17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So this has turned into bashing the Jets and that's about it??

If everyone hates the Jets so much why are you a fan?

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Just got home from the stadium tour a little while ago. It was pretty cool to see. We were able to see our new seats(section 221) and i have to say they aren't as bad as i thought they'd be.
    I actually thought of upgrading to a lower level endzone seat sorta on the curve but i don't think they'd have as good a view when we're going into the far endzone as the upper section.
    The PSL's are only $1000,00 more and game tickets same price.

I guess you can say taking the tour backfired on them as seeing my seats kept me froim upgrading.
    Sad part is i saw signs on seats that were still available on the visitors lower sideline foe $25k PSL's and $600.00 per game ticket price! Crazy.

we also were able to pick which remaining game we wanted tickets too. I actually asked the girl giving them out if i could pick the game and she was a little hesitant but said "ok".
    Just a point of info for you guys who haven't taken the tour yet. ASK TO PICK WHICH GAME YOU WANT TICKETS TO.
    I chose Bengals.

#4222 Jersey Joe 67, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Most people are going to be fans from home. You can have a shitty owner that's easy to hate yet still love the team you know, those don't go hand in hand. Just look at the Mets

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

did you take pictures???

5. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

So what kind of free seats did you get? uppers, lowers?

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm going next week. I picked my game already when I called to book my spot. Where did they give you your seats for the game?

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Personal Sanchez License

WTF PSLs to watch this clown maybe turn into a butterfly from a caterpillar?

The Jets more often than not play a FIVE home game season. First two games pre-season garbage and last three games it is freezing and season is already over.

The Jets PSLs priced at same exact price as Giants PSLs is price fixing. Look Islander suck and they know it, two for one deals, free signed pucks even a coupon for dinner for two with a two for one purchase. They don't charge the same as devils or rangers. The Jets need to wake up. I would like to see a one year free season tickets with a PSL purchase or something, soon!!!! Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up and season is over, Jets better just give it up soon.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My rep hasn't returned my phone call from Friday. But maybe he'll call today since the phone lines in that ticket office ought to be pretty fucking quiet this morning. LOL

9. GordonGecko

Pretty embarassing. Woody Johnson promised the Jets were going to make the playoffs this year. If he lied about that, what else has he lied or mispoke *cough* about?

10. MadBacker Prime

Last I estimates were that 2010 tickets were about 85% sold, is that BS do you think?

Will all the advertising dollars being thrown out I'd find that hard to believe.

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Where did you hear 85%? Personally, I don't think you will ever get the real numbers from the jets, but if you told me the Jets sold 69,700 tickets for the new stadium...I'd be skeptical.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I can't imagine that being fact. I would buy into all of the Uppers being gone (with maybe just a handful of scattered, high-row seats still available) and ALL of the low-to-medium rows in ALL of the sections, perhaps as high us as 3/4 of the way up in the sideline seats.

But I sure as hell can't picture somebody buying into a PSL with a high ticket price in sections that are high up and far from the field AND AT THE SAME PRICE AS THE LOWER ROWS. Who in their right mind is going to pay the same price for Row 23 as someone paying that for Row 3? Those are going to be the hard sells... probably account for at least 30-45% of the stadium.

13. MadBacker Prime

Some people like to be hinger up and under cover-

I know a bunch of guys around me now that chose the last row in the corner EZ.

I do agree that the hard sells will come in the in between rows while also sitting in the middle of the row.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guys dont forget people as a whole are stupid. most havent seen this thread or threads like it.

they dont realize the caveats of the whole situation.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

16. MadBacker Prime

I didn't realize NFL players were so tiny-

[​IMG]

It's like Derek Zoolander's Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I think I see my seats... had to zoom in 500%.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im glad everyone is posting pics but is everyone taking the same photo's???
    i want last row of the mezz photo
    i want a photo from the upper deck
    and dont give me they wont let you up.
    just walk up there.its safe now.go one

i want the realization of the stdium not these look here i picture from the field.here is a picture from the 1st row mezz.

19. GordonGecko

Yeah but don't forget people just want to watch their team play. If they have the money the Jets are asking for (PSL or no PSL) and are willing to spend it, then no one has any right to question that.

But taking a step back it's a pretty messed up situation. The "New York" Jets commited themselves to staying in New Jersey for many years to come, and if you buy a PSL it's actually a time share with another NFL team. You'd think that would bring your cost down, but instead you have to deal with a union construction "discount" of double the cost in what should be a cheap time to build in such a crappy economy. Then you have to deal with ticket prices that are way out of line with what the market is willing to pay.

Football more than any other is a sport where people sit in their seats for the entire game except for half time and spend the pre-game hanging out with buddies in the parking lot. Football fans don't give a flying fuck about sushi bars, marble urinals, or hand rails made from brushed Brazilian steel. Just give them a comfy seat and a decent sightline with a beer stand and bathroom behind the section at a fair price and they're happy. People aren't willing to pay a 50% premium for all those extras that don't add any value to what they're coming to the game for. Yet somehow that's what the Jets did.