17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I have to agree with that. Giants stadium is a "real stadium" - built for the sole purpose of watching football - not a bad seat in the house really. It's also an easy-in, easy-out stadium. The way they designed the escalators to take you directly to your seats is great. From the pictures of the new stadium, it doesn't look like it will be that easy (plus, I see a lot of steps). It's ashame that they will take down this place since it functions so well and there's really nothing wrong with it.

All the people I've talked to that have gone to the new Yankee Stadium have loved it. But the comment I heard more than any other was that it was almost like going to a carnival; baseball didn't seem like the main attraction - just one of the attractions there. They said this in a positive way though. I think this may be the reaction the Jets/Giants get next year as well.

2. joejets1

joejets1 Member

The fact of the matter is, after going through a horrendous Mets season at a new stadium that had but just a few sellouts and very empty crowds from July on, even with there new stadium. If the Jets are 4-6 next year and struggling to make the playoffs there will be plenty of empty seats no matter how nice and how good the ammentities may actually be at the new stadium.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I suppose all this was inevitable. People today are spoiled, they truly are. Amenities, frills, creature comforts and "bigger and more lavish" is better and take the place of real fun. It's no wonder people don't go skiing much anymore, or ice skating. "It's too cold out there and besides, it's dangerous and little Jason might catch a cold." Little Jason will wind up a panty-waist little wus of a grownup just like his parents were and never experience the thrill. And those that do go spend most of the day in the ski lodge, just like most of the newbies in the new stadium who will spend the day in the warmth of the cocktail lounges, watching the fucking game on TV (ridiculous if you ask me).

My wife's relatives live 5 miles from Hofstra and have rarely gone go to any of the free TC camps, yet I travelled 5 hours round trip in heavy traffic on the Belt to go to many of them. "The bleachers are SO hard and it's too hot and you can get sunburned out there." Now they tell me they miss going and what a shame it is that the Jets left them high and dry and they should have gone when they had the chance. Well, WTF man.

And it's all about perception. Even the seats are different colors to give the illusion that there are fans there. That is so fucked up it's laughable. Price the place realistically and you won't have to worry about the "illusion" of anything or what TV viewers think. And you accomplish something else. You actually have fans in attendance... real Jets fans, not the Mary Kay Cosmetics Saleslady Of The Year and her husband from Des Moines, IA, a half-assed Bears fan at best.

Except for a handful of Jets fans that truly appreciate good tailgating and having fun in the parking lot before the game (no matter what the temps or weather), most of the PSL newbies coming to the new palace will take it indoors where it's "safer, more comfortable and we can relax in upscale comfort and get decent food," unlike the fucking Neanderthals outside with the smoke and cold beer in the 30-degree windchill. What assholes.

I hope this all comes full circle some day. I hope, after people get their fill of this and get all of this comfort shit out of their systems, that they wind up looking outside with their little snot-noses pressed up against the glass, saying, "I wish I was out there in the parking lot. Those people look like they're having fun. I'm sick and tired of this cocktail lounge and these crappy, greasy french fries that cost me $15 and the beer that just set me back $18 a bottle. We should go outside next time and bundle up with some blankets and do like those other people are doing. This way we could take pictures of ourselves and try to convince people at work what a die-hard Jets fan we are."

But I doubt it. By then, a whole new generation of namby-pamby, panty-waisted, spoiled little snot-nosed whimps will have been born to their parents of similar upbringing, and by then who knows what they'll demand in the way of a football stadium? Maybe one that's a "virtual stadium." One that doesn't have to be built even. The Jets can play in an enclosed room somewhere with no fans in attendance at all, and yet everyone can "give the illusion" to others that they "attended" a Jets game yesterday and, "Oh boy, was that a real ass-kicker! You should have been there!"

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

No but tell us how you really feel :)

5. Section 227. Row 5

I left out the part where I consider them bed-wetting, snivelling little piles of parrot droppings.

6. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

7. Section 227. Row 5

For that kind of money you should grab them. Surely SOMEBODY out there wants to see our season spiral further out of control.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

whats the password jets? football?

9. Section 227. Row 5

The password is "losers."

10. Section 227. Row 5

I typed in "Woody Sucks" and unfortunately, it's incorrect.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

was it rodimus? i thought you were talkin about the yankees. my bad!

227 you should try college football, rutgers isnt that far away... penn state is a little ways but i am sure the experience is better. its too bad we are so hoighty toighty up here in the northeast and accept nothing but the best. i would rather see a great college game anyway... much more fun, much less bullshit.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

HA HA HA HA HA HA - Anyone want a pair of Mezz tickets right from Jets!!

New York Jets vs. Carolina Panthers
    Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
    Sun, Nov 29, 2009 01:00 PM

Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description 220
    9 - 10
    Price Level 1
    MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING TypeMilitary DiscountTicket PriceUS $15.00 x 2 Price Details Convenience ChargeUS $7.15 x 2
    SUBTOTALUS $44.30

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't agree. I'm a huge Vols fan and I have been to Neyland Stadium 4 times, seen Michigan play Ohio State in the Big House, Rutgers in the Texas Bowl, and having lived in Brunfus for my first 23 years, have been to Piscataway more than a few times.

Live football is live football no matter how you cut it. It rocks. However, I would rather watch Saturday football on TV so I can find filler and switch between games.

At Jets games, its all about the Jets. No filler needed.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

So if you have four seasts in Mezz, you paid for last three games of season $460 x 3 = $1,380 for tickets that are now worth

$60 x 3 = $180.

The Jets just picked your pocket for $1,200 bucks.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

wow that's lame

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Aren't you going to calculate food and beer too?

I see how you love doing calculations of how the Jets are ramming it up everyones ass.

It is BS though, that long time season ticket holders pay more, this season has certainly been a mess.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Rodimus, when I rent a car from Hertz I don't go into consumer reports. When I buy a car I look into resale and how much I will enjoy car and how reliable it it.

When I bought season tickets this year it was for fun. The most I could lose is what I paid for tickets. Next year Jets wanted me to buy my seat. All at once it was no longer entertainment it was an investment. Jets selling for $15 bucks tickets that command a $120 price should be a concern.

Next week NY Jets are having a Group Interview to bring on New PSL Sales reps, they are in full panic mode with tons of seats unsold.

Rex and Mark are spinning this as they are learning from their mistakes, but bottom line if I hire two new employees who suck their first year would you think that is a positive? Are they learning from their mistakes? I would just hire two good employees from the get go.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Are you really Woody Johnson using a different user name?

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Well we do have an owner named Woody Johnson!!! He can ram it up your ass with either his Woody or his Johnson!

I see how you love doing calculations of how the Jets are ramming it up everyones ass.