win!:rofl:

10. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Thank goodness- I like how E. Smith plays. He doesn't have the athletic tools of Rhodes, but he brings it 100% of the time unlike Rhodes.

Karako suits FTW

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

:lol: Best comment of the thread!

I say sit Kerry's ass. He's been doing pitifully all season, and he's poorly suited to a run first Carolina offense anyway. And good for Rex Ryan for getting real.

12. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I love Rex Ryan, win or lose, I just love this guy.

GREAT MOVE!

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you don't bench a guy, and then expect to get a whole lot for him in a trade. not only that, but team owner johnson has to decide wether or not he wants to eat the loss of kerry's huge contract. that's the biggie, right there. big dough, especially when you look at the others, ghost & faneca.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Another team might see his value, just like we did with Braylon.

I know he wasn't benched but his rep wasn't exactly the best.

If coached right Kerry should be one of the best safeties in the league.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I am starting to think Rhodes is replaceable. This is a good way to send a message to the team, funtime is over, time to get after it, or get off the field. I like Rhodes and hope this lights a fire under him, and the rest of the team.

16. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

What?

How about if Kerry Rhodes put in the work needed to become a great NFL player, week in and week out, instead of tweeting to his tweeples all the fucking time?

With Kerry, it's not the coaching that's the problem.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If a coach can get his damn attention and direct in the right direction. I'm not saying this is Rex's fault at all.

I think just now Rex is realizing what this guy is about and hopefully this lights a fire under is ass and doesn't just make him a even bigger baby.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if one of the best D coordinators in the league as his head coach can't coach him right, what is it going to take?

what is being missed by the Jets that you think he needs?

19. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

best move rex will make this year. he needs to see that sitting the bench aint hollywood and start working hard.

20. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Good job Rex!! And I am someone who for the last two years has been telling everyone I work with that he could be as good as Troy and Ed Reed (yeah, what the f*ck was I thinking? Got fooled by two years ago and assumed Mangini had him out of place). I even have his jersey......the last jersy I even got before that was Chads. Well at least I have something to wipe my ass with next time I get stranded on the bowl with no TP. F*ck you Rhodes!