The Original Cesspool

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scikotic, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Who contributes the most to this heap of shit thread?

1. Jtrain

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Tanknyc

22 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. firemanedjr

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. TurktheJetFan

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. I love Beer

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Is this the new trash talking forum?

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no...but our playoff hopes "fly away" more often than naught.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Turk, you back so soon?

3. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Awesome, I've been waiting for a worthless thread to post this video. Know anyone in this video MB? :smile:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah3nMStXV4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ hahaha...those big bastards skate better than i do.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

it fits very well, past and present.

jil

6. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

If there was ever a thread that needed to be locked.....

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Then Petro would have to rename the website. I like the nickname, and it's not like a lot of people call the Jets gang green besides Jets fans

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

theganggreen should get rid of AJW.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I thought Turk was banned?

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wasn't one of the people that was bashing Favre at the end of the season, but this is an idiotic post. Favre was throwing ducks for the last 5 games of the season, when it was due to an injury of just due to him not giving a shit and throwing every pass up for grabs.

Favre didn't want to be here from the beginning, and was just using the Jets as a stepping stone to get to the Vikings, and that was obvious to anyone but brainless front-running twerps like you.

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I agree with you that Favre did not want to come here (hell he even said so point blank himself after his 'retirement" from the Jets in Feb), but I don't think he was intentionally "using" the Jets.

If you think about it, saying he both did not want to be here, and simultaneously had a plan for being here, doesn't compute. If it was a stepping stone, it only became one after he already found himself dumped on the rock and being unhappy enough to try to get off the "stone."

IMO the Jets were mostly just innocent bystanders in the whole Thompson-Favre passion play. If anyone used the Jets here it was Ted Thompson (packer GM) not Favre. Thompson could've sent Favre to Tampa, they were willing and able to deal, but the appeal of sending Ol' Mississippi into the viper nest of Gotham, playing outdoors in the north, in mid training camp to a team where he knew neither people (players or coaches) nor playbook -- all things that Favre explicitly said to Packers that he did NOT want -- was just too damn tempting for Thompson. He could make himself look better by sending Favre to the place he was most likely to look bad.

For what it's worth, I think the Jets (as an organization -- maybe certain specified individuals not so much) treated Favre great, not "like crap." Like I said, I think they (specifically Tannenbaum) were just naive innocent bystanders that foolishly stepped into the crossfire. Having chosen to do that, they did everything (at the organization level) they could to make him feel welcome. It just was a bad fit, as Thompson knew, it would be very hard for Favre and the Jets (an in particular Mangini) to succeed together. Both Favre and the Jets are better off for him moving on. The entire NFL is better off. The only exceptions are Green Bay and its fans. If things keep gonig for the Vikings, this season will sting for them for a long, long, long time. A lot longer than it will for the Jets. As a community owned team, the fallout could last for a generation.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Cool story, bro.

13. 624

624 Banned

I hope one day one of my threads will be in the Cesspool.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

And the Bart Starve Wisconsin soap opera hits just keep on coming.

15. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

As do the "it sounded witty to me!" throw off replies to them.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sorry, man, but the only way that Favre was going to get to the Vikings was the way he did. I'm not saying the Jets were used as pawns. They most undoubtedly willing participants - they had to keep fans interested during a transition period and wanted to sell jerseys and get people talking about the team, because buzz equals bucks.

There was little fan buzz after the joke of a 2007 season in which Pennington was getting closed to reviled and Clemens got shelled repeatedly behind a terrible performance by the O-line. This was at the same time as Woody was working out finding a new home for the Jets. He needed not only money, but fans excitement. Favre brought that. The Jets were used by Favre, and Favre was used by the Jets. It was simbiotic.

In fact, I will not be surprised at all if, years down the road, we find out that the Jets had an agreement with Favre and Buss Cook before the 2008 season began to release him after the season if they had a plan in place to replace him with either a veteran FA or a rookie in the draft.

#116 abyzmul, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

One thing Turk got right, this forum seems to have lost alot of its quality, with quick-fire 'smart' responses to either belittle or ridicule OPs.
    Its seems to have become open season when someone comes up with something thats maybe slightly incorrect, instead of correcting the mistake, the playground mentalists all gang up to vent their collective spleens.
    I don't mind banter, but some of the bile thats on here is just embarrassing.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So you think the name of the website should be changed?

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I piss on this thread.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

There you go. Reasonable post followed up by someone reading between the lines.
    Where in my post did I insinuate that I thought that TGG should change its name?