The Being Sick of / Benching of Kerry Rhodes thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Nov 15, 2009.

?

Does Kerry Rhodes want to be a great football player?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2009.
  1. Yes, he is working hard, but the big plays are just not happening.

59 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. No, he has used the NFL to make money and become popular.

186 vote(s)
    75.9%
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

^what....the....fuck??

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Great posts....not really. Keep repeating yourself though.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I mean by these threads being bipolar. It is just a mess anymore.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Bama you posted the same shit about 6 times in this thread. Stop spamming dude.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Keep tweeting about the pro bowl Kerry. Your gonna need to buy a ticket to get in

6. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Bamaplaya - U are CRAZZZY! Haha ...what defense are you watching? Scott hasnt been amazing but sure as HELL better than Kerry "all about me" Rhodes!

#166 NYJetsMan7, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  7. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I didn't see this yet but I think people make too much about what these guys say on Twitter. Kerry knows the importance of this upcoming game and he is definitely not slacking in preparation. Sure, it seems like the guy loves his star status but I really don't think this is affecting his play on the field. He has not been in a position to make big plays this season which is insanely frustrating. However, the hatred people now have for this guy is unfounded and absurd. He is a good-very good safety who cannot achieve great-elite status until he starts making game-changing plays. Until then, I am not going to complain about having a good-very good safety who does not make many errors and is solid all around.

8. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you supposed to be Brandon Moore from Alabama?

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

The guy is a top-5 paid safety. His play has been average at best. He cost us that last touchdown, and the game. His mouth and his paycheck>>>>>>>>>>his play, so yeah, real discerning fans are gonna call his ass out. Don't cry for him, he's still a millionaire.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I don't think anybody is crying or even feels bad for him because of the amount of money he makes. (at least i don't) I just feel like he is becoming a scapegoat for a lot of people who aren't really knowledgeable about the reasons we aren't winning games. We have an average run stopping team, which is actually below average without Jenkins and we haven't been able to get pressure since the first three weeks. However, many fans seem to have this idea that the problems on our defense have everything to do with Rhodes.

I understand that he is definitely part of the problem. I just don't buy the fact that he isn't preparing enough or playing hard enough because he is too concerned with his image and social life.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But the politics of the game dictate that if you are playing poorly on a poor team, you need to shut the fuck up. Until then, he will be the target of excessive scrutiny...and deservedly so.

13. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

can someone post a link to this thread on his twitter?

14. SanchezToEdwards

I don't know what happened to Rhodes I mean he used to be on a Reed, Troy P level. He isn't even at a Leonhard level nowadays. It's like he got the paycheck and that's that.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

I didn't really watch the plays closely when I got home from the game because I was so pissed off, but the only plays I watched were the ones from the last drive just to see whose fault it was so I could hate someone all week. Obviously, that was Rhodes. Then I erased it. I wonder though and maybe someone can answer it. Why didn't we bring the kitchen sink at Garrard on those two third and longs on the final drive like we had done earlier in the season when we got to that spot....or did we and just not get there?

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

He was on the same level as Ed Reed and Polamalu for about 3 plays, 3 seasons ago- sorry to break the news to you.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

bama is kerry..

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Who? Is he still a jet?

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm pretty sure he is too. Bama is typing like this is twitter, and uses "gone" instead of "gonna" just like Kerry does, and Kerry always tweets with multiple !!! after every sentence. Not to mention this guy signed up and he only wrote in this thread.

20. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

ScotsJet picked it. I guess it's natural he will come on here and try to defend his name. It used to be a good name too.