17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

maybe if we get lucky he will slip and someone will catch the camera! ;)

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The view sucks from where we're going to be. They say the uppers are off-limits because they're sold out. Bullshit. The real reason is, people would be bailing on them in droves if they ever saw what a shitty view they've signed up for. You'd have a better view with the naked eye if you go down to Cape Canaveral and hitch a fucking ride on a spaceship destined to orbit the earth.

3. alleycat9

gordon i dont mean to say that season ticket holders are stupid. if it was implied my apologies. i was talking about the guy who has no idea what he is getting himself into. the guy who bought em just cause he felt he had to or because he had other thoughts without any real investigation.

im talking about the guy also who has absolutely no history with the jets the ones they are preying on now. the guys that may think one thing or the other or are listening to the reps and not doing any research on their own.

i am not in any way shape or form saying someone is stupid for making a thought out decision to spend money on jets tickets.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Is there any pics of section, 121,123, and 129,131??

I'm curious to see the view from the 5k sections that are closest to the 10k.

5. Section 227. Row 5

The views are better from your section than they are from my section. Instead of the view I'm going to get, which is like a view from the spaceshuttle, your view is more like looking out the righthand window on a JetBlue flight departing from LaGuardia bound for Florida.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah no worries I think we all got the gist of what you were saying. And it's absolutely true that some people are going in this thinking that their PSLs are going to hold their value or appreciate in value when I think they're going to be in for an unpleasant surprise. But even at most of these price points I don't think that a mark to zero would bankrupt anyone unless they mortgaged the house to buy two rows in the coaches corner

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

9. Section 227. Row 5

Still not impressed. I surmised that the soundtrack was supposed to impress me too, especially if I turned up the volume. So I tried that, and it's still an immensely obscene, mostly indoor shopping space with mall-like corridors and 40'-wide food-court vendors which will probably peddle everything from Chinese hot and spicy to Yankee World Series pennant flags. Big fucking deal. I can get that on any street corner. But I'm sure it will impress the top shoe salesman from Des Moines, IA or the Mary Kay Cosmetics Saleslady Of The Year from Toledo, OH. Perks like this don't come often out there, especially when you're on an all-expense-paid trip to New York City, complete with football tickets and a bus trip to the Statue of Liberty!

Seriously. This is about watching football. Good sightlines. Close-to-the-field action. Modern stadiums are supposed to be an improvement over Shea Stadium, for example, but I'm beginning to think my sightlines were better out at the old Shea, way before I even thought about tickets in the new Giants Stadium.

This stadium is wrong, period, and for a lot of reasons. Fuck you, Woody Johnson.

10. MadBacker Prime

^^^

Even before stepping foot in the Opened stadium??

I'll reserve judgement until it's really open for business.

11. Section 227. Row 5

That's right. You got it.

It's a shopping mall, food court and multiple bar area. And oh, by the way, we also happen to have a football stadium here too.

Fucking ridiculous.

12. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

But that's just the way it is now, like it or not. Look at Citi Field and the new Yankee Stadium - they're the same way that the new Meadowlands is going to be and the fans love them.

I'll reserve judgement also until I step inside next year. I'm really looking forward to it though.

13. alleycat9

the fans love them when they are new... dont worry the shine will wear off as it always does and when it does and the real fans arent there to buy the tickets the organization will suffer.

and honestly i look forward to it, just as long as there is no way they can get out of the lease. because i wouldnt put it past this cock bag to move the team if he felt he could make more money elsewhere.

btw both shea (i like that name better, and it will never cost me anything to say it. i dont care for advertising for someone else for free.) and yankee stadium both have lowered prices for next year... we all know the yankees dropped significantly even last year.

trust me when it comes down to it for the long term if you put a winning product on the field and do it consistently the fans will be there, that is the way it really is. ask bob kraft.

14. MadBacker Prime

Yankees only dropped their most expensive seats, just like the Jets did, and their the freakin Yankees.

Once the economy bounces back they'll be soldout just like the previous 20 years.

It will happen, they are doing this last big push to get rid of the crap seats that are leftover.

Or you can hold your breathe for a big price reduction.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yea looked how packed citi field was in august. that will be us in november next year

16. alleycat9

trust me rodimus yankees stadium was VERY far from sold out 20 years ago. very very very far from sold out.

17. MadBacker Prime

I was talking about the Jets-

18. Section 227. Row 5

I honestly don't know what's to "judge." Seriously, I'm not being facetious. The pictures speak for themselves. It's a wonderful, brand new, state-of-the-art showplace with spectacularly oversized escalators and row after row of food vendors, unbelievably spacious concourses, lavish bars and huge HD screens. I'd expect nothing less for this kind of money. If this is what you're expecting, you're going to be very, very pleased. You have to be already, based on the pictures.

But the pictures also show us that it's generally not a good football-viewing facility for most of the seats. That somehow got lost somewhere in all the planning. It's almost as if someone told the architects, "Build us a lavish combination of expensive cocktail lounges, five-star restaurants and upscale food courts and oh, by the way, we need to put a football field in the middle of all this somewhere. But whatever you do, don't sacrifice any square footage or comprimise the first goal."

19. Section 227. Row 5

I never truly appreciated the old place as much as I should have. The fact that it was called Giants Stadium was irrelevent to me whenever I was sitting in my seats. I could care less what color the seats were. In fact, the place could have been called "The New England Patriots House Of Worship" for all I care. It meant nothing to me because me and my family were at a Jets game and watching the football game and getting into THE GAME, not the fucking surroundings, the food, the color combinations or even the name on the side of the building.

Now they'll tear down that fantastic, pure football-viewing stadium that doesn't have a seat anywhere that's further from the field than 100 yards and replace it with one that requires 70% of the pure football-watching fans (if there are any) to watch through 20X-power binoculars. But we'll finally have "our own stadium." Er.... well.... I don't know... half of one, I guess.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Exactly. Just like Shitty Field.

I love my UD JETS seats in the stadium now. I still say there isn't a bad seat in the house. I tailgate before the game and do all my drinking and eating in the lot. I go in the game, and watch my team play the greatest game in the world LIVE.

I don't want to watch the games on TV. Even on my killer HDTV - there is no comparison. Cold weather, rainy weather, whatever weather doesn't matter.

Watching a football game live is where its at. Bar none.

If my new seats suck and I can't see the game, that will surely blow but I'm giving it a shot. Keeping my hopes up and praying for a Jets SB sometime in the next 5 years. Maybe even a Jets dynasty????????

:martin: