The Being Sick of / Benching of Kerry Rhodes thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Nov 15, 2009.

?

Does Kerry Rhodes want to be a great football player?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2009.
  1. Yes, he is working hard, but the big plays are just not happening.

59 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. No, he has used the NFL to make money and become popular.

186 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. Gumboso

Gumboso New Member

Rhodes is overrated....Honestly, I know a lot of my fellow jet fans were so big on him...and i could never figure out why. This year absolutely nothing in a scheme he is supposed to have the freedom to make plays.

Two examples today...Run over by Maroney in the 2nd qtr I believe, and then trucked by Welker later in the game...

Bart Scott and Rhodes=overrated
    David Harris only one that wanted to play today

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Even Simms commented on Rhodes-----------he stated the obvious---Rhodes should have not only been in on a play but had the INT --instead he was a spectator

3. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Rhodes is like the Corbin Bernsen character on Major League - much too concerned with being "Hollywood" and his post-NFL acting career to risk actually hitting someone or being a legit safety.

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

he should be a 2 time pro bowler in the past stats dont lie, i agree he hasnt done anything of late, but damn revis is not letting him do anything on revis's side of the field revis to busy shutting them down, if we would have a diffrent corner im sure he would have more work, revis does it all. you have yo look at it from all perspectives.

5. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Having a shutdown corner should make a safety better, it means he has to give over the top help and double less often freeing him up to make a play on the ball. That's why Ed Reed was his best when McAllister was still good, why lawyer milloy made big plays for the pats with Law in his prime etc.
    Anyway RHodes biggest problem isn't not being involved it's that he has been useless against the run, and he doesn't hit anybody anymore, he's making what Deion Sanders likes to call "business decisions" exceot he does it every play, and he isn't a shutdown corner, the only position on D that can really get away with that.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Rhodes has been very average for about 2 seasons now.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the wonders that twitlies twats has done for his reputation on theoldmanjetssite oh i mean theganggreen :)

8. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

Watching the game with friends each of us having played football at some level- backyard, highschool, small college were discussing how a guy like Welker would insense you so much. So fast and annoying and the worst part you never seem to get a chance to T the guy up as always in traffic etc...

Then Brady stares him down the whole time. Yes the great Tom Brady stares down his reciever. Rhodes has one assignment watch the eyes of brady. He is in perfect position the throw is coming his way. If he breaks on the throw its an int or at worst dropped INT. Option 2 you are staring at "WELKER" on a jersey which means you have a chance to crush this fucking guy, I mean the type of hit that cleanly puts him out of the game.

Rhodes does neither he does not react on the play he meakly tackles Welker after what in my opinion was the biggest play of the first half.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

We have bigger needs then replacing Rhodes.

We need a 3-4 NT to team with Jenkins and we need a 3-4 OLB to line up opposite of Pace that can rush the passer.

I agree that Rhodes hasnt been the same player that he was in 06 and 07 but we still have bigger needs. I also believe that the talent with Kerry is there. Maybe benching him or something would send him a message.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Kerry is to nervous about giving up the big play-

In order to make some big plays he might have to sacrifice his ego-

He still continues to just to sit back on his heels and wait, while he should be making jumps on the ball-

11. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Rhodes needs to get off twitter and start making plays and earn that paycheck he got.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How many times does he have to throw a half-assed shoulder tackle on Welker that winds up getting broken before Ryan just puts someone else in for at least a play? Shit Ihedigbo will probably give up a few touchdowns but if it gets Welker to take a few big hits that knock the ball out, then it's worth it. I think SS opposite Leonhard should be a wide open position for any DB on the roster at this point.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Put Eric Smith in there and let kerry work his way back to starting.

Just sucks that Leonhard is not 100%.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Welker should have woken up in the ICU today courtesy of Rhodes.

No Sacks, no interceptions, no big hits....He's the reason for multiple td's b/c of blown coverage.

Rhodes has 6 more games to do something, anything. His future with the Jets should depend on his performance in the next few weeks. A weak showing should result in a trade or release from New York; to a market more comparable to his ability...Cleveland, Buffalo, United Football League etc..

Safety is one of the most important positions in the NFL...They see the entire field and can react on plays that other people can't. They make big hits, hurt people, and are feared by most receivers in the league. Rhodes sits on the back of his heels and brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as making plays. He arm tackles and rarely if ever lays the smack down...I don't believe any receiver in the NFL fears him.

You were once good, but that player who proudly wore #25 for the New York Jets has vanished.

Rhodes your days in NYC are short getting shorter. Enjoy the limelight while it lasts Hollywood, your days are numbered. I'm personally not wasting my vote for you to make the Pro Bowl. You got to make plays to make the Pro Bowl pal. What a joke/disappointment.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

He had 1 good year and cashed in. Maybe he overachieved in the past; in any event, the guy doesn't have anywhere near Ed Reed talent, despite what Rex would have you think, and the reality is management needs to seriously look at using multiple early round picks on players that can help our shi-ty secondary.

The guy flat out sucks right now, there is no way around it.

17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Fucking awful yesterday. Rhodes looked like a wet pussy yesterday.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rhodes used to invite teammates over to his place to do this. During his rookie year, he had to beg Vilma to do this with him. Rhodes used to work for this team but, just like Bryan Thomas, he got his deal and then got lazy as fuck. Fuck Rhodes. He might have the chance to be a good player if he goes some place else, but it's not going to happen here. Not next season. Not ever.

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Any new Kerry Rhodes tweets? I'd like to see if he's still telling his "fans" to vote for him for the Pro-Bowl after the embarrassing display of football he put out there last Sunday.

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Rhodes should be benched. He doesn't want to hit. Ihedigbo should play instead.