What is your biggest Concern at moment about Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ToddisGod, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Rex Ryan certainly has been guilty of in game decisions, clock management, use of timeout etc... This is easily chalked up to being a Rookie HC and I have the utmost confidence he will improve in these areas.

The part of Rex Ryans make up that scares me is his blind love/ faith in his players, coaches etc..... The response on this site is that everyone is happy and thrilled he has stood up and said he is going to be more involved in the offense. I have issue in the way he announced it though. He seemed more concerned protecting and not "hurting Shcotty's" feelings that he seemed genuinely interested in making the changes that need to be made.
    I think this "trait" he possesses has hindered his ability to perhaps bench Sanchez for a 1/2 against buffalo. Allowed Shcotty to continue too "showcase" for a bigger job rather then do what is best for the team.
    His in game mistakes that for the most part are correctable how however been tainted by this faith also. His comment after the Miami game was he never doubted that his defense would make a stop so why use a timeout. I love the faith but still no need to not use the timeouts. Kicking to Ginn was stubborness also.

Do our players really FEAR. They may lose there jobs. The one time that I felt someone felt a bit threatened was Thomas Jones about week 4. He believed his carries were going to be taken away by Greene if he did step up. He has been a very good ever sense. Problem with this example is I don't believe it was Ryan attempting to light fire under Jones more just seeing what Greene could do.

Players need to feel they are playing for there job and playing time each and every Sunday. Parcells used to tell his players that he was not only willing to replace them with anyone on the roster he thought might do a better job then them, he would replace them with anyone in the league/ on the street who might produce better then them.
    Nice guys have and can win in this league- problem is you need Manning or Elway to be your QB. Otherwise you need to coach to gain respect but also strike fear in your players that they will do whatever it takes to win and that means spewing as much venom on there own players and coaches as it does the opposing team.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Lack of Administration on the sidelines and overseeing all phases of the game.

I also think the bravado is getting in the way of whats best for the game (like Revis not touching Welker all game)

i don't know how focused these players are, because twice this team has had success (8-3) and 3-0 this year and then you hear about the team getting too confident. There is no leader who focuses everyone in that locker room.

Much needs to be done, but the potential is there. I do need my QB to be mentored by someone who understands he's a rookie.

3. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Lack of preperation. Stupid penalties, And the jets inability to score in the last 5 mins of every game. Thats on the coach.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think that you are starting enough threads.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah, he needs to understand that in the 3 hours in which he is coaching a football game nobody cares about his bravado, not even his team. Not saying they tune him out, but after last season's success with TY LAW on Moss with Kerry Rose over the top you would think he would give that a shot. Yeah, Revis took Moss out of the game but Welker had a game for the ages.

And he hasn't fired Schotty yet lol jk

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

who's kerry rose?

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

that pussy that plays safety for the jets

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the lack of gameplan in the first half.it seems like he can make the adjustments after he see's how the opponent is playing them.but he doesn't seem to have the forsight to expect it.so we constantly struggle in the first half.if he could come up with a better gameplan to start with we might be able to afford the rookie mistakes that kill us now.

p.s. i'm also concerned with his cholesterol

9. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

That he is going to have a massive heart attack.

10. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The team does not seem to be ready to play at gametime. Unnervingly reminds me of the Edwards and Mangini teams

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am concerned Rex will lose his confidence (the one thing he has) and will become worthless and become Dick Jauron like.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm concerned that he might hug the President to hard next year and be taken down violently.

This is our guy for years to come, even through all this crap how could you not love him?

He better search high and low though for someone to really take Mark under his wing.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My fear is he's going to read this board and think Jets fans are a bunch of emo pansies.

14. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Your so on, As I was thinking about it all this morning. A concern that I have is who are our leaders on this team. True Leaders?? I think Rex Ryan thought it was Bart Scott- he is to unrational and just not as good a player as I thought. On offense I don't think Braylon has been around long enough. It never seems to be a Offensive Line man.

Our two possible candidates are Thomas Jones and Darrelle Revis- it just not seem to be in there make up.

If the rumors were true that we were going to bring in Scott or Lewis and we opted for Lewis , perhaps this was the first big mistake.

Whats your thoughts on this NDMick

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't think you should ever say any player on your team, no matter who it is, what position, is not capable of playing themselves out of the game. Ryan does not use fear as a motivating factor. I wish fear were not needed. Human nature says it is.

Parcells would not have this problem.

16. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Not sure why this concern has developed about scoring last. We have made 4 4th qtr comebacks correct? We are supposed to be a defensive / running team. To me that says we want our defense on the field at the end. If we have the ball and the lead our biggest concern is eating clock not scoring.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He is Rex Ryan. He already knows.

18. someone

someone New Member

I wonder if the Rex talks too much and too big. I understand that he uses this approach to help the jets, and I think it works to some extent. But if you talk big, you have to be careful. You are walking a fine line and putting yourself in the crosshair of many people.

Why does he have to whine about been disrespected by the pats when they throw a bomb during the last minute when the game was already decided? Before you jump all over me, and yes, I am a pats fan, tell me that making all the former pats players the captains only for the jets-pat game (even those that barely play…) is not a huge DIS.

I think that other than a bad QB, your team is as good as any team in our division.

19. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

I think your right, I don't think though that Ryan bringing up the bomb is because is surprised him. I just feel its his nature to find things to not like about opposing teams. In doing so it does make him a target yes. I believe though in the long run it will help as I believe it will dictate on occasion that teams do things that are not in the best interest in winning but rather getting back at Rex.
    One thing I do have faith in with Ryan is there is a method to his madness.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He will just cry along with us.