Whats up with the bomb to Moss at the end?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 73klecko, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

OK, but that's ancient history at this point.

That being said, I don't see the big deal. It was a play, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. One last shot at Revis, no doubt. It got stopped...like Revis stopped pretty much everything else all day...except for that hinky goal line play of course - which was pretty fucking smart I admit. I'm bettin they won't get him with that one again.....

2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Yep. The Jets deserved to be humiliated after the way they conducted themselves earlier this year. Hate to say it, but the Pats' organization is everything that I wish the Jets' was. Sure, you can argue that Belichick is a douche of a human being but his coaching ability more than makes up for that.

Honestly, I don't know that I've been more embarrassed to be a fan of this team since the Kotite era.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You wish dey wuz Cheater and video tape their opponents, oh and all dat shit?

BB is a bitch that likes to run up the score, and like many of said that's why most of the league hates them.

59-0 and still passing the ball, classless and you can take that shit to da bank yo.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Right now, the only thing that Tom Brady is soaking up is an ice tub.

5. HughC

HughC New Member

Did you even watch that game? They emptied their bench after the first series of the second half. Yeah, they were still passing the ball, but not deep down the field. They were throwing screens and five yard slants, big deal; that's pretty much their version of a running play with their offense. What were they supposed to do, start taking a knee on every snap for the last twenty minutes?

As far as running up the score goes, if you don't like it then stop the other team. This ain't soccer for 8-year olds where they don't keep score and every kid brings home a trophy. Frankly I was expecting more of this if they got a lead based on what was said in preseason, in the week leading up to the first game, the history between the teams, and the fact they lost in week two to the Jets.

6. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Moss in 2 games has one play past 10 yards and that was 13 yards with the jets in zone..

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You said it, my man. Could not have said it better myself.

I do believe that play at the end, with 0:25 left, was completely tasteless and classless......and Revis still won the matchup. Stick it up your ass Randy Moss, thats my tasteless/classless rebuttle to you.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

WOW-

I didn't read your post, because I saw the first sentence and you obviously can't pickup what I'm putting down.

Did you even read my post, or whatever it was that was written?? lol
    Thank god you work in a warehouse.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

One way to look at it would be that he had a lack of confidence in his D to stop the best QB in the league and other then Reggie Wayne a bunch of no name WRs.

Now I didn't play at any high level but I did play D and if my coach did that I would take it as a slap in the face....unfortunately for the Jets it looks like the Pats D got the message.

As for the bomb...who cares. It didn't work and only adds to the hatred. I'm sure the Jets will stick in the face of Brady next year when they win in NY. It's a rivalry I'll get over it. Now if it was the Dolphins I'd be looking to hurt somebody.

10. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

:rofl:

It's ok. If I was a Red Sox fan I'd pretend that the second half of 2009 didn't happen either.

11. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

This guy knows. Fuck class, this is the NFL.

12. blantyr

blantyr Member

Wait until next year...

I have another theory on that pass play. It was a bit unusual. The Patriots generally put in the second or third string when the game is won, but continue to play hard but conservative. It's a bad idea not to be doing your best, so they do their best. They will try to move the ball, get first downs, without taking silly chances.

Brady to Moss deep was unusual that late in the game.

But it wasn't necessarily a matter of ego or rubbing it in. Last week's game plan for the Jets seemed to be 'stop Moss.' Not a bad idea. Lots of teams try to stop Moss. The Jets pretty much did it. You seldom see Moss held in check as much as happened last Sunday.

But the purpose might be for next time. He might want the Jets to spend more effort stopping Moss. The more the Jets play angry, the more they focus on Moss, the better off Welker will be.

Just a theory. I don't claim to understand what BB was really thinking.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

This = Win :beer:

14. Kenny

Kenny New Member

the jets were playing a lot of one on one with Moss and revis a lot..Losing 2 corners in the game we had to have guys like marquis cole cover wes welker

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Instead of moaning/groaning over a play that means zero you all should be worrying as to why our D allowed Welker almost 200 yards & like 15 catches. That is far, far more important IMHO then a play that meant NOTHING

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

because drew coleman and cole were covering him with strickland out and lowery out and lito banged up

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

did you ever figure out that rubix cube, Champ?

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Welker, when healthy easily gets to 100 catches a year in the Pats system. 15 is extreme, but not out of reach for him.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i believe they are using that as the official motto now on nflnetwork

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Alert the media - Psycho Bill is a classless bitch.

Who knew?