Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

The Jets suck, end of convo.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Very true, and we don't need Francessa to tell us that.

3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

You think Harris and Ellis are better than they were? They played well last year, and have played well this year, but have they really stepped up their level of play? And the overall lack of big plays by the defense has been a disappointment, with Ryan touting how game changing his D was going to be this year.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Correct. Eric Smith was very uneven before this year. He's developing quite nicely since Ryan got here. He may have, anyway, but you can't say no one is playing better.

I didn't see enough of the Ravens last year to know whether Leonhard should also be mentioned. But he seems to be playing quite well.

Pace has also had some moments, and after all missed the first four games. I might add him as well.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Comedy gold!

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Neither one played well last year especially Harris. harris has been a beast this year and Ellis has been better as well.

Big plays can be lucky too. We didn't play great D last year but we had alot of defensive scores- some of that is luck. We have played much better D this year. i'd rather play better D and have less big plays than the other way around.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I cought Mike's rant today. He hates the Jets hates them. He loves that we are somewhat screwed. That said he made some good points although I'm actually okay with Sanchez not being to freaked out about the picks.

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Really? Here's what I wrote in the "Wahoo is a douche" thread in the trash-talking forum.

...and here's another Wahoo thread, regurgitating Mike Francesca. No insight, no personal opinion, just Francesca. Comedy gold, indeed.

And wouldn't you know it, alleycat makes another appearance here as the Message Board Moral Compass. Heh.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Guys - keep this stuff in the TT forum.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Pace played out of his mind against the Dolphins in the second meeting, he is still an animal, but he did well in 2008 before Mangini turtled into a conservative defensive philosophy.

I agree about Smith, but I have to say that Leonhard has turned into a true leader on defense and he is probably our smartest player on that side of the ball - that has to be an improvement from 2008, when he was a role-player for the Ravens.

Ryan knew what he was doing bringing this guy in. My only problem with Leonhard to date happened yesterday. Ryan should have sidelined him when it became obvious that he couldn't make a tackle with that cast on his hand. He was the next thing to a detriment on the field and his missed tackles let Welker run wild when he was assigned to #83.

11. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

ten games into the season and you want to judge ryan's defensive scheme. the players are not playing totally instinctively yet. they still think about positioning and who's covering who. it's unfair to judge ryan's defensive scheme as much as it is to judge sanchez on just ten games.
    injuries happen, and thats no excuse, because all the other teams have key players that are injured also. this is where depth and coaching comes in. how can one honestly judge ryan on coaching until he has a year or two to draft some depth to this team?

considering ryan has only had one draft, and very few selections because we keep trading away draft choices to move up, it's really unfair to be jumping to such conclusions.

if my memory is correct, didn't BB go 5 & 11 his first season, jimmy johnson, didn't he go 1 & 15 his first season, and those two coaches are considered two of the best there have been and won multiple super bowls. does ryan not deserve the same curtousy and time to implement his system and players as these other two great coaches had gotten?

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Francessa is gonna enjoy his thanksgiving smorgasbord

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

any of the guys in the rotation on the d-line. even without jenkins they have managed to hold up fairly well.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

How about Ellis, Harris, Pouha, and DeVito for starters......

Francessa has never had a clue about anything football related in his miserable life......

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hey jcrotch im not the one walking around the bs forum acting all tough.

i didnt see this little gem because i rarely go to the bs forum to play with the children. i will be whatever kind of person i choose to be, if you are too much of a self centered person to understand what i say then i am sorry for you. please let me say my piece without acting like you can tell me what i can and cant say. things like this make me realize i probably dont say some things enough.

16. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

and bryan thomas, thread fails

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thread was over right there.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who thinks the "jets have no depth" argument is grossly exaggerated and ultimately not true?? A lot of our backups have played quite well. (Pouha, devito, westerman . . . just to name a few)

19. cambam71

cambam71 Member

Ryan is helping out the D - but he's not exactly put together one like in B-more either. I understand different personnel but I figured we'd be a little farther ahead than we are. Especially Rhodes

20. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

In all fairness...Jets have zero draft picks every year now, so who is there really to be developed ? Some discarded free-agent. Jets have to learn how to accumulate more draft picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.