17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Who needs to calculate? Not much calculation required, I'm afraid.

This is going to be an annual prostate exam. Just watch those ticket prices after 2010... we ain't seen nothin' yet.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey, I know I am a doom and gloom person. But I am not the one selling $15 dollar football tickets. Bottom line, with zero PSL in new stadium they may not have sold all the seats given the large price increases. $500 and $700 hundred dollar seats in sections that were only $105 a ticket last year would be hard enough to pull off. I know plenty a folk who think $95 dollar is insane for last row UD EZ when you have to buy pre-season and parking is $250.

Right now I have one friend in 4k mezz PSL who plans on going to half the games, one friend in the $195 seats who promised me one game and one guy already said I can have four of his Jets sideline games at face with no preseason. Only catch is I get the four regular season games he does not want and no parking. If people are offering me tickets at face what is purpose of PSL? I am still holding my crap seats PSL free seats as a hedge, but if Jets lose next three I am going to ask for my 1k deposit back. Unlike PSL people the Jets 500 buck per seat deposit is fully refundable. The last ten rows of ud ez may get Unsold if the Jets keep smelling up the joint.

3. Section 227. Row 5

True. The more we lose, the less desirable all the seats will become. I disagree with those who think the 2010 season will be sold out. That won't happen until (a) we have winning seasons and (b) the economy straightens out. Both could take 2-3 years minimum.

Until then, we're going to see more of these military-type discounts, even going into the 2010 season in the new stadium. Look for other ways for them to sell seats... AARP discounts, buy a Jets credit card and get two premium seats for face value (no PSL required), team up with Modell's and spend $100 in the store and get two more tickets at face or less than face... things like that to put it up the PSL-payor's buttocks. What the hell, they'll already have the PSLs in their pockets... they can do whatever they want after that because they know the PSLers can't walk away no matter how pissed they get. They're stuck but good.

#4283 Section 227. Row 5, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm just glad I'm in right now with no PSL and $1,000 down. If this blows up on them and I can later parlay that into better seats I'll look into it. If not then whatever, I'll still be going to the games, which is purpose #1.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Of course it will be sold out, you just have to wait for those $15 "military" specials to avoid the TV blackouts like this week. What a joke, it's panic time!

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Best is two beers at the game costs more than your $15 dollar ticket. Even better, why go all the way to $15, wasn't 20 bucks cheap enough?

My favorite insult is Jet ticket exchange won't even let you sell below face so Jets undercut their own fans. On wall street that is called frontrunning. Putting your orders in ahead of customer.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Who picks these passwords anyways? They're so obviously made to be guessed they don't even try to hide it. They can't publicly tell the world, "hey you don't need season tickets, buy whatever single game you want here at a discount", because that would piss off season ticket holders. So instead they pretend you need special access when in reality they don't care who has the baby-easy password and in fact encourage people to buy as many seats as possible because they can't give them away for some reason.

If it were a real season ticket holder password, it would be something like "JT2MS2" and different for everyone instead of "FOOTBALL". The military password would be "USA882GO1" instead of "MILITARY". Above all they would actually verify that you're a season ticket holder or in the military and put a ticket limit on you. Jets are in BIG trouble!

#4287 GordonGecko, Nov 24, 2009
  8. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is nothing out of the ordinary when the team goes bad and the weather gets cold. Plus, the last three opponents are not big draws, no rivalries or anything. Even when they had a huge waiting list these kind of games go for about $15-20 tops.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description 220
    10 - 11
    Price Level 1
    MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING TypeFULL PRICE TICKETTicket PriceUS $140.00 x 2 Price Details Convenience ChargeUS $12.50 x 2
    SUBTOTALUS $305.00

The same seat allotment, same row in section 240 (direct opposite side) was $45 total including taxes and fees with military discount. $45 vs. $305?????

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

This is just one more move, in the Jets front office Hall of Shame. They attack the ignorant masses, and hope they pay $305, or in my case have paid $230 ($115 face each for 2 Mezz seasons). Or, you can play the new waiting game, which I have now decided to subscribe to. Why would I purchase tickets to 2010 now, when they keep breaking me down week by week with this bullshit? Not sure who decides to pull this nonsense, but I have never seen anything like it. If this is a sign of things to come, then I wouldn't give the Jets another penny of my money. And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone who has decided to go after a PSL, or non-PSL tickets. Just what I see, and these stunts have altered my thinking going forward. I still love this team, but I'd like to see this front office fail.

12. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Italian seafood you are absolutely right, when we were back at shea, and team was 4-8, you couldnt give them away, its no different..Met tickets in sept? same thing.. So stop it with the Jets are sinking to new lows getting rid of tickets..So row one I ask you when your buddy sells you at face the last 4 games of the year and the jets are totally where they are now.. what r you going to do.. who would be the fool then..or would you reneg on your friends. For all of us that are long time season ticket holders this is what
    happens when things go bad..doom and gloom, remember how many of us refused to buy playoff tickets, when the Jets snuck in the last game of the season..Opening up playoff tickets for the general public for the first time ever.. The Jets are the Jets..yes the same old Jets..and if people want to go see them to carry on the tradition of their family, dont come on here and contantly annoy them with your crap..Like I said row one, I dont hate the playa I just hate the game that you play.

#4292 ELLSWORTH, Nov 24, 2009
  13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

El, I sold my last three games of the year, 12 tickets had a face of $1,220. Funny part I had family parties to go to around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, so it was not amazing planning on my part. Those same 12 tickets are now worth. 12x15= $180 bucks. At this point even if you want to go to games you might as well donate your $115 ticket to charity, get a $45 buck deduction and buy them back for $15 bucks on line.

There are some real long term fans of the Jets who may not be able to make at Thanksgving, Christmas or New Years game, the next three games are all holiday weekend, these guys threw the tickets up on a fan site, stubhub or ticket exchange at face hoping with fees to get back 90% of cost. Jets just took them to the cleaners, those tickets are now worthless. With a 10% stubhub fee to buyers you have to list your tickets at something like $13,50 to match box office and then as seller you pay 15% fee. That means you get a lousy, $11.50 a ticket for your $115 mezz tickets. Now that is just to match Jets price. Lets hope the ignorant masses buy on stubhub and ticket exchange and will pay full price.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

2002 playoff tix where open to the public

15. Section 227. Row 5

I'm coming up with these 4 tickets offered to me right now with the military discount:

New York Jets vs. Carolina Panthers
    Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
    Sun, Nov 29, 2009 01:00 PM

Section 316
    Row 18
    Seats 11-14
    Price Level 4
    UPPER LEVEL SEATING TypeMilitary DiscountTicket PriceUS $15.00 x 4 Price Details Convenience ChargeUS $7.15 x 4
    SUBTOTALUS $88.60

"Price level 4" must be the military discount. If I plug in that I'm a season ticketholder, the price is much higher. But at $88.60 military, with the extra charges, it still breaks down to only $22 per seat. Not a bad price, and I'm not even in the military anymore. Ridiculous.

16. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Come on if the Jets were 8-2. people would find a way to be at the games. or sell them for a nice markup.. You know what I think... What pisses a guy like you off so much about the psls is that you cant make the quick money selling.its an investment for you that wont pay off..

17. Section 227. Row 5

Row One needs to buy me a case of Corona because I'm probably the one who pushed him over the edge to not buy the PSLs as "an investment" for resale.

Row One, I saved you a couple of grand a year. If you can't come up with the case of Corona, the least you can do is kiss my ass in Macy's window on New Years Eve and let 17a take the picture and post it here.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey 227, I feel like the guy on the Titanic who kept yelling IceBerg ahead. If I had tickets on stubhub or ticket exchange still I would lower my price sooner than later.

Scalpers will buy these tickets on line and throw them back up for $60 bucks.

19. Section 227. Row 5

And I want you wearing a Sanchez jersey too.

20. Section 227. Row 5

17a, how many pixels is your digital camera? I want a clear shot.