Whats up with the bomb to Moss at the end?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 73klecko, Nov 23, 2009.

1. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Typical Belecheck lack of class. No reason for it. Funny thing is, Moss still couldn't lose Revis. Face it, Revis owns Moss. Moss is a little ferry that only runs around outside the numbers.

We need to put Revis on Welker. He is the guy that does all the tough work for the Pats. He is the guy Brady looks for on 3rd downs. Moss is a punk. Pass interference on you Moss. How embarrassing.

Sorry for the ramble. That play at the end really ticked me off.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG]

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

how about moss not giving any credit to revis, then giving him that hug cuz he was worried about interception?

4. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

That call to go deep had to be a Moss - Brady decision. Whack ass move. With the game in the bag, that was just classless. One last attempt for Randy to "try" to beat Revis. Sorry, bud. No-go. Revis owns you. How foolish did he look hugging Revis on that one play?

On another note, did anyone else notice BRady head straight to the locker room post-game?

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I kind of expected it, and it would have been deserved given all the smack the Jets talked before the first game. That being said, it was a bad idea in that the Jets sent a huge blitz on that play, I remember seeing Scott waving everyone in on that play at the last second. Brady was lucky to get out of that one. Throwing on Revis, another bad move.

6. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Revis is the best corner in the league, he's held his WR in check every game this season. One of the only legitimately proud things I can say as a die hard Jets fan.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Amen to that, though I wonder what his price tag will be come contract time.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That they threw a bomb with a huge lead didn't surprise me one bit either. You just had to see something like that coming considering what transpired before like Hemi said above. I don't blame the Pats either.

I seem to remember a vengeful Jets team that didn't even turn the lights or hot water on in the visiting lockerroom when Tampa Bay came to play after a controversial touchdown the last time they played.

What's that old saying about glass houses...

9. Tolan

Tolan New Member

What ever it is the jets will pay it, but when Ghost gets his contract knocked down it wont look too bad.

10. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

It looked as though they were out to embarrass Revis. I think they still thought they win that match-up. If not for the turn-overs, that miscalculation could have cost them big time.

On the other hand, give them credit. They have the game and to the end they're still fighting to win that battle. They couldn't even stomach walking away losing that battle. Say what you want but that is a winning mentality.

11. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Brady and Moss wanted to shove it up the Jets ass all day. I know we loss big, but the D played great in the second half.They wanted to step on the Jets throat and couldn't do it. Brady never came out of the game. They tried everything to score a TD at the end of the first half. Brady took another beating. The way Sanchez played we should have lost by 30. He gave them a pick 6, great field position 3 times and a fumble. Pats have nothing to be proud of.

12. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

The bomb was a punk move and I think came from the classless boss. never seen anything quite like it actually.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree with a previous poster that it was designed between Brady and Moss. Not sure BB had anything to do with that call. It does put your QB in jeopardy and was dumb move I thought.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I expected that playcall, although it certainly pissed Rex off. After the ball was overthrown on that play they showed Rexy on the sideline saying 'Fuck them' with a pissed off look on his face. You can bet that Moss and Brady will both have bounties on them in Pats-Jets game 1 next season.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Rex can be mad and whatnot, but at the end of the day Revis came out on top and it was yet another failed attempt at Moss tryign to win that battle. The only better way for the Revis-Moss thing to end would have been if Revis and intercepted that hitch pass for the TD and taken it the other way, but I can look past a 4 yd TD pass....he certainly didn't get burned.

16. oneway

oneway New Member

"You can bet that Moss and Brady will both have bounties on them in Pats-Jets game 1 next season."

and yet...the Patriots are the classless ones...

what a joke...

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a similar situation ever comes up that Rex doesn't send 11 after Brady and tell everyone a late hit is fine by him.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I am guessing Revis was expecting a fade there, it was a no win, come up and jam, fade route, layoff, stop route. 1 yard.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Did the Jets say that or a fan. Get off your high horse.

20. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

After all the crap after the first game, and more of it leading up to last week, I wasn't surprised to see it. Brady was forcing the ball to Moss too often and they're fortunate it didn't turn out worse at times. Revis is definitely one of the top corners out there right now and Moss, at his age, isn't quite as quick or physical as he used to be. As long as they keep Revis around, the Jets will have an anti-Moss solution each time they play. I give him a lot of credit.

That said, and acknowledged...

It's pretty freaking funny that some of you are throwing the "lack of class" card down on the table. After all the bullshit talk and bravado, the Jets deserved it.