17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Everyone who bought a psl did so, because they are going to go to games.. Yes iceberg ahead for the resellers !! And thats what pisses you off, you dont have bragging rights for all your friends now..you wont be able to tell us how you sold this and that, and made all your money and going to games were free for you.. Thats the difference now and you cant stand it.Are you going tro flip those seats your friend in the sideline is selling you?Boy isnt he the lucky one, already hes able to unload 4 of the less desirable
    games

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey ticket selling is dead. Jets are charging more than secondary. I think I got a good deal of my sideline tickets. They are the 140 tickets on the aisle around 15 rows back. At at start of season guy picks his four regular games and I get rest. I think I still get bragging rights as they are great seats.

I never said I would not buy a PSL. I said when Jets offer rock bottom deals or in secondary they are going cheap I would buy a PSL. I am taking the chance PSLs are really a good investment and I will be shut out forever. I think it is a roll of a dice right now. 50/50 on PSLs being great.

As many people said PSLs takes tickets out of scalpers hands, that is true. However, three people I know who bought PSLs will sell me tickets at face at start of season. They are not scalpers and just want to unload tickets to games they can't make and not risk what just happened today.

Following your logic the GWB, Lincoln and Holland Tunnel should all have personal Jets Licenses that guarnatee you can use them on game day, but of course with a higher toll. I am a HUGE JETS fan. Between, cousin, bil and me I have 7 tickets in UD near each other.

I hope Jets PSLs double in value and I am stuck in UD for life. I am just playing it safe.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHS to U best check Woody's record since he became owner of the NYJs before taking money out of your pocket for a PSL that U R expecting to rise

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Does this mean you're trying to get out of kissing my ass in Macy's window on New Year's Eve wearing your Sanchez jersey?

This isn't fair.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

True fan or not, I think many people went into the PSLs assuming they could flip them at break even or at a profit at a later date should they need to, so it's an investment or at the very least a valuable asset. Hopefully that pans out for people, ticket prices will be key.

Even if the Jets do well next year I think 2010 is going to be a total disaster. The opener will be sold out but then the Jets will have half sold games with a week to go and they're going to have fire sales to avoid blackouts. It's going to be a PR nightmare and hopefully the right outcome will be that starting in 2011 prices will be readjusted inline with reality and PSLs will then hold their value.

6. Section 227. Row 5

But let's not forget that right after the 2010 season ends, PSLs can officially come on the market in March of 2011. That's only 16 months away.

So I'm not so sure how well the PSLs will hold their value, because for anyone who wants out (or has to get out), this is their first opportunity. Supply and Demand... it might become a buyer's market on those things, especially if (a) Woody raises ticket prices and (b) we have a bad 2010 season. From the looks of this team right now and Woody's track record, it's reasonable to assume that both (a) and (b) could happen.

Look out below.

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'd venture to guess that a passbook savings account generating 1.5% interest will pay greater dividends than a NY Jets PSL.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am wearing my green visor and bringing my slide rule, pocket protector and calculator to next few games to do my new chat.

Are you ready Jets fans? Sing with me?

15 Dollar
    15 Dollar Football Tickets

15 Dollar
    15 Dollar Football Tickets

Screw you Fireman Ed and the PSL you rode in on. Now I just have to find the idiot to let him stand on my shoulders. Tell you what free season tickets to the guy I can stand on. Hey 10 games times 15 bucks is only $150 bucks for Jets Season tickets.

9. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

This is a board of JET Fans.. with the majority who have been season ticket holders for many years. Those of us buying psls are not looking for the flip..We go to games..

10. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Blah Blah Blah Row One.. The Spoiled Little Baby Who Is Taking His Ball And Going Home..why Dont You Find Some Other Team To Root For, You And The C Browns Would Be A Perfect Match...exactly What Is Your Point On This Thread..

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There is no point to my thread. BTW I have had season tickets in my immediate family since the first day in the Meadowlands. I was stuck in last row under Hess sign 30 years ago. I only put a tickets in my name this year. cause Jets told me I had zero chance of getting into UD in new stadium without tickets in 2009. Which was not true.

My complaint is I think Jets should eat some tickets, doing these crazy deals is just dumb. Just give the tickets to widows, children, orphans, disabled vets etc. Putting them on-line in a never ending parade of cheaper and cheaper tickets cheapens the whole product.

BMW never did employee pricing or zero down zero % financing as it cheapens the brand and ruins its resale. Plus hard to charge full price once you gave it away. Jets need to learn about marketing a high end product. PSLs are an investment whether you like it or not.

12. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Don't be ridiculous. This is out of the ordinary. its the Jets organization peddling thru their approved ticket brokers seats for $15. That never happened at Shea b/c there were no online ticket brokers back then.

For the jets organization to try to peddle $15 tix online is the lowest of the low. Yes, the secondary market for jets seats goes to about $20 in Dec. during a usual pitiful jets season. But for the organization to attempt to hawk seats for $15 and then ask you to buy a psl is a sad joke.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That I agree with. I thought you ment just Jet tickets in general going on the cheap, that happens all the time. This is the first year the Jets themselves have had to deal with tickets as the season goes along since the 70s Shea days.

14. Section 227. Row 5

The thing I don't get is (and certainly the Jets are aware of how difficult it is for them to move the tickets now), what part of "overpriced" (both PSLs AND ticket prices) do they not understand?

It's absolutely incredible to me that the Jets are not addressing this head on. It had to be painfully obvious to them months and months ago that things were not moving well, yet they continue with this charade.

I'm fine with that now and content to let them sink or swim... I'm serious. I don't care whether this team has financial difficulties or not now. Let the team be sold if this all falls flat on its face. Woody Johnson has had numerous opportunities to restructure the finances, to enable his most loyal of ticketholders to buy in reasonably and to make it more affordable for people even on the waitlist (who had very reasonable expectations of some day being a "Season Ticketholder") to be able to get in the door.

But Oh No! We've got to gouge them... all of them. So now it's "Fuck You, Woody Johnson," and everyone on your staff who had a hand in ripping off every last ounce of loyalty from your die-hard fans.

15. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Excatly! It's not an investment, it's the price we pay to be able to attend games. I wish I didn't have to pay for the PSL, but if it's the only way into a decent seat, then I have no choice.

16. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Totally agree. Leon Hess would roll over in his grave if he knew what was happening to the die hards.

woody is absolutely the worst sports owner in history. He has completely destroyed his own fan base. It will get even worse for him in 2011 when there is mass exodus of the overpriced upper deck seats. Simple math--when the jets were good, great seats in the upper deck could barely fetch $100, and for some reason woody and the rest of the brain trust believes die hards will pay MORE for less in 2011? No they won't. They'll walk.

Fans will come in 2010 out of curiosity. In 2011 though, if you were paying $75 now, you are definitely not going to pay $105 for a corner upper deck seat that is further from the field. The stadium will not be half full.

If woody had an ounce of sense, and worked and earned his money instead of inheriting it, he would come on TV and announce the mistake and beg forgiveness. This includes slashing ALL prices to show good will to the loyal and screwed over fans. That's his only chance to avoid the 1/2 full stadium and scorn of all loyal fans.

#4316 backtoshea, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually if you bought a 4k or 5k PSL you are guaranteeing you will have a bad seat going forrward> tickets for seats in 10k to 15k PSL sections are already selling at face for next year.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ELLSWORTH
    This is a board of JET Fans.. with the majority who have been season ticket holders for many years. Those of us buying psls are not looking for the flip..We go to games..

Excatly! It's not an investment, it's the price we pay to be able to attend games. I wish I didn't have to pay for the PSL, but if it's the only way into a decent seat, then I have no choice.

18. Section 227. Row 5

No, they're not. But I'm tired of trying to convince you and wonder why I've even tried.

If you think a PSL is a good investment, I don't want to know what your 401K looks like.

19. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Dont bother having a pissing contest with a dick like row one...He doesnt get it, he never will, because he doesnt know about sharing games with family and friends, he can tell us his family has had seats for 30 years,, but he hasnt been going that long to games. To him the Jets are a side biz, of buying tickets and selling iof bragging and blah blah blah ..and the PSLs put him out of biz..

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member