One year Ago Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I understand it perfectly, we got there three times with Chad and advanced twice, so you are wrong, it didn't end with an appearance.

When you look back at it, getting there with New England in our division was no small feat and advancing twice was even better. After losing to Chad with Favre last year and sitting here at 4-6 with no shot, I'll take a playoff appearance with a chance to go on right about now.

2. Italian Seafood

Apparently. As long as the QB can throw the deep ball they don't seem to care who catches it.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

For example, this year I don't mind missing the Playoffs because we're teaching a QB who may have the potential to get us to the SB. Pennington doesn't have that potential.

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I've seen lesser QB's get to their teams to the Super Bowl so I have a hard time believing such a thing.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I have seen Pennington getting rattled in the Playoffs every time he's been there. He's, what, 32 years old now? There's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Pennington can lead a team to the SB. None.

I'd rather take a step back and miss the Playoffs while developing a QB who can lead his team to the SB, than make the Playoffs knowing we'll lose in the first or second round each time.

#45 The Uniform Bomber, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This year is different, we are developing a QB. But last year we had an easy sched and all the parts around the QB to not only make the postseason but make a deep run and we failed to even make it.

Barring a miracle 6 game win streak this will be the first time we have missed the postseason 3 straight years since 1995, 1996, 1997.

7. Italian Seafood

Boy those were fun years.

8. nyjunc

'97 was fun actually winning games again but of course we blew that season late.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Missing the dance for a handful of years might not be bad medicine to Jets fans who are spoiled with us making it regularly. It seems to go on as an under-appreciated event anymore.

10. Italian Seafood

At the very least maybe some of these crybabies will appreciate the people who actually got us there a few times.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You mean when he led them down the field with 2 minutes to play to beat the Chiefs?

Give me a break nyjunc. Does that mean Carson Palmer is not as good as Bruce Gradkowski and Donovan Mcnabb not as good as Russell, seeing as the Raiders beat both of them this season.

Favre was a great investment. Wish we still had him. We'd be better than 4-6.

12. nyjunc

yes, when he led that "comeback" against the 2-14 Chiefs. do you remember why we needed that last drive? B/c moments earlier up 21-17 deep in KC territory he threw an INT for a TD.

We would be better w/ him this year but he never wanted to be here and was just cashing a check. Did you see that inspiring pregame talk he gave the guys before the week 17 game?

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I will readily agree that Favre is a great QB, however, his heart was never into playing for the Jets and if you think so you are fooling yourself. We were a means to an end to his eventually going to the Vikings.

14. Italian Seafood

:beer: Exactly. Like the kid who starts a fire and then gets rewarded for putting it out.

15. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I agree. I have to admit that I'm enjoying this thread though. nyjunc is torn up inside with Brett's success in Minnesota. I love it!

16. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Damn....I really think junc is psycho.

17. nyjunc

I know he'll blow it somehow the way he has most of his career except the time he was rescued by Desmond Howard.

I used to like Favre until he blew a potentially good season last year and then made excuses for his poor play. he wants everyone to bow down to his ironman streak then whines about playing hurt- you can't have it both ways Brett.

Minny would have been a really good team w/ or w/o him this year and he will choke like he always does in the next month or 2.

18. nyjunc

Says the guy who is infatuated w/ another man and follows him from City to City.

19. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

ahahahahahaha very nice.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ha, Junc wins.